Profile for Alex Fitzgerald > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alex Fitzgerald RSS Feed (Bothell, WA USA)

Driver 2 - PlayStation
Driver 2 - PlayStation
139 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not heartbreaking but disappointing., January 3, 2001
Well let me get one thing clear right now. This is still a great game. It isn't awful and a completely ruined sequel like many are saying, far from it, but I will agree that it could have been better.
First of all let me explain what you do in this game. You are Tanner, an undercover cop who is tackling his second mission. Your job is to take down the Brazillian mafia by getting from point A to point B with disregard to cops, pedestrians, other cars, and most of all other criminals.
But that's not all there is to this game. Not only to get the standard getaway missions but you also chase criminals with them knowing and without them knowing, escaping from enemy compounds, and just about anything else you can do with a car.
While this all looks good and all you must remember that whenever a videogame comes out with any digit at the end people are expecting improvements. So does Driver 2 have them? You Bet!
This game comes with all the excitement of Driver but now with a storyline to pump out just a bit more of an adrenaline rush. The game also lets you steal any car you please. Can you say Grand Theft Auto? They're are also curved roads now and a bit more variety of cars on the street as to it's original which had about four different types of cars for every city. This is all fine and dandy but what made me push this title down a star? Read further.
With the release of the PS2 many developers have rushed their upcoming PSone titles in order to garuntee good profits. Infogrames is absolutely no different.
The levels sometimes are way to hard and constantly make you feel like you want to trash the game. Also in the first game anything and everything could be run over easily. This was great for developing shortcuts that the police were too careful to take. Though in this one there is hardly an area where you can easily drive through without a 99.9% chance of being hit by a tree that just popped out of nowhere. And the pedestrians will constantly dissapear or pull a matrix by walking through walls.
But even with all these hitches I still have fun playing survival. I still like being the undercover cop who doesn't care about his safety but only the safety of others. But most of all I still have fun.

Whitey Ford Sings the Blues
Whitey Ford Sings the Blues
Price: $15.49
260 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blues will get to ya, May 13, 2000
I mean it when I say it the blues will get to ya. The classic songs by Whitey Ford are very sad and I almost found myself crying during "WATCH ME SHINE." Whitey Ford has seen the good times and the bad times but if you like rap or a different style of blues you'll love this CD

Jump Around
Jump Around
25 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I've seen better, May 13, 2000
This review is from: Jump Around (Audio CD)
Well I originally just wanted to get the Jump Around single. But everywhere I turned to look it was out of stock.
So what I did was I went here to amazon.com for the first time. After reading that review by the one guy I was all exited. So I bought the CD
The remixes stunk (especially number three, I can't imagine what that guy was thinkin) but at least I got the original. Now if you are reading this don't be fooled by that guy's review. Your better off getting the album or hunting down the single but please don't get this!
I rated it two stars becuase even though I didn't like the remixes I was glad I finally got the original. And hopefully you will learn from my mistakes.

Dare To Be Stupid
Dare To Be Stupid
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $9.89
40 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Weird Al album but not his best material, May 12, 2000
This review is from: Dare To Be Stupid (Audio CD)
Well I just recently became a Weird Al fan. See I first heard about his "SAGA BEGINS" from my friends and when I heard the song, man I loved it. It took me awhile to figure out I had heard his stuff before though. Then I remembered back in 96 I was flipping through the channels till I reached MTV. When I saw the video to "OMISH PARADISE." I was rolling on the floor it was so funny, anyway onto the review.
1. "DARE TO BE STUPID." A very catchy tune. If your a devo fan you will definitely love this song. The lyrics are very clever and you'll find yourself dancing to the wonderful rhythm of the keyboard.
2. "LIKE A SURGEON." A parody of Maddona's "LIKE A VIRGIN" is a fine Weird Al parody but not his best. The lyrics are very clever but quite a few medical terms (you can't blame Al for doing his homework) and if you get your hands on the music video let me tell you, it's a hoot!
3. "I WANT A NEW DUCK." A classic Weird Al song. The sound effects (unlike some of his other songs such as "CAVITY SEARCH") are very funny and never get obnoxious. And you'll love the saxaphone. Oh yeah like the other two very clever lyrics.
4."ONE MORE MINUTE." A classic I-Hate-Love song which was written after Weird Al was dumped by his girlfriend. The lyrics aren't that creative but it's worth a few laughs. Oh yeah guys, buy this album if you've lost your latest girlfriend. Trust me it will cheer you up.
5. "YODA." If you're a star wars fan you'll love this song. The guitar used in this by Steve Jay is very entertaining. The song has a few laughs and really is one of the more serious Weird Al Yankovic songs (scary I know but believe it.)
6. "GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE" I'll have to tell you the truth I really didn't like it. You'll like the drums and the sound effects but other than that it isn't all that great.
7."SLIME CREATURES FROM OUTER SPACE." A very cool song by Weird Al. It's somewhat funny but it's the sound effects that are cool. A very good back track.
8. "GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE LUNCH." A very funny spoof of "GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN." It's very funny and the lyrics are creative but there's no sound effects or instrument to awe at. Never the less a very funny song.
9."THIS IS THE LIFE" A song made for the movie Johny Dangerously. Pretty funny but that's all.
10. "CABLE TV" A very funny song with lots of funny lyrics and some girl echoers to awe at.
11."HOOKED ON POLKAS." I've heard a lot of Weird Al's polka's trust me this isn't the best one. It is very cool though.