Profile for S. Goff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Goff RSS Feed

THORNE RESEARCH - Vitamin D/K2 Liquid - 1oz [Health and Beauty]
THORNE RESEARCH - Vitamin D/K2 Liquid - 1oz [Health and Beauty]
Offered by Pure ProHealth
Price: $22.80
49 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and it works!, January 21, 2013
I am here to buy my second bottle of this. Decided to start supplementing with D3 a few months ago after reading about the role of vitamin D in fertility (we are trying to conceive). I have been taking about 5000IU a day, and a blood test last week showed my levels to be at 65, which is quite good. Will continue to use this daily.

I also appreciate the value of this product - you would have to take a fistful of most vitamin D pills to get the same dose as just 10 drops of this, and 1 bottle will last you several months at that dosage, so it is quite economical. And the addition of K2 makes it safer and more effective.

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 - 3 User
Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 - 3 User
20 used & new from $15.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to install, stopped working after a few months, October 11, 2011
I received a free one-year trial of this software through BzzAgent.com. Previously, I had been using Avast! free antivirus with no problems, along with Windows Defender. The install of the Trend Micro was a pain, requiring me to disable Windows Defender and delete Avast. Setting up the automatic online backup for my files was also rather tedious, but it was nice to know that I didn't have to worry about backing up new documents. However, after a few months, the antivirus just stopped working - the program wouldn't even load. I gave up on it and went back to Avast - who can argue with free and functional?

Maybelline New York Superstay 24, 2-step Lipcolor, Timeless Rose 090
Maybelline New York Superstay 24, 2-step Lipcolor, Timeless Rose 090
Price: $7.94
9 used & new from $2.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but not amazing, April 19, 2011
Like another reviewer, I also received samples of this product through BuzzAgent. Generally I do not wear lipstick, since I don't like the heavy, waxy feel of most products. I use lip stain when I want some color. This product was a nice in-between consistency - thicker than a lip stain, but it goes on with a little brush, almost like a thin paint, so that when it dries you don't really feel it at all. It's also got a nice flavor, which is a plus, and the finish on it is nice and natural looking.

The product did not quite live up to its "superstay" claims - it did transfer when I wiped my mouth on a napkin, and it had worn off almost completely within 4 to 6 hours. But it would do very nicely for an evening out, just know that you might need to re-apply at some point.

Are You the One for Me?: Knowing Who's Right and Avoiding Who's Wrong
Are You the One for Me?: Knowing Who's Right and Avoiding Who's Wrong
by Barbara DeAngelis PhD
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
361 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbara is a Godsend!, November 29, 2004
I have read several of Barbara's books, and they have all been very helpful. The insights that she provides into the workings of relationships and the human mind are easy to understand yet powerful and potentially life-changing!

Some readers have criticized her because she has had several failed relationships, but she has learned from those failures and from the people she has counseled, which I think makes her much better suited to give advice! Her books are very straightforward, even a little simplistic, but they will help you see patterns in your life and learn what you can do to make changes for the better. This book is for anyone who's been through not-right or almost-right relationships and wants to understand why things didn't work and how to choose better the next time. A great book for both women and men. If more people would stop and take this advice into consideration, they could save themselves a lot of heartache.

A note: Many of Barbara's books overlap one another, sometimes with whole passages repeated verbatim from one book to another. For instance, I read this book followed by her book "The Real Rules" and found the second book to basically be a watered-down version of this one. Get this book and you'll be in good shape. Women, I also recommend "Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know." Men might even benefit from that book; it reveals some great insights about why men do the things they do, and even my usually stubborn ex admitted that most of it was dead-on.

Basically, you can't go wrong with Barbara! Her books are super cheap and are packed with great advice. Do yourself a favor and check them out!