Profile for SuperTenor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SuperTenor RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - Sony PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - Sony PSP
Offered by Quick Buys
Price: $13.49
79 used & new from $5.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could have been better, October 10, 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Final Fantasy Tactics for the original PlayStation was one of my favorite games of all time, so I was looking forward to playing this game.

Only being two hours into the game, I have not reached any of the new content, and I have not tried the multiplayer yet, so I cannot comment on those aspects of the game.

The reanimated cut scenes are gorgeous. However, not all cutscenes were animated, and only being in chapter one, I've only seen one, which is when Ovelia is abducted by Delita. The other scenes so far have been with the in-game sprites. The voice acting is a nice touch to the animated scenes. The new translations give the speech in the game a similar feel to FFXII, which works considering the setting. Gameplay works exactly as it did in the original, which is part of the reason I love the game. If you are not into grinding levels, this game won't be for you. On tip though, the glitch in the original that allows for quick mastering of certain job classes is gone. Looks like he have to be honest men and women from now on. No big deal though.

The two big issues I have with the game are technical in nature. The game expierences slow down any time there is a special effect of sorts curing battles. This occurs during spell animations, mainly, but I've experienced it even using things like "Throw Stone" and items, and even during monster attacks. The sound effects during the battles and the cut scenes that use sprites leave a lot to be desired as well. The sound of wind blowing is particularly horrific.

One more thing to note is just that you may have to get used to new names of abilities. It's nothing big, but every one in a while I check to make sure that it's the same ability it used to be. No big deal.

The game still looks great. Some may find it a little dated, but I think because it's on the PSP, it's not that big of a deal. The music is still excellent, although it doesn't sound re-mixed or re-arranged to me, which would have been a nice touch

Overall, it's a good game that improves on the original, but I would have been willing to wait longer to have some of the technical issues ironed out.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2007 6:58 PM PDT

Rio Nitrus 1.5 GB MP3 Jukebox
Rio Nitrus 1.5 GB MP3 Jukebox
5 used & new from $19.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this product, September 4, 2004
I recieved my Rio Nitrus in December 2003 as a gift and was very pleased with it's performance. For me, the sound quality was perfect, and the fact that I didn't need to carry CD's back and forth from college was a huge plus. The Nitrus worked very well until May 2004, two months after the warrenty ended. I got the all too common "UPGRADER" message. I tried everything I was told to do, including upgrading the Firmware. However, I then got stuck on the "RESTARTING" message. Because I was out of warranty, I was told by customer support that I would need to pay $125 to replace it.

In my opinion, this product is excellent if it works, but I would not take the chance on another Rio player. If you consider yourself a smart consumer, you will not either.