Profile for Zora C. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 101

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zora C. "Zee Cee" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
NEEWER® White Mini Digital LCD Kitchen Cooking Countdown Timer
NEEWER® White Mini Digital LCD Kitchen Cooking Countdown Timer
Offered by New Harbor
Price: $0.61
13 used & new from $0.61

5.0 out of 5 stars for the price, how can you go wrong?, May 25, 2014
Seriously, even if you hated it, for the price it is, you wouldn't be angry at wasting that money.

But this thing is so freakin' cool. When I first got it, I kept showing people the back, how one little plastic device, a hinge, and a bit of extra metal makes the thing work as a magnet, a clip-onto-shirt thing, or able to sit up on the table (a bit wobbly in that case, but still). Genius engineering, that. I use it for cooking, for timing the boring bits of my guitar practice, and for reminding myself that it's time to quit farting around on line and do something useful.

Mel Bay Celtic Tunes for Recorder
Mel Bay Celtic Tunes for Recorder
by Marcia Diehl
Price: $8.79
44 used & new from $4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but..., May 25, 2014
I wasn't enthralled by any of the songs. I like Celtic music, but I really wasn't wowed by this selection. The printing is good, the intro is clear, and there's nothing wrong with this...except for the music.

Techniques of the Selling Writer
Techniques of the Selling Writer
by Dwight V. Swain
Price: $20.03
61 used & new from $11.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great book, May 25, 2014
This book is older than some people who will buy it, but it's still full of good information on structure. After years of writing and being traditionally published, I'll still flip it open randomly and get inspiration for a way to improve a current project.

Now, it is dated. There's a good deal of (not ill-willed, I think) sexism. The pulps are dead. And there's a hysterical moment in the book where he mentions that it would take a computer with X number of tubes (tubes!) "the size of the universe" to beat a human at chess. Life has changed in the 50 years since Swain wrote this, but you know, a well-plotted novel really hasn't.

Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator
Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator
Price: $21.98
24 used & new from $19.69

5.0 out of 5 stars really neat looking, May 25, 2014
I live full-time in a small RV, sometimes dry camping/boondocking for months, and as I like to conserve the battery power I get from solar (particularly on cloudy days), this has been a great buy for me. It also looks great! Just remember, drip coffee will sift through the filter of a perk maker, so you should grind your own larger bits at the store.

200 EAST INDIA C. flexuosus ~ LEMON GRASS LEMONGRASS SEEDS ~Used fresh or dried
200 EAST INDIA C. flexuosus ~ LEMON GRASS LEMONGRASS SEEDS ~Used fresh or dried
Offered by MySeeds.Co
Price: $5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars as others have said, doesn't work, May 25, 2014
I got one of these seeds to sprout by putting it in to the dark and waiting 21 days, but it died from damping-off disease anyway. The rest did not sprout, inside or out in the sun. Buy a start or a plant at your garden center instead.

Snark SN-5 Tuner for Guitar, Bass and Violin
Snark SN-5 Tuner for Guitar, Bass and Violin
Price: $10.03
48 used & new from $5.79

4.0 out of 5 stars not as great as my red snark, but fine, May 25, 2014
It's a snark. Snarks are cool. Snarks even have a cool name. I'm going to name my next kid Snark.

West Bend 2 Lb. Breadmaker
West Bend 2 Lb. Breadmaker
Offered by BinkieMelane
Price: $189.59
5 used & new from $60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I mostly use it for dough, now, May 25, 2014
While this is a touch noisier than I'd like it to be, it works well. I couldn't make un-crumbly bread loaves, and I never did figure out how to slice the odd-shaped loaf sensibly, but I do like it for dough. I use 75% whole wheat dough every time, so I often set flour and liquid (water, canned milk, juice for sweet breads) to soak overnight (which does really improve rising), run it on mix for a few minutes, unplug it to reset it, and let it sit overnight. I then plug it in in the morning on 8 (dough cycle), let it finish the cycle, take it out, shape it or freeze it (yummy pizzas are easy with this dough), and let it rise again before baking.

The other shortcoming of this particular brand is that there's no pause button. You have learn the timing of the cycles if you want to remove the dough to do something fancy right before baking in the machine, as the book that comes with it doesn't detail the minutes in each stage of the cycle. But I got it very cheaply, in the month before Christmas (when these seem to be cheapest), and I don't regret it. I make all my own bread and I was darned tired of kneading.

Hint: you really need to freeze grated (or better, diced) cheese for cheese bread and add it as late as you can in the final mix cycle.

Sawyer Products SP128 Mini Water Filtration System
Sawyer Products SP128 Mini Water Filtration System
Price: $18.97
20 used & new from $17.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine sucks (in the best sense of the term), May 25, 2014
A number of negative reviews here say the person couldn't draw water through it, even tap water at home in a non-survival test. Mine works like a dream. It's small enough to be worth the space it takes up in a survival/bug-out kit. May I never have to stick it into a murky pond to drink enough to survive, but I trust that I could. For anyone living in a disaster-prone area (hurricane or earthquake zones, for instance) or who, like me, hikes a lot, this is a good product to have.

TOMTOP Flint Fire Starter Whistle Compass Saw Ruler Outdoor Survival Kit
TOMTOP Flint Fire Starter Whistle Compass Saw Ruler Outdoor Survival Kit
Offered by Docooler
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd hate to rely on the whistle, May 25, 2014
Look, for the price, I shouldn't complain. The compass works well enough, the ruler is an odd addition, I started a spark with it, but the whistle doesn't work. For the price and size, though, it's a good addition to my hiking/bug-out pack.

2 Pcs Outdoor Air Travel Sleep Sleeping Rest Sweet Dreams Comfort Eye Mask Shades Blindfold
Offered by HenWah
Price: $1.79
19 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, May 25, 2014
Works at least as well as masks ten times the price. Comfortable, easy to use, stores in no space at all. Don't pay more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11