Profile for Joshua R. Clodfelter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joshua R. Clodfelter "Josh" RSS Feed (Danville, IL)

Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition
Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition
Offered by RushHourWholesalers
Price: $62.95
25 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite game of the series yet, but not without its setbacks, March 27, 2014
Lets start with why i love this game

Amazing graphics, Physics engine is better than ever, great list of cars and perfectly rendered tracks. Seems like i always find something new to get addicted to, started with the career, then mp racing, then drifting, drag, tag, now ive been tuning, painting and running rivals events.

Now on to the cons

The menu system is the worst in the series, its not gran turismo 5 bad, but its bad. the layout doesnt make sense, tunes, paint are hard to find, cars arent seperated by manufacturer so you scroll forever when your going through your list of cars or buying one. Also when you buy a car you no longer are shown what cars you already own, so time wasted scrolling forever through your garage to make sure you didnt already buy said car.

Although as i said in my likes the cars and tracks are great, there are much fewer of both than we had in previous forzas, the cars dont really bother me as I have plenty of cars to play around with, but tracks to feel a little more repetitive now that there are fewer.(on the plus side they have added a track to the game for free with an update and hopefully will continue to do so)

I didn't own the game at release so i cant speak to the economy problems people didn't like, but since the update money seems to be plentiful and i haven't felt like ive had to grind to buy cars i want. seems to be a pretty good balance, however, I don't like the constant "spend real money" that's in my face all the time,

No Storefront, No car clubs, No gifting cars, No selling cars, No selling designs, No selling tunes. All this seems to solidify the fact they were pushing hard to get you to spend money beyond the initial purchase. Really no reason they couldnt have easily implemented these features.

I should note, that you can make money sharing designs and tunes, but many people have to download and use your content for you to get anything(aka if your a novice you'll likely get nothing ever) and if your one of the crazy good people, the most you can get is something like 20k a day. I'm not sure how this system can make anyone happy.

Overall Id still highly recommend this game because of how great it is at its core, even if it is somewhat stripped down. Hopefully the community outcry will get us most if not all of our beloved features back for 6. I'm still giving this game a 5 star as its gave me many fun hours of playtime and being that its the first forza this gen, it was bound to be a little rough around the edges.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Playstation 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Playstation 3
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $18.95
134 used & new from $8.84

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a letdown, April 12, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
After reading reviews from critics and gamers alike, I feel i was misled. I loved 13, and held off for a lower price after hearing the story wasnt great. The story was pretty ridiculous imho, the redeeming part was checking out diff endings(most of which sucked). I dont mind open ended games, bad/good endings, but they hit you with a ...to be continued(from your wallet later on with dlc or another game that will prob crap all over everything you did in previous games like 13-2 does to 13. Having only 2 (boring)charachters is really lame, the third slot filled monsters you collect through the game. The monster collecting can be somewhat fun for a while, but gets old and leaves you wishing you could at least have a 3rd character. The battle system is mostly the same as 13 with some good minor tweaks, but feels less deep than 13. 99% of the time youll just rav/com enemies to death, synergists have been neutered(no haste and you are required to use a monster for en-type skills. Pardigm/class choices are further restricted thanks to monster only having the ability for one role, and only being allowed to use 3 in a battle. 1 other complaint is certain places such as collisium/casino feel purposfully neutered to sell you dlc.(you couldnt give me 1 fight in the collisium.) This game is also much shorter than 13, not sure on the hour count for the main storyline as I did all the sidequests as they became available. I take my time playing these games and logged about 150 hrs on 13 and about half that on 13-2.

Now on to the good, The game kept me entertained enough to 100% it, so there was fun to be had for me. Being able to do many sidequests before finishing the game was a welcome improvement for me compared to 13. Some of the side quests mixed it up with puzzles/gambling. Chocobo racing was pretty neat, but having to sit at a slot machine for hours to complete a sidequest wasnt fun at all. those who complained about 13 being linear shouldnt have a problem here, thanks to the nice transport system implemented in this game, you can pretty much go where you wanna go, when you want to. Those who hated the grinding that 13 required to 100% will be happy to know that little grinding is required here. Im not a fan of dlc, but there is plenty of dlc costumes/casino ad on/weapons/bossbattles to keep you entertained if your so inclined. AT 20 or 30 bucks id say its worth a buy if you enjoyed 13 battle system. Just dont expect Final Fantasy quality story telling like we use to get in the days of old.

Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points [Online Game Code]
Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to get points, March 16, 2012
Saved a buck and had my code within minutes without having to leave my living room or give microsoft my credit card.

Xbox 360 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Bundle
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Bundle
Offered by CyberToyShop
Price: $389.94
57 used & new from $115.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great console, controllers, and mediocre game, March 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ive had a 360 since early 06, Ive had 2 Red ring(the launch console lasted about 4 or 5 years, the replacement only 1-2 years. I purchased a slim with kinect when that was launched. (kinect is great BTW, but ill save that for another review) The slim seems way better built, and it deff pushes more heat out of the big fan on top than the old models. I ended up selling that slim to buy this console bundle, as my controller was worn out, I was going to purchase this game anyway, and I really liked the aesthetics.

First off, the console and controller look better than pictures do them justice. The Modern Warfare sounds when you press the power button or eject the cd tray are also a nice touch. These Controllers(you get 2) feature the transforming d-pad and is slightly better than the old xbox controller d-pads, but still garbage.(if you dont play fighting games though, you likely deal with it ok.) These controllers have a new joystick design, which I really prefer, instead of the four "nobies" on top for grip, the center is more recessed. It might not sound worth noting, but for me its more comfortable and I have an easier time making precise movements. It comes with a standard black wired headset(garbage). If your going to play online alot, you going to want a better quality headset.(Turtle beaches are very nice although a little pricey). You also get the biggest hard drive Microsoft offers at the moment.

Now, for the game. Ive played all the Cod's since the beginning, and this is the first time my expectations were not met by one of there games. The Bread and Butter of the series, the multiplayer, has been ruined by terrible maps.(ive not tried any newer dlc maps, as im not about to spend any more money on it to find out.) Everyone uses the same few cheap guns as your absolutly screwing yourself using anything but close range weapons. You can quick-scope(which they have made ridiculously easy), but I was 10 a very long time ago. In short, have fun geting endlessly camped and hack/cheated by the 10 year olds this game seems to cater to. The single player is what you expect, only even shorter than ever. On easy its about a 4 hour ordeal. Its seems to have lost the wow factor for me also.(not sure if its just the been there done that, or if its just not quite on the level of its predecessors.) Spec ops is back and a fun option when you want to play some coop with a friend along with a new survival mode which I found very fun, but gets old rather quickly. Ive got about a day and a half worth of playingtime out if this title(most of that survival mode). Prob more of a rent than a buy, but its a decent game.

I now own a Ps3, the xbox is still my favorite system, This is the deal to jump on. i bought it on release day for 400 which I thought was a pretty good deal, at 350 its a steal.

Things to think about if trying to decide which system to get

Playstation online is free(xbox if you look for deals is 30-40 a year) I prefer xbox online abilities even though it cost me money.
I prefer xbox controller for everything except fighting games, if you can see which is more comfortable for you.
Look to see which one offers more exclusives your interested in. Ps3 seems to have more quality exclusives to choose from, but I do love Forza.

PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle
PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle
Offered by Delaware
Price: $399.99
24 used & new from $134.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Console, No regrets. Even better Game., March 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
To start this review, Ill say im 27 and have been gaming since atari. I have played or owned almost all systems since. Loved the ps1 and liked my ps2, but after trying out an xbox and Halo I was hooked and ended up selling the ps2 and buying a Xbox. I ended up prefering that style controller of the ps style but was on the fence between 360 and ps3, and in the end the 600 dollar price tag ended up talking me into the 360. I love my 360 and the controller I liked on the original is now Perfect(my opinion).

Flash forward to 2012, The Ps3 at 300 bucks with this game thats supposed to be amazing and a 320gb hard drive. In the End, all these exclusives ive missed out on, i pull the trigger and as i said in the title no regrets. Uncharted is every bit as amazing as i was told(almost through the third one now, bought the double pack 1 and 2 so I could experience it from the beggining.) Ive got Metal gear solid 4 on the way, enjoyed those games in the past. The blu-ray player was a big selling factor for me also, as I finnaly decided it was time for one and my dvd player was worn out anyway. The Ps3 has tooken over all movie duties now, and its performed very well for this also.

