Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (California)

True Blood: Season 1 [HD]
True Blood: Season 1 [HD]
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars ICK. Too much bs. I read the books ..., August 19, 2014
ICK. Too much bs. I read the books but this one leaves a lot to be desired. Thinking the actors all need lessons.

My Five Wives Season 1
My Five Wives Season 1
Price: $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No love here..., August 4, 2014
Sorry - Hated it. As a reality show, however, it's basically wholesome.

As a product of the polygamist culture, I'm not a fan of watching the cult mentality as it starts to fall away and the emotional massacre it leaves in the wake. Not to mention the patriarchal influence still being very much present in this particular family in Brady's expectations and interacations as well as the remaining influences of the father figures alluded to throughout. This show does not feel like the women or the husband or children have "left". Encouraging the children to pursue their dreams, whatever they are, is a move in the right direction though.

It was incredibly depressing to me. The limited view and selfishness exibited by Brady to the wives, the wives' need to be self sacrificing in all areas to feel like they're adhering to the "good wife" theme that has defined them for so long. Rosemary is clearly being ignored by her husband and she keeps trying to convince herself it's not about her. This is also typical in the religion. I have heard it said that Utah has more eating disorders and plastic surgery than anywhere else in the USA. While I have not personally looked into this statistic to prove it true or false this need to be constantly attractive (socially speaking) and to behave as a good little wifey per the customs deeply ingrained in the religion is debilitating to those living it or that have lived it. It takes years of therapy remove some of those beliefs. Specifically, weight seems to be a serious taboo in the religion. Does the "religion" teach thinness? No! But in order to capture a returned missionary or to be desireable as a wife (even a plural one) a woman's value is based not so much on her holiness but her appearance.

It is possible that my experience may be colored by my previous interactions with Brady. When I knew him he seemed to have his head on a swivel and a staring problem particularly towards unmarried girls. He asserts in this series that he is full up with wives and not looking anymore.

FeetPeople Curly (or Twister) Shoelaces, Neon Green
FeetPeople Curly (or Twister) Shoelaces, Neon Green
Offered by FeetPeople
Price: $7.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste, August 4, 2014
Crap! They were so difficult to lace into the shoe. Then they were so hard to navigate that my son refused to wear the shoes for which these laces were purchased. Ended up removing laces entirely. Too cheap to return and so I sucked up the loss.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, August 4, 2014
I'm very sensitive to products and this one was perfect. Love the spf stick. :)

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Book 7)
Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Book 7)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Alpha & Omega is better, April 11, 2013
I got hooked on the Mercy Thompson series. Then I went to Alpha and Omega. I have been unhappy with the last A&O as well as this newest Mercy book. Seemed predictable and somewhat frivolous. Maybe I'm tired of the sameness in the Mercy books... HMMM. I guess I can't articulate it any better than that.

Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss & Love
Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss & Love
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring love, December 5, 2012
I bought this for myself and for a dear friend who'd recently lost his wife due to the birth of their daughter. The book helped me quite a bit in understanding how to best support my friend.

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega Book 1)
Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Patricia Briggs is amazing, December 5, 2012
I've read the Mercy Thompson series first and then I started on the Alpha and Omega series. I really didn't think I'd like the Alpha and Omega series as much as Mercy Thompson but I sure do! Can't wait for more!

Great Northern Popcorn, Organic, 5 Pound
Great Northern Popcorn, Organic, 5 Pound
Price: $21.95
7 used & new from $21.95

1.0 out of 5 stars EWWWW! Poor quality!, February 22, 2012
I pop popcorn several times per week. I've NEVER had such bad corn. This stuff popped about 1/2 of the kernals and it was small and lots of extra kernal debris. I'd try to return it if I wanted to work that hard instead I'll see if I can give it away to a co-worker or something.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2013 12:12 PM PDT

Agadir  Argan Oil Hair Treatment, 4-Ounce
Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment, 4-Ounce
Price: $15.79
59 used & new from $9.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Morrocan Oil is the BEST, February 22, 2012
I have purchased this product elsewhere. I bought 2 oz for $40 and on Amazon I got 4oz for $20 and it's the best for any and all hair types but I have weak / fine hair due to a thyroid condition. So, I mix this with Redken's blue bottle protein builder (can't think of the name) and it's miraculous stuff! :)

Manduka Wool Blanket (Dark Green)
Manduka Wool Blanket (Dark Green)
Offered by REPZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, February 22, 2012
Great product, washed up great - lots of lint coming off it though. This is so wonderful I won't take it to Yoga but actually use it in bed! I washed it in cold water and hung it to dry because it did have that smell others mentioned. But didn't shrink and has maintained its warmth and softness. :)