Profile for Helen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Helen RSS Feed

Lincoln
Lincoln
DVD ~ Daniel Day-Lewis
Price: $11.99
86 used & new from $2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Mostly wonderful, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Lincoln (DVD)
I thought that this movie was mostly wonderful and I will start with my negative thoughts and then move on to the positive.

Negatives:
Is boring and slow at some parts.
For me, personally, there wasn't enough Robert Lincoln or Mary Lincoln

Positives:
Daniel Day Lewis is the greatest actor alive and truly immerses himself into the character.
Sally Field was good, a little too hysterical for me at some points, but good nonetheless
Joseph Gordon Levitt, James Spader, Lee Pace, and Tommy Lee Jones were all phenomenal in this film, I was especially happy to see John Hawkes in this movie.
Music, oh my god the music really added to the mood of the movie and that opening scene at the soldier camp and the soldiers reciting the Gettysburg Address, almost my favorite scene yet.
James Spader as Bilbo was hilarious and added some comic relief to the serious subject
The House scenes were dramatic and action packed, I even got scared for a moment that the amendment wouldn't pass.
Again, Daniel Day Lewis as LIncoln was perfection in every way; the voice, the humor, the father, and the down to earth quality that gives us a glimpse into the life of our 16th president.

great great great GREAT film.