Profile for Paul E. Harvey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul E. Harvey RSS Feed (Culver City, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Contender Fight Sports Thai Pads (Pair)
Contender Fight Sports Thai Pads (Pair)
Offered by MMAWarehouseLLC
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $50.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Heavy Hitters, August 2, 2014
I'm a personal trainer and I use these pads when I'm training clients that are particularly heavy hitters. They'll give you alot of protection. Unlike some, I don't find I need help putting them on.

Everlast 4008 80-Pound Traditional Heavy Bag
Everlast 4008 80-Pound Traditional Heavy Bag
Offered by Where America Shops
Price: $72.49
13 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag - Poor Connecting Equipment, July 2, 2013
I've been using this bag for about four weeks and love it - it was everything I wanted and more for Muay Thai training.

That being said, In four weeks I've had two different connectors on this bag fail that came with the bag. My advice would be to go to the hardware store and get your own carabiners, chains and connectors. The hardware provided by Everlast is super cheap and fails easily.

Hi Dow Massage XP Micro - Silver - The next generation massager from the makers of the XP3 (XPIII)
2 used & new from $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Unit!, August 22, 2011
I am a long-time personal trainer and hardcore biker/weightlifter and have loved using electro-stimulation units, for various injuries, for many years (as does my long-time girlfriend, who is also a long-time personal trainer and avid weightlifter/cardio enthusiast). I must say I'm impressed.

My first experience with an electro-stimulation unit was 20 years ago, after a dislocated shoulder injury, at a chiropractor's office. Since then, I've been hooked on electro-stimulation as a method of injury rehabilitation.

While the units at the chiropractor offices are always superior (and vastly more expensive) due to better variable massage stimulation, this little unit (which was a gift from someone else) performs as well, and is as powerful, as much larger, and MUCH more expensive, home units I've owned in the past.

Combine that with being USB-Chargeable and Rechargable-Battery-Powered (if you're on the go), this unit is extremely impressive with regard to its price, size and performance.

The power that is achievable from this little device is VERY impressive, as are the features - 10 different massage variations, four stimulation pads, complete intensity control, and self timer to give you stimulation only as long as you require/wish.

When my girlfriend and I have various injury tweaks and pains, putting this unit on while lying back and watching TV offers fantastic and extremely user-friendly injury rehabilitation. We don't use the unit on battery power, we just keep the unit plugged in (for this reason I can't vouch for the strength or life of the battery when in use - you should look to other reviews for users who need, and have used, the battery features).

You'll be glad you purchased this unit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2011 7:08 PM PDT

Goodyear i8000 120-Volt Direct Drive Tire Inflator
Goodyear i8000 120-Volt Direct Drive Tire Inflator
Price: $45.00
4 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pump!, May 28, 2011
I just purchased this pump a week ago and am impressed. After messing around with 12V units, I'm never going back.

This 120V unit does the job, and does it quickly.

I run bicycle tires at 100psi and this pump had zero problems quickly getting them up to that pressure. So much nicer and easier than wearing myself out on a manual pump.

It's well worth the investment. If you're a cyclist, give this one a shot!

Ironman Gravity 1000 Inversion Table
Ironman Gravity 1000 Inversion Table
Price: $149.00
24 used & new from $134.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, April 7, 2011
I decided to invest in an inversion bench when I was suffering from a severe sciactic condition. A friend had the Ironman Gravity 1000 bench, so I decided to purchase one as well.

Not only did it knock out my condition, but it's kept it from coming back with only once a week 5 minute sessions on the bench. Lately I've been using the bench every other day to help with back pain from frequent biking.

If you have a back/disc issue, this piece of equipment is worth its weight in gold. My girlfriend and I let friends and business associates use our bench often to help with their various back maladies - which are always improved after regular use on the inversion bench.

You will not regret this purchase!

Timex Ironman Bike Combo Speed/Cadence Sensor ANT+
Timex Ironman Bike Combo Speed/Cadence Sensor ANT+

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, March 24, 2011
I have reinstalled this thing several times - the cadence sensor works fine - but the speed sensor doesn't work at all. It seems others are having the same issue - save your money - avoid this piece of junk. My simple Cateye speedometer works every time and instantly.

The other problem is when the Timex Global Trainer finds the Speed & Cadence sensor, the watch won't use the GPS function to give you your speed anymore. You can't simply use the cadence function by itself.

So, I find myself incredibly frustrated - I've ordered the Garmin speed and cadence sensor which, by the reviews, seems to be more reliable.

Again, avoid this horrible product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 12:46 PM PST

PL-SLM(R): i.Trek Solar Bicycle Taillight with Three Red LED (Rear)
PL-SLM(R): i.Trek Solar Bicycle Taillight with Three Red LED (Rear)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Craftsmanship, February 20, 2011
Stay far away from these lights.

The Positives:
1. They light up, not only in the front, but all the way around. Very strong, bright red lights - with great visibility.
2. Solar - no batteries ever needed.
3. They swivel. Behind the seatpost, this light is clamped closely to the seatpost stem, so the back button may have been hard to get to, but the lights swivel easily on their mounts to give easy access to the power button.
4. They detach easily just by gently pushing down on a plastic button.

The NEGATIVE:
1. I bought five of these (I often ride at night in high traffic areas so I wanted to be very visible) - a month and a half later, two are still working. I don't know who does quality control on these things, but those people need to be fired.

If these things were durable, I would absolutely love the product. I love not using batteries and being able to simply slide the light off the bike. However, sixty percent of them have already failed, and I doubt the last two are very far behind. Stay away, far away.

JanSport Air Cure Core Series Daypack
JanSport Air Cure Core Series Daypack

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Backpack, February 20, 2011
I just picked this backpack up.

I often ride my bike to work as a morning workout, so I needed something that was sturdy, held alot of gear, and that had plenty of pockets for organization.

The positives:

1. lots of useable space
2. lots of pockets as I need things organized well so that I can get to things quickly
3. Great build quality as with all Jansports
4. Jansports have a looser feel and seem to be able to hold more than bags with extremely stiff construction that don't give when you try to store larger items.

Negatives:

1. No sternum strap - but I just cannibalized one from an old backpack to give me more support

I would buy this bag again with no hesitation.

Cateye Hybrid Headlight
Cateye Hybrid Headlight
Offered by 3Suns
Price: $22.91
6 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Light!, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Cateye Hybrid Headlight (Sports)
I just picked up this hybrid light and am very impressed. It installs in a snap! It has the light power so I am seen on the road and I LOVE the hybrid design. It has one bay for a regular battery and one bay for the rechargeable. You can flip a switch so you're either using regular or rechargeable battery power. I don't have to worry about removing the unit for charging as it sits outside my office all day charging, so its ready when I need it. Brilliant design from Cateye.

Suunto Advizor Wrist-Top Computer Watch with Barometer, Compass, Altimeter, and Chronograph

4.0 out of 5 stars Suunto Advizor, June 10, 2009
Pros:

1. Great watch with a TON of features. Not many compass, altimeter, barometer combo watches also come with a heart rate monitor. That's impressive.

2. This is one of the best styled watches I've ever owned.

3. Very comfortable and easy wearing band.

Cons:

1. Suunto Watches have terrible function navigation. There is no intuitive function design to these watches.

2. I use a stopwatch often and the stopwatch function can only be accessed through another function - which was a big negative for me causing me to give the watch away to a friend.

Page: 1 | 2