Profile for Happy reader Helen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Happy reader Helen RSS Feed

Room With a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel Mysteries Book 1)
Room With a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mystery, February 14, 2013
I like reading books for enjoyment and to escape. I don't watch a lot of television so in the evening, I relax by reading. I thought the cover of these mysteries were cute and they looked like they would be fun. They really are. Light mysteries set in England. A very good way to pass an evening.

Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novels)
Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novels)
by Louise Penny
49 used & new from $2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, September 8, 2012
This is the first book in a mystery series that I love. Great mystery stories with great characters. Too realistic for a cozy mystery classification, but not a lot of blood and gore. Just the perfect level of intrique and story. Loved it!

Murder by Mocha (A Coffeehouse Mystery)
Murder by Mocha (A Coffeehouse Mystery)
by Cleo Coyle
116 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mystery, March 8, 2012
I really like to read mysteries, particularly those that don't have a lot of blood and guts. I have heard that the books I like are called cozies. I read a lot of them and like that they are purely entertainment and escapist reading.

This book is part of one of my favorite mystery series. Each book has been very fun to read and none of them have disappointed me. Even the pictures on the front are fun.

If you like reading purely for enjoyment, you should try these books by Cleo Coyle.

This was was just as good as all the others and I can't wait until the next one comes out.

Crunch Time: A Novel of Suspense (Goldy Schulz)
Crunch Time: A Novel of Suspense (Goldy Schulz)
by Diane Mott Davidson
219 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, August 4, 2011
I like mysteries. I have liked this series. I didn't like this book.

My daughter got me reading these books a long time ago. She bought me some as gifts or sometimes loans me her copy after she is finished. I really like reading these and thought they were fun until now.

Goldy acted like she didn't have any brains and Tom let her get away with it. There were too many story lines and I couldn't keep track of who was who or what was what and didn't really care by the end.

When my daughter loaned me her copy, I asked what she thought and she wouldn't say much. She wanted me to make my own decision. After reading it, I think it may be time for Goldy to hang up her apron.

Interesting: I think it's funny that many of the 5 star reviews showed up here after the author posted on Facebook, asking readers to come to Amazon and give this book 5 star reviews. About 30 of the 5-star reviews (out of the 70 currently posted) were written within 24 hours of the author's request. I don't think that is right.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2013 7:17 PM PST