Profile for Dave Mayer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave Mayer RSS Feed (Huntington Beach)

Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes without MoCA Routers
Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes without MoCA Routers
Price: Click here to see our price
61 used & new from $109.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A No Brainier if You're Got Cable Strung, March 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using these for the last two months and they've been working without problems. If you've got coax cables running throughout your house, this is much faster than wireless and much more secure too. This setup is really a no brainer if you've got cable already strung. Fortunately for me, I do. We've got it in every room in our house at a convenient wall plate, just like electricity.

And it's plug and play. There are no installation worries to worry about.

Scandalous
Scandalous
by Tilly Bagshawe
Price: $9.99
60 used & new from $2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell Hath No Fury..., March 22, 2013
This review is from: Scandalous (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sasha Miller gets into Cambridge University's Science department, her wish since she was three years old. Her dreams will finally come true. Her professor, Theo Dexter, who is a creepy womanizer seduces her. Sasha gives her heart to Theo, even though he's married. He tells her his wife doesn't understand him and that his marriage is over. Sasha shares everything with him, including her scientific breakthrough that will make her famous.

And, you guessed it, Theo decides to steal Sasha's theory. He calls a press conference and proclaims that this special theory is his and his alone. Sasha protests, saying Professor Dexter stole it from her. The case goes to court and Sasha loses. she is not only heartbroken, but furious that a thing like this can happen.

Sasha returns to parents and home and this is where she starts plotting her revenge. She goes back to school and studies business and she becomes a great success, but she can't get Theo out of her mind. He's getting richer and more famous as time goes by. He's on TV and he's written books and it's all because of what he's stolen from her.

But you know what they say, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and though it takes eight long years, Sasha will get even and her revenge is what makes this such a sweet, sweet book and I don't mean sweet like in lovey dovey kind of sweet. This book has great characters who come alive, even Theo, who you don't like. This is a great story, one I enjoyed very much.

Realtone RT212L AM/FM Portable Dual Alarm Clock Radio (Blue)
Realtone RT212L AM/FM Portable Dual Alarm Clock Radio (Blue)
Offered by COWINS
Price: $14.99
16 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves this Nifty Little, Retro Radio, March 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous, retro style radio that my daughter is simply gaga over. It lives by her bed and is on all the time, you know how twelve year olds are. It's cute as a button, has nice enough sound for what it is and you can play back your iPod tunes through it, which my daughter does all the time. I can't tell you how happy this nifty little radio has made her and anything that makes her happy is worth five stars from me.

Teach Yourself VISUALLY WordPress
Teach Yourself VISUALLY WordPress
by Janet Majure
Price: $19.88
83 used & new from $3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Get You Up and Blogging, July 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many moons ago I decided to set up a WordPress blog. It wasn't hard. In fact it was dead easy and most of what this book tells you about setting up a blog on WordPress dot com you can figure out for yourself.

So why do you need this book? Probably for the same reason that my blog went nowhere. There is more to having a successful blog than just formatting it and posting away and that's where this book comes in. I should have focused my blog on both something I know a lot about and something others might find interesting, the content should have been appealing. I should have been consistent and there are a lot of other things I should have done but didn't.

This book will help you decide what to blog about and it'll help you get readers. It'll also tell you what not to do. Plus, if you're not too computer or software savvy, it'll walk you through setting up and formatting your blog. This book will get you up and blogging. It really will.

Harbinger 373500 Padded Handle Push-Up Bars
Harbinger 373500 Padded Handle Push-Up Bars
Price: $20.25
8 used & new from $12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars They Work Well and the Price is Right, July 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I swore when I got out of bootcamp that I'd never, never ever, do another push or sit-up and I've kept that vow. However, my wife does them. She's a runner, a push upper and a sit-upper too, along with yoga and swimming. So, I figured I'd get these for her.

First off, she's not very heavy, so the plastic issue doesn't seem to be an issue with her. I understand that you can get more expensive ones made out of metal that are much more durable. However, these are fine for my wife. She says they make pushups easier for her and that she can do more. I'd tell you how many she does, but I don't want to frighten you. She loves these. They seem to work well and the price is right.

VANGUARD Xcenior 36 Photographic Equipment Bags
VANGUARD Xcenior 36 Photographic Equipment Bags
Price: $216.19
5 used & new from $200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This Bag Reeks Success, July 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before I got this bag, I was using a perfectly good Tamrac bag that I paid close to three hundred dollars for about five years ago. That bag did everything and I didn't think I'd ever want a replacement, not till I got this. First off, this bag is a little smaller and the strap is wider and easier on the shoulders. And it's black, whereas my Tamrac bag is grey.

But the above reasons don't really add up to a reason to replace a perfectly good bag. Or do they?

My Tamrac bag was worn out, looked like it had been through the mill, rode hard and put away wet. And it had been. I'd used it on deserts shoots, winter shoots, hauled it from beach to beach, wedding to wedding, hotel lobbies to taxies and back again. It was like an old friend.

Enter this bag. It held all my gear, all the gear my old bag held. And this bag has a certain I don't know what. Class maybe? It reeks success. I didn't know this, of course. But I found out the first time I took the bag on a shoot. I was doing a rehearsal on a Friday night. The wedding was the following day. I like to go to the rehearsals as it affords me time to bond with the officient, which was a Methodist minister in this case and he was a pretty alright guy. The first thing he said to me was, "You must be doing well to afford a bag like that."

"Holy Moly," I thought. This guy actually noticed the bag and it made a good impression, made me look successful to him. That alone, not to mention that this is a great bag, makes this bag worth the price.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 Ultra
Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 Ultra
Offered by BetterLifeTech
Price: $77.95
5 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool, April 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have an Android phone and tablet and want to sync all your media files with them, then Cyberlink Power DVD just might be the program you're looking for. From my laptop I can stream movies to my TV. I can listen to my music on my phone and watch movies on my tablet. That's pretty cool.

Plus the video upscaling is very good, almost as good as an HD movie and the instant zoom is pretty cool too. We're liking this program just fine at our house.