Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for **Movie Reviewer** > Reviews

Browse

**Movie Reviewer**'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

**Movie Reviewer** RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Popcorn
Popcorn
DVD ~ Jill Schoelen
10 used & new from $38.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cult Classic!, June 18, 2010
This review is from: Popcorn (DVD)
This review is for "Popcorn" (1991) DVD released by "Elite Entertainment." The bonus features on the DVD include some of the "Popcorn" movies trailers and t.v. spots, a lot of them. For some reason lots of people complain about the "video transfer" on this dvd, if you have the authentic version of the film, you will notice the quality is near perfect and is presented in widescreen, buyer beware as I have seen a cheap bootleg copy being sold. The dvd also comes with a "Scene Index" / "Chapter Guide" insert inside the case.

The movie itself is very interesting and has a great campy story line. Without giving away too much of the story... A group of film students reopen an old movie theater that is soon to be torn down in a few weeks, so the class must rush and put on one of the best all night horror movie shows. They soon learn that the theater has a gruesome past that may once again occur the same way it did years ago (the last act of a movie to be played out "live" on stage). The movie has great music and I really enjoy the lighting in the movie as I really don't see it that much in newer horror films.

From the DVD & VHS versions I noticed one line in the movie was changed near the beginning, anyone else notice that too?

Fujifilm FinePix Z70 12 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Black)
5 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR, May 5, 2010
I bought this camera because of the price and since it can take HD VIDEO in 720p. Lets get to the deal breakers that I was unable to find anywhere I looked, unlike most camera that can take video, this one records in AVI format, not the MP4 / MOV. I like AVI because I can edit it very easily. AVI files cannot exceed 2GB in size, let it be on any camera or computer. On this camera you can zoom in and out while filming. A nice feature of this camera is the battery, its rechargeable. You can't recharge the battery while its in the camera, it comes with a separate charger and you need to take the battery out of the camera, I like this idea as I can buy multiple batteries and charge one yet still use the camera...Camera takes both SD & SDHC memory cards, if you do not have a computer drive that can read the more newer SDHC cards, the camera comes with a USB cable so you can transfer the photos/videos that way with or without using the included cd-rom. This camera has a ton of setting on it, so many I had to look through the manual thats on the cd-rom as icons were popping up on the camera screen that I did not know what they meant. My favorite feature of this camera is that it can take 2 pictures at a time, one with the flash and then one without so you can pick which one is better. The camera has other features too, but I have not yet played with them enough to see what they do. In terms of weight and feel, its solid, has a good weight to it so it does not feel like cheap plasic, parts of the outside are metal. It has a port on the bottom for a standard tripod. On this camera, don't worry if you break the battery / memory card off because it does not rely on that to keep the battery or memory card in place, I know lots of people worry about that...I had other camera with the same megapixel rating and the battery life was horrible! On this camera you can take many many pictures and HD Video with power to spare. Keep in mind though, I noticed some settings this camera has does indeed use more power (the fully automatic scene recognizer, dual image taker as I mentioned earlier) and flash usage all will vary the life of the battery before you need another recharge, the battery can recharge to maximum capacity in about 2hours. The pictures and video come out really clear. This is my first FUJI camera, I usually get KODAK & CANNON and I think I will always buy FUJI from now on. I would highly recommend this camera.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2011 9:16 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR, May 5, 2010

The Landlord
The Landlord
DVD ~ Derek Dziak
13 used & new from $5.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea..., April 24, 2010
This review is from: The Landlord (DVD)
I enjoyed this film, I picked it up last year in 2009 at a horror con in Chicago from the filmmakers. I feel that it is not meant to be true horror film but rather a horror comedy type of flick. The main character in the film is rather funny from the way he does things. Some dude has these demonic things living in one of his apartments that he has somewhat became buddies with. The demonic creatures kills the tenets before the owner can collect the months payment...I like it when the cops come to investigate as they are just waiting for the landlord to slip up and make a mistake...the landlord always gets stuck cleaning up the mess that the demons leave behind (most of the time). I would recommend this film as I have seen nothing like it before.

I Worship His Shadow
I Worship His Shadow
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Visuals, April 24, 2010
This review is from: Lexx Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I totally forgot about this show. I used to watch it all the time on tv when it first aired. Its all about some some low class security guard that accidentally acquires the key to the "LEXX" and tries escapes his current planet. I enjoyed the music to this episode / movie too. I would recommend it to any sci-fi fan.

She's Just My Style (1990 - Remaster)
She's Just My Style (1990 - Remaster)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song!, April 24, 2010
This is a great song that to me, can stand the test of time. The audio quality is great for this MP3 version.

Pop! Goes the '80s
Pop! Goes the '80s
Offered by Global Overstock
Price: $4.91
30 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an 80s Party!, April 24, 2010
This review is from: Pop! Goes the '80s (Audio CD)
I would highly recommend this product, it has a great selection of songs from the 80s, some of which I have never heard before and now became my favorites. The audio quality of the songs are outstanding and should not be overlooked.

Animal: UK Edition
Animal: UK Edition
Price: $10.03
59 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for "VIP", April 24, 2010
This review is from: Animal: UK Edition (Audio CD)
Surprisingly I enjoyed the CD, this import features a few extra tracks that you cannot currently get on the US version of the CD. The bonus tracks for the import, "VIP" & "Dirty Picture", both of the extras I thought were very well done and should have been included for the US version...I would recommend this CD.

Ghoulies 3 [VHS]
Ghoulies 3 [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Rays Music
Price: $9.93
21 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels like something that came out of the 80s!!, April 24, 2010
This review is from: Ghoulies 3 [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I enjoyed this movie, too bad its not on dvd yet...If you like 80s style films, then I would recommend this. The music in film is also worth noting, the whole movie is just fun. Its your typical college / teen flick with a group of guys trying to get the girls but throw some Ghoulies into the mix and this is what you have...

Hot Moves
Hot Moves
DVD ~ Michael Zorek
2 used & new from $44.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great funny movie..., April 24, 2010
This review is from: Hot Moves (DVD)
I have seen this movie before so it was a blind buy for me...When I did get around to watching it, I though it was funny compared to the more recent teen movies. I find it funny when the full sized guy in the movie goes to some girls house he just met (a waitress) and saw a teddy bear in the house that looks just like him then the house is set on fire...The movie has many laughs but it does have some scenes that it can do without.

Page: 1 | 2