Profile for WT > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WT RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Britax Baby Carrier, Organic Tan
Britax Baby Carrier, Organic Tan
Price: $74.99
15 used & new from $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but I can't recommend it, November 25, 2014
This is the one Britax product that we purchased that I wasn't 100% satisfied with. It's ok and seems to hold the infant safely and comfortably but I would have liked to have had separate adjustments for the shoulder straps and how closely the baby is held against the parent's chest. On this carrier it's a single adjustment for both and it felt like I couldn't quite get the straps tight enough for myself without feeling like my son was going to get the air squeezed out of his lungs, so it never felt like if fit me right. That said, it worked when we used it but I think the design could be improved.

Britax B-Ready Stroller, Navy Blue
Britax B-Ready Stroller, Navy Blue
Price: $399.00
13 used & new from $369.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller, November 25, 2014
I've been generally impressed with Britax quality and this stroller did not disappoint. Very nice stroller, solid build quality, smooth ride, and collapses down to a surprisingly compact size. It's on the bigger side, and heavier than most strollers but for comfort and ease of use I really like this stroller. I'd recommend getting a smaller, more portable stroller for traveling but for daily use this one is hard to beat, especially for the price. I think I got it on sale for about $270 but would still recommend it at $350. I also like the additional seat that can be added for a second child, which was one of the main reasons I decided on the B-Ready. Once you have a baby, you start noticing other strollers (Yeah, it's kind of strange...) and this is the nicest one that I have seen. Would definitely purchase this model if I had to do it all over again.

WubbaNub Brown Monkey
WubbaNub Brown Monkey
Offered by Imaginary Kids
Price: $12.95
26 used & new from $9.64

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved his Brown Monkey pacifier, November 25, 2014
We purchased this pacifier and the Brown Puppy pacifier for my son, along with other plain Phillips Avent Soothie pacifiers. The WubbaNubs were by far my son's favorites, especially the Puppy (he even had a name for it), but that was probably because it was the first one we bought for him. Infants look really cute sucking on these pacifiers and you will get a lot of comments. We live overseas so you don't see these around here and we got asked many times where we bought them. Before buying this item, I wasn't sure if it would be worth the extra money for these pacifiers vs. the plain Avent Soothies but I think it is well worth the extra money. Even though these are easier to keep track of than plain pacifiers, we ended up losing a couple of them and replaced them, and some of the plain pacifiers, with the Brown Monkey, another Brown Puppy, and the Turtle. We purchased others as gifts and have heard nothing but positive things. One other note....when we weened our son off of his pacifiers, we got him a blanket with a monkey head attached to it (it's cuter than it sounds) to replace his Monkey pacifier. Did going from the Monkey pacifier to the Monkey blanket make that transition easier? I don't know...it seemed to us like it did but it's just a single data point.

WubbaNub Brown Puppy
WubbaNub Brown Puppy
Offered by BabyHaven
Price: $12.95
23 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved his Brown Puppy pacifier, November 25, 2014
We purchased this pacifier and the Brown Monkey pacifier for my son, along with other plain Phillips Avent Soothie pacifiers. The WubbaNubs were by far my son's favorites, especially the Puppy (he even had a name for it), but that was probably because it was the first one we bought for him. Infants look really cute sucking on these pacifiers and you will get a lot of comments. We live overseas so you don't see these around here and we got asked many times where we bought them. Before buying this item, I wasn't sure if it would be worth the extra money for these pacifiers vs. the plain Avent Soothies but I think it is well worth the extra money. Even though these are easier to keep track of than plain pacifiers, we ended up losing a couple of them and replaced them, and some of the plain pacifiers, with the Brown Monkey, another Brown Puppy, and the Turtle. We purchased others as gifts and have heard nothing but positive things.

Boy and Bot
Boy and Bot
by Ame Dyckman
Price: $12.79
101 used & new from $4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my son's favorite books, November 25, 2014
This review is from: Boy and Bot (Hardcover)
One of my son's favorite books. It's in tatters now due to gross misuse, but we read it almost every night until he was about 20 months old. It would be nice if this book were offered in a board book format to withstand the destructive force of an enthusiastic toddler.

Omaha Steaks Steak Time
Omaha Steaks Steak Time
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 25, 2014
This review is from: Omaha Steaks Steak Time (App)
Best free app I've found for cooking the perfect steak!

Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five
Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, November 24, 2014
If you are confused by the many books, websites and blogs filled with anecdotal evidence, half truths, corner cases, etc, written by "doctors" or "experts" with dubious qualifications (just because you had kids doesn't make you an expert) then I recommend this book. The author is a developmental molecular biologist and his conclusions are supported by referenced studies published in refereed literature with results that have been replicated. Where they are not, the author calls them out as such. The book also highlighted some key areas that I need to work on and I am trying to change my behavior as a result.

Oakwood Leather Conditioner - 4.2 oz Tube
Oakwood Leather Conditioner - 4.2 oz Tube
Offered by KV Pet
Price: $10.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 29, 2012
I've used this on my dark coffee brown Saddleback Leather briefcase and the results were great. With a lot of buffing the briefcase came out looking nice and polished with no scratches and the leather took on a more supple quality. I've used the Chamberlain's leather milk Saddleback sells on their website but I much prefer Oakwood.

5 Clear LCD Screen Protector for Samsung© Galaxy Note N7000 i9220
5 Clear LCD Screen Protector for Samsung© Galaxy Note N7000 i9220
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $1.69
12 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, August 29, 2012
It's cheap in price and quality. The film scratches easily so if you're the type of person that would be bothered by this, look elsewhere. I'm not a fan of the $20 screen protectors but I'd pay a few more dollars so that I don't have to look at my phone through a bunch of scratches. I still have 4 unused screen protectors but it only takes a couple of weeks for scratches to accumulate to the point of being bothersome. On a positive note, it does fit the international version of the Note well. My advice, spend a bit more and get a better quality screen protector.

Allen Edmonds Men's New Orleans Oxford,Walnut/Weave,8.5 D US
Allen Edmonds Men's New Orleans Oxford,Walnut/Weave,8.5 D US
Offered by Shoe Mart Inc
Price: $254.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes, August 29, 2012
Beautiful shoes with quality that is apparent. The shoes feel a tiny bit narrow out of the box but I expect the fit to be spot on after they break in. The actual color is a little darker and richer than in the picture on amazon. The photo on the Nordstrom website will give you a better idea of the actual color. I'd buy these shoes without hesitation at the regular retail price but the price I paid on amazon is about $100 less than the price on the Nordstrom and Allen Edmonds websites. Easy decision to buy these great shoes at a fantastic price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2013 10:01 PM PDT