Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (USA)

Resident Aliens: Life in the Christian Colony (Expanded 25th Anniversary Edition)
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Some excellent concepts. My main reason for only 3 stars ..., October 23, 2014
Some excellent concepts. My main reason for only 3 stars is that the writing style is FAR more academic than I think is necessary. I'd recommend buying the Kindle version to make it easier to look up 5 syllable words...

Wild Tales: A Rock & Roll Life
Wild Tales: A Rock & Roll Life
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stories, December 7, 2013
Great stories from the 60s and 70s. What an incredible life. Nash is inspirational in terms of what can happen when a person has a passion in life.

The Four Steps to the Epiphany
The Four Steps to the Epiphany
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific insights, November 23, 2013
Incredibly insightful book! I have started 2 technology companies. Unfortunately, I have fallen into the Product Development trap far too many times over the years. The lessons in this book can save entrepreneurs costly lessons in both time and money.

Taking Over: Insider Tips from a Third-Generation CEO
Taking Over: Insider Tips from a Third-Generation CEO
by Mitchell Kaneff
Price: $21.95
22 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical advice based upon practical experience, March 19, 2011
I come from a family of entrepreneurs. My father ran his own wood working business. My step-father ran his own drug-store. I now have both a software company and a real-estate investment company. Kaneff's book identifies critical topics that anyone involved in a family business should have on their radar. What I found most valuable were the practical examples and anecdotes that were sprinkled throughout the book based upon Mr. Kaneff's personal experiences. Many of them made me realize that I have not given enough time and attention to some critical needs that could make or break a successful transition in my own business succession.

Just recently, my oldest daughter indicated that she might be interested in keeping our real-estate properties if something happened to both me and my wife. This book makes it very clear that I've not done nearly enough to prepare for such an event. In that spirit, I don't see the book being as valuable to the current CEO of the family as much as it will greatly benefit the next generation(s). If only we heed its excellent advice.

Stand by Her: A Breast Cancer Guide for Men
Stand by Her: A Breast Cancer Guide for Men
by John W. Anderson
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need to go it alone!, September 29, 2009
My wife, Brenda, was diagnosed with breast cancer this past year. I felt like I was hit by a truck. There are plenty of great books out there, such as Susan Love's Breast Book to help the general population understand what is happening. I don't know of ANY books like this one, which is written from the perspective of a man trying to cope with something we always think happens to someone else - not to me.

I pre-ordered this book as soon as I found out it was available on Amazon. It has been a HUGE help.

John Anderson has dealt with this dreaded disease from every angle you can imagine: from his mother to his sister to his wife. Just knowing there are guys out there like John that have gotten through it and are able to write a book to help others navigate through it is a big help in my opinion. Guys - like me - tend to pull back and go into the cave when these things happen. It was extremely helpful to have access to a book like this and remind myself that there are a lot of guys who've worked through it with their loved ones and come out stronger on the other side.

Knowledge is power - If you are struggling to understand what you can DO (very much a guy feeling), I'd recommend educating yourself with books like this one. Find others who've been through it and gird yourself for battle. The story of John's wife Sharon is amazing proof of how far we've come to beating this thing.

Licensing Intellectual Property: Legal, Business, and Market Dynamics (Intellectual Property Series)
by John W. Schlicher
17 used & new from $6.05

2.0 out of 5 stars VERY Academic, December 1, 2000
If you are doing a Phd dissertation on the topic of licensing intellectual property, this could be the right book for you. If you are looking for a practical, day-to-day overview of these concepts and how to leverage IP assets for your business, I would not recommend this book. I'm still looking!