Profile for NVanPutt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 139

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NVanPutt RSS Feed (Kalamazoo MI)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Croscill Fabric Shower Curtain Liner, 70-inch by 72-inch, White
Croscill Fabric Shower Curtain Liner, 70-inch by 72-inch, White
Price: $10.99
6 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe As A Curtain, April 2, 2015
This liner grows mold. The fabric is too thick and does not repel water. I washed it once a week, soaked it in oxiclean and let it dry after every shower. The seam on the bottom still grew mold. I switched to a thinner liner that repels water.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2015 10:07 AM PDT

Maytex Fabric Shower Curtain Liner, Bone 70" x 72"
Maytex Fabric Shower Curtain Liner, Bone 70" x 72"
Price: $11.99
5 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin, But Mold Resistant Liner, April 2, 2015
This is a thin shower curtain liner that works great. Our other liner promised to be mold and mildew resistant, but it was a fancy thicker liner that grew mold in between the seams. I can wash this liner once a week and it stays perfectly clean. The water beads and falls right off.

Fruit of the Loom Women 2-Pack Ribbed Cotton Tank, Assorted, Small
Fruit of the Loom Women 2-Pack Ribbed Cotton Tank, Assorted, Small
Offered by Juvolicious
Price: $19.45
5 used & new from $7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cotton Layering Tank, March 24, 2015
Fruit of the Loom does not sell these tanks in stores any longer for some reason. The last set I bought were sized very oddly and fit way too big. These fit perfectly.

I need a size small and I need them to be long enough to tuck in. I wear them as a warmth layer, only because they are not substantial enough to be worn on their own.

The neck line is high and the shape of the straps is wide. The reason these are better then the last pack I purchased is because they are not loose, so they work great under multiple layers of clothes.

Spectrum Naturals Organic All Vegetable Shortening, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Spectrum Naturals Organic All Vegetable Shortening, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Offered by Susan's Bargain Place
Price: $38.06
4 used & new from $35.96

5.0 out of 5 stars FODMAPers Dream, December 24, 2014
Team VP are gluten free FODMAPers and lately when ever I offer to bring anything baked or cooked to a family gathering there is a long pause before the offer is accepted. It seems my family has decided that gluten free/vegan/dairy free/soy free food sucks. Our diet is tough. Slowly, however, Spectrum shortening has been helping me show my family that I too can bake and cook like I used to, even without the butter, soy and dairy. What my family doesn't know is that items from my kitchen are completely non-GMO, vegan, gluten free and they still taste good. I use Spectrum anyplace I would use butter. It is however not a straight replacement. One cup of butter is equal to 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of shortening. Almost a full cup, but I've found that especially in chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies, a one to one substitution, is just too much.

Theo Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, 2 Cups, 6 - 1.3 Oz
Theo Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, 2 Cups, 6 - 1.3 Oz
Offered by GROUNDS FOR TEA
Price: $15.98
6 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Skip Justin's - Buy Theo, December 5, 2014
While I completely appreciate that chocolate peanut butter cups are not the most healthy dietary decisions Team VP can make in a day, we have weaknesses too. As FODMAPers our diet is absolutely extreme and being that we are soy free, *mostly* dairy free, gluten free, GMO free, preservative free and all the rest, these peanut butter cups, astonishingly, fit in to our restrictions. Finding good chocolate and peanut butter that is soy free is like hitting the junk food lottery, so we keep a few packages in our freezer at all times. We call them leisure chocolates. If Theo ever stops making them, Team VP will revolt.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2015 2:02 PM PST

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 Display) Orange
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 Display) Orange
Price: $34.95
9 used & new from $20.00

2.0 out of 5 stars No Screen Protection, November 3, 2014
I suppose it is completely my fault for not researching this case more thoroughly, but I was tired and after spending hours trying to find an appropriate phone case I just wanted to place an order. This case came highly recommended for people who drop their phones and I am an epileptic, so I absolutely need that extra protection for my technology. Imagine my surprise when I opened the package and discovered there is no protection whatsoever for the screen. Now I appreciate the screens on the new iPhones are made of fancy glass that will withstand hurricane force winds, but I am more powerful than a hurricane, so I need screen protection. I'm really not sure why Otterbox cannot get organized and release their Defender case for the iPhone 6 plus. Anyhow, I ended up returning this case and buying a iPhone 6 Plus Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case 5.5 inch [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Cover with Built-in Screen Protector (Black/Black), Dual Layer + Impact Resistant Bumper [Not Fit...]

Nature's Path Organic Whole O's, Gluten Free Cereal, 11.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $22.92
13 used & new from $22.92

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Gluten Free Option, August 28, 2014
Being gluten free, soy free, dairy free is often times not as fun as it sounds, but there are products like Nature's Path that make it easier and tastier. This cereal option is not only healthy, but it's also good. We eat it as a snack, dry and also with milk substitute. It stays crunchy in almond milk and does not taste like the box it is delivered in. Although it does say it's processed in a facility that has soy, we have never had a problem.

These O's are certified gluten free and are dairy free. We buy the pack of 6 boxes, which saves us about $1.50 per box from the local supermarket.

NOW Foods Lavender Oil, 2 ounce
NOW Foods Lavender Oil, 2 ounce
Offered by XSNonline
Price: $13.99
39 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for natural skincare, July 31, 2014
My allergies prevent me from using normal skincare products, so I will often use lavender as a replacement for deodorant. It smells nice and it works as an antibacterial agent. This lavender in the large bottle will last me nearly 6 months or more and it smells amazing.

Rockport Men's Felson Oxford,Black,11.5 W US
Rockport Men's Felson Oxford,Black,11.5 W US

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Dress Shoes, July 31, 2014
Mr. MVP has really large, wide feet, so buying dress shoes can be a challenge. We do almost all of our shopping online, so trying shoes on is a thing of the past. We learned a few years ago that Rockport has a consistent size and fit that works. Not only are their shoes comfortable right out of the box, but they look good with his suits and his dress trousers and ties. He can wear them all day and not worry about smelly boy feet either. If they get wet or snowy, they are easily polished back to new.

Truly's Natural Deodorant, ORGANIC
Truly's Natural Deodorant, ORGANIC
Offered by Truly's Natural Products, LLC
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Deodorant For the Rest of Us, June 6, 2014
I have an incredibly irritating disease called Mast Cell Activation Disorder that is a super fancy way for my doctors to say that my body is allergic to everything. Of course, the crazy allergies are just one of the more annoying symptoms on a page nearly five inches long, but being allergic to things like household detergents, soaps, fabrics and skin care products is absolutely life altering. In my recent quest to find a completely natural deodorant I have tried everything from plain baking soda and water, to lavender oil, to a salt crystal, to pre-packaged "organic" deodorants and I was about to give up when I stumbled on Truly's. I ordered it only because they promised me my money back if it did not work.

Truly's is very much like a thick cream and is really simple to apply. The texture is very smooth. It's especially simple if you have tried all of the crazy alternatives. It does smell like coconuts, but the smell is not overwhelming. I use a tiny amount under each arm and have not had any reactions. I put it on after my shower in the morning and it lasts all day long. It is just like the supermarket brand deodorants that contain all the chemicals, except it doesn't make me sick - this stuff is really amazing!

For the first few days of wearing Truly's I was careful to check periodically for rashes, but so far my skin loves the stuff. The coconut smell does last through the entire day, but I suppose if I were wearing supermarket brands I would be dealing with baby powder or sporty cloud scent, so it could be a lot worse.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14