To sum it up, this is deff the deal to jump on if your looking for a ps3, you cant go wrong with Ps3 or Xbox.(and if you can afford it, I recommend both.) Ill now sum up some possitives and negatives ive experienced with both systems and/or opinions.

Ps3

Pros

Free online
Looks to be a bigger selection of great exclusives than the Xbox
Blu-ray
controller is way better for fighting games due to xbox garbage dpad
Web browser
Hard drive options
better hardware support such as logitech wheels
It doesnt affect me as I use the pay for xbox live to play with my friends already, but I think its bs Microsoft expects people to pay for live memberships if all there interested in is say netflix or the like. If your someone with no interest in online gaming, but wants to use netflix and other apps the ps3 is deff a way better buy for you.

Cons
Uncharted 1 didnt run as smoothly as expected, minor hang ups, HD was noisy the whole time and 1 total freeze. 2 and 3 ran perfect.
controller doesnt feel anywhere near as nice as xbox for fps
Even though the online is free, I prefer xbox dashboard, online setup, and most importantly for me(as I only play online to play with my close friends) Party chat over playstations setup.
really wish i could save my games to the hard drive to avoid wear and tear on the ps3 as i do on my xbox, some games require that you do, so theres a long install process before you can even play the game.
If you dont have the very fast Internet, you will also prob be frustrated with many updates you will do, Updates are generally much bigger file sizes on the ps3 over the xbox.

Now if everyone could just stop complaining about which system is better and enjoy playing games, we'd be golden.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2012 1:24 PM PDT

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360
Offered by Treasure Vault
Price: $11.70
759 used & new from $3.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, January 10, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
To sum this game up in a few words, "not much new to see here." This is an at most 30 dollar game(prob better off as a rent), and thats assuming you like playing the campaign/spec ops.

Campaign 4/5- Was nice to see the story come to an end, kinda a mixed bag, alot felt been/here done that, while there did seem to be just enough interesting things throughout the story to keep it interesting. This is very short lived however, as eas can be beat in 4 hours, and youd be lucky to squeeze 10 hours out of a veteran play through(took me 8 taking my time).

Spec ops-5/5 Has the missions just like MW2 had, I personally enjoy these quite a bit. If you didnt like these on MW2 though, youre not going to like them here either. There are only about half as many of these as on MW2, but they added a survival mode which i found quite addicting, and where ive got 80% of my playing time invested. Not having the ability to play with 4 people here is really frustrating.

Multiplayer-1/5 The reason you prob want this game, and this game delivers..............the worst experience yet. Its all the things that killed mw2 noob tubing, overpowered guns, ridiculous perks and maps that could make a Monk Swear. If you like camping and/or fighting every battle at knive distance then youll love the maps. Its really to bad 2, because the killstreak setup is a neat addition and the weapon unlock system is interesting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2012 11:39 AM PDT

Mayhew Pro 28630 Rigiflex Hose Clamp Plier
Mayhew Pro 28630 Rigiflex Hose Clamp Plier
Price: $96.91
13 used & new from $91.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 7, 2010
As good as it gets as far as hose clamp pliers go, the positionable cable is really nice. Its only downfall i think is that it is pricey and probably not worth it unless you will be using it on a daily basis like i do.

GearWrench 85099 16 Piece Metric XL Ratcheting Combination Wrench Set
GearWrench 85099 16 Piece Metric XL Ratcheting Combination Wrench Set
Price: $176.56
17 used & new from $161.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wrench set out there., March 7, 2010
Bought these with the expectation of only using them on rare occasions. It has become unlikely for me to not use them each and every day, multiple times a day. By far the best investment i have made on a tool. I have used cheater pipes multiple times on thes wrenches to break nuts free and still have not broke one, and the ratcheting mechanisms still work perfect. Anytime im working with something where a ratchet just wont fit, these are my go to tools. Handles are also pretty comfortable. if your looking for a nice set of metric wrenches at a good price look no further.