Profile for Doodlebob > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Doodlebob RSS Feed

YAMA 8 Cup Vacuum Pot Coffee Brewer - Coffee Siphon
YAMA 8 Cup Vacuum Pot Coffee Brewer - Coffee Siphon

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good., March 13, 2013
Works pretty well. Coffee tastes great. I am sure I will break the glass stem eventually though, as I always hit the side of the pot taking the top off. My 7 year old loves to watch it.

Hario MCPN-14B Water Brew Coffee Pot, 1000ml, Black
Hario MCPN-14B Water Brew Coffee Pot, 1000ml, Black
Price: $19.71
66 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting cold-brew, March 13, 2013
This has made some of the best coffee I've ever had. My only complaint with it is that you can't simply fill it up and put the coffee and filter into the water, if you do the coffee won't soak all the way through and it will come out weak. The first time I tried this using that method, and the next day when I went to dump the grounds, they were totally dry inside. The water had only penetrated about 1/4" into the coffee (after 24 hours). Since then I fill the basket up all the way, and slowly pour water through the grounds. It filters through very slowly, which makes it somewhat tedious, but the coffee comes out delicious. Next batch of coffee I pick up I will try a coarser grind.

MobC Galaxy Note 2 / N7100 Screen Protector HD Film - Oil Resistant Japanese Film - Retail Packaging - Fine Oleophobic [2-Pack]
Offered by CITIEMOBILE
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 13, 2013
Excellent product. Went on perfectly, first try. Totally clear, and seems really scratch resistant after about a month. At first it seemed to have a bit of friction, especially with the S-pen, but after a few days it was gone. I haven't used screen protectors for a few years because they were so difficult to get on right. The large size of my Note 2's screen (and it's beauty) made me worry what the random debris in my pockets might do to it, so i gave these a try because they were very reasonably priced...I am glad I did.

TaoTronics® TT-SL007 Waterproof RGB LED Strip Light Kit (16.4 feet, 300 LEDs, 5050 SMD, 44-key Remote Controller, 72w Power Supply)
Price: $37.33
3 used & new from $34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars If at first you don't succeed..., February 13, 2013
Well, when these LEDs came in I opened them up and plugged them in to test them. Ran through a few of the patterns, a couple of colors, turned them off and set them on my desk. Awhile later I turned them on again, but nothing would work. They were stuck on one solid color, and the remote wouldn't work at all. Changed the battery in it and unplugged it a few times with no success. Either the remote or the controller is defective. Amazon customer service was great. I wanted a replacement, but they only do refunds for the seller, so they gave me an instant refund and free next day shipping on a replacement. I will update this review when it comes in.

Update: I got the new unit in, and so far it works perfectly. The LED's are very bright and the colors vivid. These will work great in my project. Thanks to amazon for the excellent customer service with my return!

Logitech G9X Gaming Mouse Call of Duty: MW3 Edition
Logitech G9X Gaming Mouse Call of Duty: MW3 Edition
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $239.99
2 used & new from $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, December 19, 2012
This is a great mouse. I'm not crazy about the MW3 branding, but at half the price of the "regular" model (~$45) I will live with it.

Mini iMito MX1 Android 4.1 Jenny Bean Google TV Box HD IPTV Player PC Rockchip RK3066 1G DDR3 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 (Silver)

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged Goods, December 19, 2012
When this arrived the box was partially crushed (not the shipping container from amazon, the product box) It was held closed by a rubber band. Inside the plastic bag that held the cables was cut open, so I suspect that it had been returned before and resold. This thing worked for about 10 minutes after hooking it up. The first issue was it wouldn't hook up to my wifi. I was going to try different settings, but then the power started randomly going on and off. After playing with it for a few minutes and discovering that the power would cycle by jiggling the cord (loose usb port assume), the screen went black. I unplugged it and tried the little reset switch with no effect. Returned it for a refund. I would have exchanged it for a new one, but that wasn't an option from this seller. I think I will wait awhile before trying another one of these, let the bugs get worked out.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 6:28 PM PST