Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Profile for benito > Reviews

Browse

benito's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

benito RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Saxx Men's Vibe Modern Fit Boxer
Saxx Men's Vibe Modern Fit Boxer
Price: $16.79 - $38.94

4.0 out of 5 stars The comfiest Saxx with a huge drawback., May 16, 2015
This review has been a long time in the works. I’ve had several years' experience with a few different styles of Saxx - Pro Elite, Vibe, and Fiesta. They are truly life changing underwear. I hand wash all my Saxx because I want them to last forever. For reference, I’m 5’8” 150 lbs, 31" waist, and almost always wear size small in other underwear (CK, Champion, etc).

PRO ELITE
Amazing. I think these are the best all-purpose Saxx. As with all Saxx, the mesh panels work perfectly - brilliant invention. I’ve searched far and wide for boxer briefs that are the right length to prevent chafing. 9” inseams (Champion, UA) prevent the thigh rubbing, but I find that the longer length rides *down* my legs instead of up, which pulls the material away from my junk, loses support, and leads to ball/thigh rubbing. Some 6” inseams still ride up because I like to hike them up a little to begin with to prevent ball chafing. Saxx to the rescue! These sit very naturally in the middle of the thigh and eliminate all chafing for me. Regular walking NEVER causes these to ride up. I’ve worn these under jeans and shorts and they always stay in place. If you’re doing lots of climbing or sitting Indian style they will probably ride up, but so would everything.

The polyester material stays super dry. They also smell WAY less than all the other polyester underwear I’ve ever worn. These never seem to get that awful poly stink. Huge plus. These are perfect for casual hiking, great in the cold weather and also when it’s hot to keep you dry. They should last a long time.

Note: the Pro Elites definitely run big! Size down, especially if you’re in between sizes. I wear an XS in these. I tried the smalls and the mesh panels were too loose to provide consistent separation down there (especially when more active) and didn’t give much support. When I tried the XS everything was perfect. The only downside of sizing down to the XS is that the waistband is pretty tight.

VIBE
These are suuuuper comfortable, and also look great. They’re ‘modern fit’ and seem to run more true to size - I wear a small.

But the Vibes have a huge drawback. Without fail, the material loses its shape well within an hour. They will start to ride up and will not stop. It will only get worse as time goes on, especially if you’re hot or sweating. I can’t wear these for any kind of outdoor activity beyond a short walk with the dog. Losing their stretch will also lead to wedgies. By the end of the day, they’re so loose that the mesh panels are no longer stretched sufficiently to stay in place. But if you don’t care about these things these things, these might be your jam.

For me, the Vibes are perfect for around the house, lounging in pajamas, and even sleep. I wear them every night. They also show off your goods rather nicely. The viscose (modal) is very soft and feels amazing against your skin. I never want to take them off like I do synthetic underwear. They do fine in the washer, but I hang dry them because the dryer will cause the elastic waistband to wear out prematurely.

FIESTA
Also amazing. Great for casual and everyday use. The mesh panels work perfectly and keep everything separated. The newer anti-roll striped waistband is a huge improvement. It feels very comfortable against my skin and does not roll. I haven’t done anything super active in them, but for casual wear they barely/rarely stretch out or ride up. They stay drier than 100% cotton. They’re maybe a half inch longer than the Pro Elites and provide plenty of chafing protection.

The Fiestas also run big. I wear an XS and they fit perfectly. I’ve also noticed some inconsistencies in the Fiestas. They can vary slightly in length, rise, inseam, and mesh panels. Nothing major. I haven’t had any of the 24/7s but they are the same material as the Fiestas.

Other good places to buy Saxx are eBay, Backcountry, and Classic Shapewear. I personally have no problem spending $25-30 a pair because good fitting underwear is very important to me. Hopefully this helps and doesn’t make anyone more neurotic about underwear…not that I’d know what that’s like.

Saxx Men's Fiesta Boxer
Saxx Men's Fiesta Boxer
Price: $11.70 - $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Saxx for casual, everyday wear., May 16, 2015
This review is from: Saxx Men's Fiesta Boxer (Apparel)

Saxx Men's Pro Elite Boxer, Rock, Small
Saxx Men's Pro Elite Boxer, Rock, Small
Offered by MensUnderwearStore
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing. Life changing. The best all-purpose Saxx., May 16, 2015

Talkie Walkie
Talkie Walkie
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $8.71
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best discovery in years, June 20, 2005
This review is from: Talkie Walkie (Audio CD)
I was very surprised to find out that Talkie Walkie has the lowest rating on Amazon out of the few main Air albums. A lot of people seem to think that this isn't quite up to par with Moon Safari, 10,000 Hz or Premiers Symptomes. Air is the best discovery for me in years (I just about only listen to classical/opera), and Talkie Walkie is the only album of theirs that has kept me coming back for more and more.

