Profile for st > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

st RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Coppertone By Select-a-vision Sunreader +2.50, Black
Coppertone By Select-a-vision Sunreader +2.50, Black
Price: $22.22

5.0 out of 5 stars great bi-focal sunglasses, July 11, 2014
These are great bi-focal sunglasses. They fit comfortably, the bifocal is virtually invisible from the outside (so others don't see it). I use them while driving at times and there is no problem. I love them, and bought a second back-up pair today!

Travelchair Slacker Chair, Black
Travelchair Slacker Chair, Black
Price: $20.61
26 used & new from $12.55

3.0 out of 5 stars well made and sturdy, but an enemy to the family jewels, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Travelchair Slacker Chair (Sports)
This is definitely a well made product, and sturdy -- and all it said it would be.

But after trying it out, I agree with others -- adult men should be careful. It is not "package friendly". I've learned that sitting a bit side-saddle helps, but few men will enjoy a metal post poking the family jewels.

Not sure if I will keep this, or send it back.

MultiTable ModTable Adjustable Height Standing Desk with Manual Base, Black
MultiTable ModTable Adjustable Height Standing Desk with Manual Base, Black
Price: $479.00
2 used & new from $479.00

4.0 out of 5 stars great standing desk, but a bit wobbly at standing height, April 5, 2014
I work at home (self-employed) and sit at a desk all day. I decided to add a standing desk with a LifeSpan treadmill.

This desk is terrific. I REALLY HATE to assemble anything, but the instructions were pretty clear, and it took me about an hour. If you are a smaller person, you might need another person to help you on a couple of times during assembly, but as a 6' 46-year old man, I was able to do on my own.

All of the parts and bolts seem to be incredibly sturdy.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars, is that is a bit wobbly. This is probably not so much about the quality of the table -- but about "physics." That it is, it only has two posts (not four) supporting it, so the higher you raise it, the more wobbly it gets. The wobbly-ness won't be a problem for me, because I'm not using it to just stand next to it (and do detailed work)... I'm using it with a treadmill - and as such,, no detailed work can be done while on a treadmill walking 1.5-2.0 miles/hour.

But I wanted to mention the wobbly-ness of it. It's very sturdy at "sitting" level -- the law of gravity makes it a bit wobbly if you raise to standing level. If you were someone that uses it as a standing table/desk, and do detailed work (like drawing, etc.)... you might find the wobble troublesome. I don't know, however, that there are standing desks (with adjustable heights) on the market that have more stability. They would have to have four posts (not two).

Phone Busking: How the Sound of Your Voice Determines Your Success While Telephone Cold Calling

5.0 out of 5 stars great resource for any salesperson, March 28, 2014
This is a terrific resource for any salesperson. The author provides a lot of practical "in the trenches" advice, and how to avoid common pitfalls.

Letters From Berlin: A Story Of War, Survival, And The Redeeming Power Of Love And Friendship
by Kerstin Lieff
Price: $18.26
40 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique perspective, delivered with honesty, December 9, 2013
The author provides a well-written account of her mother's experience in Nazi Germany and the aftermath. It gives us insight to what was going on in perhaps an "average Germany family" at this time.

Zoo Station (John Russell World War II Spy Thriller #1) (A John Russell WWII Spy Thriller)
by David Downing
Price: $8.99
63 used & new from $3.14

2.0 out of 5 stars boring ... half way through, and nothing exciting, December 9, 2013
I wanted to like this, as I love WWII history, I love Berlin -- and thought I would find this fictional spy thriller to be... well, a thriller. I just had to stop half way through. Nothing exciting is really happening by half way through.. The author has painful descriptions of where the main character is going, who he is visiting... over and over again...this train, that train station, this restaurant, that restaurant...this coffee, that cake... over and over again. The descriptions are boring and nothing engages me. I also saw several typos in my paperback version. And the style of writing is painful to me. So I've quit reading this... as I have more interesting books to read. I wanted to like it knowing this was part one of a series. Sorry, I didn't find anything thrilling about this. I have abandoned this author due to lack of interest.

Tervis 24 oz. Big T Clear Tumbler
Tervis 24 oz. Big T Clear Tumbler
Offered by Bealls Florida
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars love this tumbler! I will buy more!, August 9, 2013
I love this tumbler. While it's a bit expensive, it performs well: no condensation on the outside, keeps drinks hot/cold (even without a lid). I also like the super-large size. I highly recommend, and will be buying more.

Adam Mens Multiple Now Foods 180 Softgel
Adam Mens Multiple Now Foods 180 Softgel
Offered by HealthyNest
Price: $28.67
21 used & new from $23.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-vitamin, August 9, 2013
I have taken these for more than a year, and I think they are the best multi-vitamin -- especially of those in a gel format. The capsules are large, but not really that hard to swallow. The price on Amazon always seems to better than in any of the local stores where I live (many vitamin stores in my area don't carry the Adam).

Rick Steves Clothesline, Natural
Rick Steves Clothesline, Natural
Offered by Gravity Trading
Price: $20.90
2 used & new from $19.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, May 27, 2013
I pack light when traveling to Europe, and this is great for washing clothes in a hotel room. It's FAR better than hanging wet clothes on the hotel's clothes line in the bathroom (if they have one -- and if they do, the bathroom usually has poor ventilation). It's very versatile. I've always found ways to hang it near an open window and/or the heat/air conditioning vent -- getting very creative by using the handy velcro straps to wrap around a lamp stand, door or drawer handle, bed post, etc. LOVE IT!

Stainless Steel Endurance Grapefruit Spoons, Set of Two
Stainless Steel Endurance Grapefruit Spoons, Set of Two
Offered by Livio & Vlad
Price: $7.99
18 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, May 27, 2013
I love these spoons. No more trying to separate the sections with a knife. Less waste of this delicious and expensive fruit. I plan to buy more these spoons for when I have company over for breakfast or brunch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4