Profile for kimber wolfe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kimber wolfe RSS Feed

Come Back, Little Sheba (1952)
Come Back, Little Sheba (1952)
DVD ~ Various
Price: $4.66
36 used & new from $2.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Shirley Booth is the Bomb, February 6, 2014
Shirley Booth's performance in this movie will remain imprinted on my mind as long as I draw breath. It is comparable to the emotionally stoic yet moving performances by Maria Schell in The Hanging Tree and Luise Ranier in The Good Earth. Also, Eileen Heckhart's stand-alone performance as the grieving mother in The Bad Seed compares in luminescence to Shirley Booth's (except for the adroit comic relief she infuses into her own tragedy in The Bad Seed). Burt Lancaster created excellent tension in his role as Lola's husband. He is one of my favorite actors and this is my favorite of all his roles.

The Storyteller
The Storyteller
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fearless Foray Into the Banality of Evil, May 16, 2013
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
Thank you again, Ms. P. Although your book is a novel, it serves to enlighten readers about history and humanity, particularly with regard to each individual's capacity for doing good and evil and the perils of groupthink. The novel's investigation of the insidious slippery slope facing the Nazi was illuminating and provocative. I enjoyed the seamless writing style, the literary devices of allegory and multiple voices, the wit and insightful observations. I get a kick out of your characters quirks and funky names, too. Paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson - "in matters of fashion, (it's all right to) follow the current, but in matters of principle, stand like a rock." This novel underscores that sentiment.

Invisible Darkness: The Strange Case Of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka
Invisible Darkness: The Strange Case Of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wash. Rinse. Repeat., May 16, 2013
Hit the delete button and get rid of this Kindle book before it infects your other books. Then head to the shower for a thorough scrubbing. The material therein is horrific and the author's rendering of it is prurient doggerel. I wish that Amazon had a zero rating for this caliber of trash.

PURE WHITE LINEN LIGHT BREEZE by Estee Lauder EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ for WOMEN

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing name- to me at least, December 19, 2012
I was trying to buy White Linen for my wife. Imagine my surprise to know that "Pure White Linen" is a completely different fragrance than "White Linen". I was disappointed and did not care for the smell. I contacted Estee Lauder and they promised to send me a replacement but it never arrived.

Wisdom Panel Mixed Breed DNA Test Kit
Wisdom Panel Mixed Breed DNA Test Kit
Offered by Amoondo Supply
Price: $69.99
6 used & new from $65.83

5.0 out of 5 stars We found our pound puppy's parents, December 6, 2012
The test results exceeded our expectations. We knew our Barkus was a mixed-breed dog and suspected border collie, Australian Shepherd and/ or Australian Cattle Dog genes were responsible for his unique features (the last two breeds because of the merle coat, the first two because of the ice blue eyes). The test identified one of this parents as a 100% Australian Shepherd and the other parent as a mixed breed with 34.25% Catahoula Leopard Dog genes. Wow! This analysis was spot on. A brief review of the Catahoula dog site online showed pictures of many Catahoulas that greatly resembled our dog in body size, head size, coloration, conformation, and eye color. In fact, our dog does have the leopard spotting on his sides, too, but it is obscured somewhat by his merle coat so it had been overlooked by us as a possible diagnostic characteristic. We are very pleased to know what breeds our great dog came from (also included were Border Collie, Gordon Setter, Otter Hound and Fox Terrier, in descending percentages) as it helps us to better understand his personality traits (the herding tendency, especially) and provide for his medical care if he should have future issues. We were pleased with the Wisdom Panel Mixed Breed DNA Test Kit and recommend it highly to anyone with questions about the heritage of his mixed breed dog. It was a lot of fun, too.

"War Brides"
"War Brides"

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the Kindle version, October 28, 2011
This review is from: "War Brides" (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novel but Amazon must have out-sourced the transcription of it to an ESL provider or a very bad typist for the Kindle version. There are lots of typos, duplicate words, and missing words which made it frustrating to read at times. There were actually a few sentences that were incomplete, but I could intuit the thread of the thoughts being conveyed, so I just filled in. The plot and characters are very interesting so buy the paperback or check it out at the library.
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2015 9:00 AM PDT