Profile for Sue Glut > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sue Glut RSS Feed

Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Gift Set, 3-Piece
Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Gift Set, 3-Piece
Offered by Monroe Sales
Price: $107.89
8 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 3-Pc. Set Not Available to buy anywhere else!, November 30, 2011
I just ordered this set, since I did NOT need an 8" or 12" Saute' pan, which is the only other way to buy saute' pans separately. Covers for these pans alone are expensive, so this was an added feature, along with the brazing pan (great for stews, roasts, etc.) which will use the same size cover. I called the manufacturer about this and found that this 3-Pc. combo is NOT SOLD. It comes as a BONUS when you buy a 10-Pc. set. Amazon probably buys so many sets that it can offer this set to us buyers. The price is more than fair, so I ordered it.

A point of interest is that this same manufacturer also makes lines like Calphalon, Rachel Ray, Circulon and others. I did my research, and Anolon is the best rated hard anodized pan available, and is supposed to outlast all the others. We'll see.

It's nice to be able to buy a "set" not geared towards families, etc.
As a single person, this was a perfect choice.

I have since used them and absolutely love them.

You can saute' meat, fish, etc. without adding any oil at all!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2012 4:07 PM PDT

Timex Women's T41181 Expedition Metal Field Brown Leather and Nylon Strap Watch
Timex Women's T41181 Expedition Metal Field Brown Leather and Nylon Strap Watch
Price: $33.50
10 used & new from $33.21

4.0 out of 5 stars No Date Function on this watch, November 4, 2011
I ordered the watch, got it, and it has NO date function, as pictured.
I am returning it. Too bad, it was cute.

UPDATED - Re-ordered this and the replacement DID have a date function. Hmmm, curious. Anyway, I love my new watch.

And absolutely LOVE the Indiglo feature. So nice to be able to read the time ANYTIME, and see it clearly.

SCARF_TRADINGINC® Large Soft 100% Twill Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap
SCARF_TRADINGINC® Large Soft 100% Twill Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap
Offered by Scarftradinginc group
Price: $8.99 - $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! (Other reviews must be on crack!), August 22, 2011
I purchased 2 pashminas from 2 different suppliers. One was this bubble 2-layer gauze-like pashima that I returned today from Sakas. I hated it.

But this one, which was just $8.50 is awesome!

One review says she knows what real pashmina cashmere feels like - well I question her judgement. While it may not be "thick" it is not sheer, and it is oh so warm. When you put it on, it's almost like wrapping yourself in an electric blanket. Within a minute or two, you feel your own body heat warming you. This is the true test of a real cashmere, or wool, etc. - it holds your body temperature in.

And soft! OMG, how wonderful it feels to the touch. NO way it is acrylic or rayon.
And for the price - what a great value. If I had not seen these online, and saw this in a store for say, $25, I would still think it was a steal.

I bought a black one, and I wish I had bought more, in a few other colors.

I saw where one bride-to-be bought them to give away as gifts in case it got cold. What a great idea. No one would suspect you paid less than $10 for this lovely product. Seriously! I absolutely love mine! Not sure where all these bad reviews come from. I can't image anyone would be dissappointed after spending so little, on something so soft, and warm.

I wish I could find a queen-size blanket made out of this stuff! I would never get out of bed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2011 7:43 AM PST

Feenixx Publishing Mammals - Laminated Poster
Feenixx Publishing Mammals - Laminated Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves it, especially children, August 22, 2011
I love this poster. It is in my office. Visitors comment about it, and kids just love it. I bought a butterfly one too. It is beautiful. A good value.

70" x 28" Reversible Bubbles Design Double Layer Pashmina Shawl / Wrap / Stole 10 Luxurious Colors

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth $15 - Try the other one I purchased - I loved it!, August 22, 2011

I agree with the reviewer before me. It looks like it would be thick, not sheer, but it is, in fact 2 layers of a gauze material, and not very nice to the touch. I love the feel of cashmere, but this one is not "cashmerey". While wiki describes real pashmina as being "gauze-like", I just did not like the feel of this pashmina.

I am returning the one I bought.

If you want a better value, I have a recommendation. I purchased another Pashmina along with this item: It was by Scarg_Trading, Inc. Here is the link to it.

New Best Soft Pashmina/Shawl/Scarf/Wrap/Stole-black

It is awesome! Soft, much thicker (even with just 1 layer) not sheer, sooooo warm, and it was just $8.50 for the black, others are up to $10. I wish I had bought 3 of them (so many nice colors to choose from) instead of this one. Although it is just ONE layer, it is heavier and thicker than this double-layer bubble pashmina.

Sorry, Sakas

P.S. The only way any of these pashminas will look the way they do in the picture, as far as fitting you - would be if you were skinny as a rail. If you are a plus size woman, you would not be able to tie it with as much spare material as you might think, per all the pictures. Also, the length includes 4" of fringe (on both ends).