Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (east coast usa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iGadgitz Black Leather Flip Case Cover for Sony Walkman NWZ-A15 A17 8GB 16GB with Detachable Carabiner + Belt Loop + Magnetic Closure + Screen Protector
Offered by igadgitz_usa
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It does its job, May 9, 2015
Glad to see somebody finally get an affordable case for the this player on the market. It looks and performs well.

New Design Ultimate Style Utility Belt Waist Bag/Fanny Pack by Marshal
New Design Ultimate Style Utility Belt Waist Bag/Fanny Pack by Marshal

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy. Do not buy., May 9, 2015
After less then 3 weeks of wearing this to work I noticed the seems were already beginning to split.

Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player (Silver)
Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player (Silver)
Price: $298.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good (and yes I actually have one, and use it), January 10, 2015
In my eternal quest for "my" perfect music player I have landed in Sony land. This player was Xmas gift from my wife to replace my Cowon D3 which fell short in so many ways I was tickled to be able to put it away for good. Like many I was wary of this player due to its lack of a touch screen but I have so far found navigating on this player to be a breeze. No matter if I'm browsing by artist or just in folder mode I can find anything I'm looking for in seconds, so if sacrificing a touch screen keeps the price down by a few bucks, so be it. As to sound quality...well Sony has been doing this for a long time and they know what they are doing. Pair this player up with a 20 dollar pair of earbuds and your music will come thru loud and clear. Speaking of earbuds, this is the first player I've ever bought that didnt come with a pair. Not even a cheap pair. 4 or 5 years ago I bought my wife an 8gb Walkman which came with some surprisingly good earbuds, so not to cool there Sony. Which brings us to memory, 64gb built in in micro SD card support which can boost this player to almost 200gb! In fact it was the lack on SD card support that caused me to pass over Sony in the past so this was a welcome development. My music library is large and ever growing so Memory, Memory, Memory! Being state of the art this little player can play pretty much any format of digital music you want to feed it. Luckily for me I'm more of a musicphile then an audiophile who can rarely tell much of a difference in different formats which means I can stick with basic MP3, MP4, WMA and the like and save on the memory and download 4 more albums this week. I've read some people complain this player seems "flimsy", well it is feather light thats true, which is great if your carrying it around work in your shirt pocket for hours (btw battery life is great too). I have ordered a silicone sleeve for it to help proctect it, which may make it seem a little less flimsy. Sadly there are no good proctective cases on the market for this unit yet, a nice leather flip case would be great. Hopefully somebody will get one out soon. As to operation and putting music on it, couldnt be easier, I'm a drag and drop man and unlike an Ipod this is all drag and dropy. I've havent really fooled with the MediaGo app yet, I dont really need it, I make my own playlist in folder form and drag and drop those suckers. Minor quibles so far....the hold button seems to get bumped in my pocket letting the player turn on, perhaps the sleeve will help with that. Also when the player is plugged in to my laptop the SD card does not show up, meaning I have to remove it and put it into the laptop seperately to access it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is 300 bucks a little pricey? Yes, but remember that the Pono player is 400 and looks like a damn brick.
So then after 3 weeks with this unit, I am happy and looking forward to many years of faithful service from it. Thanks for reading and I hope it helped you decide to give this unit a try. If I have problems down the road I will update this review.
Update: May 9th 2015. Still loving this player and I'm glad to say igaditz has finally came out with an affordable leather case for it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2015 7:36 PM PST

Dedication / on the Line
Dedication / on the Line
Price: $13.99
25 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Gary, Stevie and Bruce...., December 14, 2014
Gary U.S. Bonds as produced by Steve Van Zandt singing Springsteen. OK not all the songs on these 2 albums were written by Springsteen but many of them were and his presence here is undeniable. They are very reminiscent of the mid 70's albums Van Zandt produced for Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes which also featured unused Springsteen gems. These 2 CD's should satisfy fans of Bonds, Van Zandt and Bruce.

