Profile for JC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JC RSS Feed

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone, Black (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone, Black (Sprint)
18 used & new from $54.52

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, September 20, 2011
Got this phone on the 16th. Here are a few things that I like and dislike:

likes:
1. speed
2. screen
3. build (feels like a toy? are you kidding me?) this phone is so light in weight but don't confuse that as a poor build quality. If you want a phone built like a tank and weighs like one by all means choose a different phone. finish and fit are beautifully done!
4. camera (8m + LED flash). The pictures are sharp and focused. I like using retro camera and little photo. Even the front camera is awesome.
5. Gingerbread is cool and stable (no force close so far)
6. Google integration. Flawless
7. GOOD and corporate email integration. Flawless
8. GPS and Google Map. works perfectly.
9. audio (had to adjust the EQ to make it right)I'm rockin'
10. wifi (works great)
11. print Screen!!!! yes!! (home+power) finally!
12. cold boot time... fast (this is handy when you change out the battery and power back up fast)
13. SD card expansion up to 16G (I have 8Gb in mine.. no delays)
14. changeable battery.. awesome.

dislikes:
1. slippery surface (I need to get a case so that I can grip this thing without slipping out of my hand)
2. size (I have a pretty big hands (6' tall) but I sometimes need to use both hands.. perhaps due to the slipperiness of the phone) but my wife has small hands but she is not complaining... so try it out. The benefit of the size is the screen but... I'd rather have a little smaller phone than a little bigger screen. (but that's me)
3. power button on the size opposite of the volume rocker is annoying if you are trying to power on with your left hand. try it out.
4. a little delay in "wake up time"... once again... a little annoying.
5. compare to iphone 4 the touch screen is a little choppier, but does not diminish the user experience.

Summary:
This phone works like it should and more. This is definitely a fun and exciting phone. My dislikes are mostly user experience and can be subjective. But... that's what I've noticed so far with this phone. I highly recommend this phone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2012 1:22 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light - very bright, January 22, 2011
205 lumen is bright. I've been using this light for the last couple of months and I am impressed. "Good battery life." Well machined, especially the screw end. When the battery is low the 205 lumen will not work - you will know that's when you need to replace the battery.

Cons: the light is hot in the center. This is not designed for a wide area coverage. There is no way to focus. If you need a wide angled flashlight this is not for you. However, since it will light up well indoors. I only had the wide area issue when I was outside. Having said that this light as a good throw... I can light up a side of a hill with this light during the night.

Seiko Men's SNK805 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Green Canvas Strap
Price: $52.99
29 used & new from $49.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color! (update), January 21, 2011
I was afraid that the green would be too green... well, the face is very very dark green. (You can easily replace the band to a different color such as brown or black and the people will not be able to tell the face is green unless they pay attention) The band is a little thin but you can always change that. The band is a good quality and well built. The watch has a good solid weight, yet it is thin enough to wear with a dress shirt. I'm giving 5 stars because it is an excellent value for the price.

UPDATE: I originally gave 5 stars, but I have been wearing the watch all day under a normal condition. It gained 4 min per every hour (yes, per hour). I read another user having the same issue. this is not normal. I will try again for a couple of more days. If the condition does not improve I will return the watch. I still like the color and the looks of the watch. :)

UPDATE 2: It has been a week since I wore this watch. I have been wearing it for the last 2 days and the time is accurate. Am I going crazy? I left it on my desk for the last week or so (with face up flat). I was going to return but decided to test it out once again. It keep accurate time for the first hour so I kept on wearing (including overnight)as of today it gained +-15sec (within 48 hours). It is amazing. I'm very glad! I read about automatic watches needing "break-in" time or "adjustment-period"... so I guess it is true... or maybe it was magnetized during shipment.. or maybe it was stored side ways for a long-time.... well, I don't know since I'm not a watch specialist or anything.... I just want to tell you that it works. If I want an accurate time I would go with Quartz. My rating is going back up to 5 stars!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2014 4:06 AM PDT