Profile for Jill Mcquown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jill Mcquown RSS Feed (South Carolina)

Page: 1 | 2
Ecotones Sound + Sleep Machine, Model ASM1002
Ecotones Sound + Sleep Machine, Model ASM1002
Price: $93.83
12 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Sounds, May 31, 2012
No offense to Simon & Garfunkle, but nothing disturbs my sleep more than the sound of silence. This sound/sleep machine is great. And they really stand by their product.

Low-Cholesterol Cookbook For Dummies
Low-Cholesterol Cookbook For Dummies
by Dr Sarah Brewer
Price: $13.16
121 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, September 17, 2011
This cookbook read more like a computer technical manual than a cookbook. I should know; I used to write computer technical manuals. This was less user friendly than something written by IBM.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars My Own Fault, June 3, 2011
It was my own fault. I took "pre-seasoned" at its face value. I should have seasoned it myself with shortening. I didn't this time and I regretted it. The cornbread stuck to the pan and could barely be coaxed out with a metal spatula. IF you buy this pan please, please, please don't take "seasoned" literally! I've been cooking with cast iron long enough to have known better. It's not the pans fault, it's the cook's fault. Season, season, season.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2012 10:04 PM PST

The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book: More than 400 Recipes from Appetizers to Desserts (Better Homes and Gardens Ultimate)
by Better Homes and Gardens
Price: $13.50
124 used & new from $0.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for a Friend, April 14, 2011
I bought this cook book for a friend who found cooking intimidating. He has a heart condition and was eating entirely too much junk food (fast food burgers, fried chicken, etc.). So I sent him a slow cooker and this cookbook. Now he's cooking fresh and healthy food at home thanks to this book. He had no idea you could do so much without a lot of fuss. It's a good cook book :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster!, April 14, 2011
Sometimes you just want toast :) This toaster is great. It has extra wide slots so you can toast bagels or large slices of homemade bread. I highly recommend this!

Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes from the Great Liner
Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes from the Great Liner
by Rick Archbold
104 used & new from $1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of History!, December 5, 2009
I've always been fascinated by the tragic ocean liner, Titanic. I was a child when I first saw the 1958 film 'A Night to Remember'. I'm also fascinated by cooking so this purchase was a no brainer :) It's a great book. (I believe I'd rather have eaten what was served in Third Class over what was served in First Class.) The seller shipped the book very promptly and it arrived in excellent condition.

2 Adhesive Bright White Silver LED Push Light
2 Adhesive Bright White Silver LED Push Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Lights!, November 30, 2009
These lights are exactly as the seller described - bright! I put them in my linen closet. Even on the sunniest of days I couldn't see in the linen closet because it's located in a very dark hallway. These lights help immensely.

Westinghouse 131202-78  2 Piece Del Mar Solar Lights Set, Remington Bronze
Westinghouse 131202-78 2 Piece Del Mar Solar Lights Set, Remington Bronze

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful lights!, August 10, 2009
These very attractive solar lights turn on at dusk, run for about 6 hours then turn themselves off. They are extremely bright, lighting the path from the front door and all down the driveway. I live in an area where there are no street lights; as you can imagine it's black as pitch after dark. I really like the fact they are solar powered. I inherited a house on an island where the salt air easily corroded the original outside electric landscape lighting as well as the wiring. I had to call an electrician to have the electric lights removed and the electrical wiring disconnected. I highly recommend these solar lights! As long as you get direct sunlight on them at least part of the day they will light up your nights! I've gotten lots of compliments from the neighbors about how pretty they are. And they're easy to mow around. Heck, if they get in the way you can just pull them up, mow that patch of grass, then stick them back in the ground. Easy to assemble, easy to deal with. And pretty!

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet: Music From The Motion Picture (1996 Version) [Enhanced CD]
Offered by POETS CORNER
Price: $15.99
488 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucked!, May 11, 2006
If anyone cares about Shakespeare at all, one will not appreciate Mercutio as a drag queen in a sequined mini-skirt and Leonardo DeCaprio as Romeo. Give me a break! I set the film out on top of the fence for the trash guys. They might have enjoyed watching it da 'hood but somehow I don't think they'd have liked it, either. Just makes good theatre get a bad name.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2012 6:08 AM PDT

Mirrors
Mirrors
6 used & new from $14.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Major WayBack Machine!, January 25, 2004
This review is from: Mirrors (Audio CD)
I absolutely loved this CD. Haven't heard any of Ms Oldfield's music since around 1980 but it sure took me back. Reminded me most definitely of "Water Bearer" which was given to me around 1979. Also reminded me of my first love, whom I am happy to say got in touch with me recently, 23 years later, and asked me whatever happened to that album. We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine :)
Jill