Profile for Philip R. HUGHES > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 111

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Philip R. HUGHES "Capri142" RSS Feed (North Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Out-island Doctor
Out-island Doctor
by Evans W. Cottman
17 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars De Doctor Done Reach, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Out-island Doctor (Paperback)
I first read this book back in the mid sixties when visiting my parents who were living on Andros island in the Bahamas at the time. Several years later, married and moved to Colorado to start a family of my own I had mentioned the book to Mom during a long distance phone conversation, I received the book from the folks that Christmas and still have it. I've kept carried it to 4 different houses and 3 states over the years. Looking at the inscription, it says: Merry Christmas to Phil and Jane from Mom and Dad, 1978. I've probably read the book 4 times over the years. My kids have all read the book and when their kids get old enough, I will pass it on to one of them. I think it is one of the best stories ever about life in the Bahamas and how one man, with little skill made a huge difference in the lives of so many people. I often wondered whatever became of Mr Cottman and his family.

The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream, Sandalwood Essential Oil, for All Skin Types, 5.0 oz (150 ml)
Offered by FGP
Price: $22.31
35 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the lot, August 20, 2014
I have several shave creams and soaps....This is the one that I keep coming back to

Torin TR6300 Creeper Seat
Torin TR6300 Creeper Seat
Price: $26.37
8 used & new from $25.41

1.0 out of 5 stars UNSAFE!, August 17, 2014
This seat is very unstable. unless you sit straight down on the seat it is prone to roll out from under you. It did this too me a couple of times.... the last time falling over backwards, my back hitting the lawnmower behind me. took weeks to feel normal again. Not good as I had to cancel a few long distance motorcycle rides that had been months in the planning. Be very careful using this seat.

Hard Choices
Hard Choices
by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Price: $20.91
158 used & new from $9.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, just Terrible!, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Hard Choices (Hardcover)
has to be the worst book written by a politician that has ever been written. Read this book and no matter how far left you lean, you will not be voting for Hillary in 2016. 600+ pages of nonsense. I picked up the book at the library, any one who pays for this read is getting ripped off.

Marmot Limelight 3 Persons Tent
Marmot Limelight 3 Persons Tent
Offered by All great deals
Price: $399.97 - $399.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tent, June 28, 2014
I spend about a month every year on the road motorcycle touring. Of that time a bit over half of the nights are spent at campgrounds. Last year I was caught in one of the worst rain storms I have ever encountered and spent 3 days in a small backpacking tent. One that I could hardly sit up in. After that ordeal,I decided that my one objective before leaving this year would be to buy a larger tent. The Marmot Limelight 3p tent is exactly the right size to take on the motorcycle , Small enough to pack easily on the bike, large enough for me and all my gear to have plenty of room inside, even if I get caught inside for a few days. . the quality of the tent and ease of set up by just one person is superb. With this kind of luxury I may have to increase my number of camping days while on the road.

SEDICI Arturo Mesh Motorcycle Jacket - XL, Silver/Gray
SEDICI Arturo Mesh Motorcycle Jacket - XL, Silver/Gray
Offered by Cycle Gear
Price: $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars even the mesh ones are made out of pretty heavy material, June 27, 2014
This is the first motorcycle jacket that I have ever given a rave review of. I live in Florida where the summers are hot, average temps July and August are in the 90's where I live. I am a firm believer in ATGAT but the hot weather here makes it difficult.. So you either ride without a jacket or wear a mesh jacket to let the air flow through while riding...Notice I said while riding. Most all motorcycle jackets, even the mesh ones are made out of pretty heavy material. So when you come to a stop and it is 95 degrees F you Bake no matter what you are wearing...till I found this little gem. It is very light weight, making it easy to wear when you come to that stop in the heat, Semi's on both sides. The mesh is in all of the right places. I wear it all summer long and it is, by far the most comfortable warm weather jacket I have owned in many years of motorcycling. If you are looking for a jacket to wear during Hot weather, give this one a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Expedition Everest: Live the Adventure!
Expedition Everest: Live the Adventure!
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so much, May 12, 2014
(Spoiler) I liked the authors 1st book much better. This book held its own til the end when, for me, it completely fell apart. I just hate it when an author starts putting his or her religious beliefs in a book as happened here. Especially in this book which did not contain any "God" stuff till the very end and then we are bombarded with it. Come on! The "ARK" on top of Everest? And what an Ark it is not just a few pieces of wood but the whole darned thing and much, much more..Give me a break! When every one who has ever heard about it knows that it supposedly ended up on top of Mt Arafat in the middle east. I give the book 3 stars though as the author obviously did his research on Everest and it comes through in the book. I may read another of Pedrone's works but it will be the last if he continues to put his religious beliefs into his books.

Akito Desert Pants (Sand/Black, XX-Large)
Akito Desert Pants (Sand/Black, XX-Large)
Price: $145.50
3 used & new from $143.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MC Pants, April 30, 2014
I really like these MC pants, the price is right and overall the quality is very good. I have a couple of other pairs of MC pants that don't fit as well as these or they don't have the pockets that this one does. The Akito pants seem to have all bases covered. I wear a 40W 32L and they fit almost to size. I think they a just a tad on the tight side but then that could just be me probably needing to lose as few lbs around the middle. The length is just right about 33" which is just perfect for MC pants.

Grizzle Fist Highway Footpeg Clamp and Mount Set HCM-210
Grizzle Fist Highway Footpeg Clamp and Mount Set HCM-210
Offered by Riders Warehouse
Price: $57.38
10 used & new from $57.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the correct size, April 21, 2014
This review is not about the product itself but about the way Amazon has it described as fitting as 1" bar...I received a 1 1/4 inch clamp in the mail. When I contacted the seller (Riders Warehouse) I was told that they do not make a 1' clamp. So if you order this expecting a 1" clamp, it will not be what you get.

Presto 07047 Cool Touch Electric Griddle
Presto 07047 Cool Touch Electric Griddle
Offered by stores123
Price: $36.92
58 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2, April 16, 2014
This is a really great griddle for 2 people. For a larger family, I would get a larger griddle. Cooks fairly evenly with no esp 'hot" spots. We use it for pancakes, omelets, bacon and sausage. I haven't tried french toast on it yet but will soon. The griddle cleans easily while still warm, soapy water and a dish cloth is all that is needed. I like the fact that it is immersible, you don't have to worry about water getting into the electrics.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12