I have listened to Premiers Symptomes, 10,000 Hz, and Moon Safari dozens of times each, but no other album can I listen to all the way through without the slightest desire to advance a single track. Every song gives me such pleasure in its own little way. I had to be very careful when I was first getting into the album because I was afraid I was going to burn myself out on it, which has happened before. But no matter how much I listen, I will never get tired of it, and neither will you!

Das Lied Von Der Erde
Das Lied Von Der Erde
27 used & new from $2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars RICH, COLORFUL, POWERFUL, April 29, 2005
This review is from: Das Lied Von Der Erde (Audio CD)
The main Das Lied I had been listening to before hearing this recording is the one with Boulez and Vienna. While his orchestration is extremely tight (as always), I wasn't aware of what was missed in his recording until I heard Klemperer's. Wunderlich, especially, exhibits such a rich, full voice. I had never enjoyed the male pieces nearly as much as I do with Wunderlich. Ludwig seems to be at her prime, perfectly capturing the "natural" feeling intended for these pieces. Der Abschied is so overpowering and always leaves me speechless.

The sound quality is A+. Like many of EMI's Great Recordings from the 60s, it has an airy, yet full sound. Personally, I have begun to really prefer the early stereo recordings to newer ones, which, to me, seem to produce a less natural, more 'electronic' sound.

This would definitely be a first-choice recommendation for anyone looking to acquire a Das Lied. Definitely a must have.

Great Recordings of the Century - Sampler
Great Recordings of the Century - Sampler
26 used & new from $2.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, and so cheap!, March 16, 2005
In response to the reviewer below, yes, some of the recordings do not have the best sound quality. But that's not what this is about, it's about great recordings of the century.

There are two discs, each with about 18 tracks, averaging about 4 minutes each, of excerpts and individual movements of the some of the most famous of the 150 "GROCs."

In the booklet it has a few interesting (sometimes not that interesting) facts about each of the 150 performances.

If you don't mind excerpts of pieces or isolated movements, this would be a worthwhile purchase, especially for the bizarrely reasonable price.

Brahms: Solo Piano Works
Brahms: Solo Piano Works
Price: $30.58
41 used & new from $24.10

4.0 out of 5 stars A little rushed sometimes, but beautiful, February 3, 2005
To be honest, I can't really figure out how much I like Katchen's performance. It's hard to gauge because Brahms's piano music is inherently exceptional played by just about any performer.

I feel that the ballades, op. 10 are played way too fast (although I'm not exactly sure how close Katchen is to Brahms's tempi indications). I've heard them by several other performers and, being a Gould fan, would have to say that his slower interpretation really captures how beautiful the pieces are more than anyone else. I also enjoy Kempff's performances of many later works. Katchen really seems so rushed for some reason. To me, that really takes attention away from the fine details, which I think are so essential to Brahms's piano music. He's not quite delicate enough with some of the pieces.

This faster speed is only very slight for the rest of the set, but pretty consistently. I think he does a better job with more intense pieces like many of his larger-scale variations and the sonatas. Those I would give 5 stars, but only 4 stars for the op. 116-119, for they're a little too fast.

My only other qualm is the arrangement of the set. It would be nice to have all the sonatas together on a disc, 116-119 on a disc, etc., going along with the whole chronological thing..

However, all these things are personal preference. I would definitely recommend this set. It's made up about 1/2 of my music listening for the past couple months. It's not expensive at all for what you're getting, and if you get just one Brahms piano cd, you're going to want to get more, so you should just get it over with and have this whole set, it's fabulous music. Just keep in mind that this is not the only interpretation that should be considered.

Sibelius: Violin Concerto / Bruch: Scottish Fantasy
Sibelius: Violin Concerto / Bruch: Scottish Fantasy
Price: $8.97
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Unreal, April 18, 2003
I saw Midori live at the Philadelphia Orchestra about a month ago perform Sibelius' violin concerto. I think i held my breath the whole piece. She is unbelievable. This recording of Sibelius is about the 5th that I've heard and Midori's is without a doubt the best. The peaks of the piece sound like silk and send shivers down my spine. If you like the Sibelius VC, this is the one to have. Bruch's is nice too...