Early Seger Vol. 1
Early Seger Vol. 1
Price: $8.20
26 used & new from $2.24

4.0 out of 5 stars its time to open the vaults, December 14, 2014
This review is from: Early Seger Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
"what to leave in, what to leave out" Bob Seger's body of work is one of the worst managed in the the world of music. Early albums out of print and unused material never released. This single cd tries to address both these issues but barely manages to scratch the surface. It is well past time for a box set and can somebody tell me why he has only released 2 live albums? Come on Bob open the vaults.

Hypnotic Eye
Hypnotic Eye
Price: $13.99
86 used & new from $6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Mr Petty...., December 14, 2014
This review is from: Hypnotic Eye (Audio CD)
for a fine collection of songs. Really reminds me of the classic Heartbreaker albums of the late 70's and early 80's. Don't pass it by if your a fan of TP& the HB's.

Plain Spoken
Plain Spoken
Price: $11.88
75 used & new from $5.48

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like this album...., December 14, 2014
This review is from: Plain Spoken (Audio CD)
I really did. So much so that I ordered it without listening to any samples as I had read someplace some months ago that JM was working on a new "rock music" album. If he was this is not it. While his song writing is insightful and well phrased as always the music here does nothing to lift the songs. Musically this album is just boring and JM voice is starting to show the effects of to many years of heavy smoking. Not a terrible album, but not as good as he is capable of.

This is M.E.
This is M.E.
Price: $10.00
38 used & new from $2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars ME continues to be shine, December 14, 2014
This review is from: This is M.E. (Audio CD)
The 11 songs on this CD are welcome additions to Melissa Etheridge's body of work. A fine stocking stuffer for anybody on your list who loves fine crafted R&B and soul influenced Rock and Roll.

Ride Out [Deluxe Edition]
Ride Out [Deluxe Edition]
Price: $11.99
55 used & new from $5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobs Swan Song?, December 14, 2014
Rumor has it that this will be Bob Segers final studio album of new music. I hope not but if so he is riding out in high style. The 13 tracks on this album are solid Seger and definitely worth the time and money. Bob has been one of American Rocks best and most distinctive voices for many years now and Ride Out continues that legacy. If your a Seger fan don't hesitate to pick this one up. I'm glad I did. Oh and Bob, if this is your last collection of new music, its time to start emptying out the vaults.

High Hopes (AMAZON BONUS LIMITED EDITION*)(CD/ DVD)
High Hopes (AMAZON BONUS LIMITED EDITION*)(CD/ DVD)
Offered by Hope's Store For Fun
Price: $59.99
24 used & new from $37.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been better as disc 1 of Tracks 2., February 8, 2014
Bruce Springsteen’s 18th studio album is not a powerhouse, nor is it a waste of time. In fact for most of his contemporaries it would probably be considered nearly a powerhouse but Bruce has raised the bar so high over the years its becoming harder and harder for him to reach his upper levels. This album consists of 3 covers, 1 earlier song only released in a live version, 1 song previously released in an acoustic studio version and 7 songs recorded for earlier albums but not used and released for the first time here. This album is also notable for being his first studio work with Tom Morello. What to say about Mr Morello? He is impressive but a little of him goes a long way and there is too much of him here. The decision to have him duet with Bruce on The Ghost of Tom Joad was not wise and his overall style does not mesh well with the E Street vibe. Of the covers Just Like Fire Would works the best here (I really don’t see this version of High Hopes as being better then the ’95 version) and while I can see why the previous album leftovers were not used none of them is an embarrassment, they just wouldn’t have fit (Harry’s Place in particular). The real problem with this CD is the songs just don’t complement each other in the way we’re used to his albums working. They seem thrown together and pushed out to give Bruce a reason to mount another tour (which he has). I have High Hopes that the next time Mr. Springsteen decides to empty out the vaults he will do it the right way with another Tracks set and not confuse the project with album making. *Note also included with this album was a DVD of Born In The USA being performed live in London in 2013. This is a solid addition and sounds great on my MP3 players after I did a rip of it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3