Profile for P. Kinsman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Kinsman RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA)

Angry Birds Star Wars Fighter Pods Jenga Death Star
Angry Birds Star Wars Fighter Pods Jenga Death Star
Offered by Amazing Plush
Price: $16.27
122 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, January 16, 2013
This game is a riot. I have so much fun playing with my 8 year old son. The design is great. The "Death Star" holds together very well even after taking several hits. When the "destruction" is complete, the circular pieces fall dramatically to the sides - so it is very clear when the game is over. I recommend playing on the floor, against a wall, since the game involves constantly chasing down your birds after you shoot them.

Angry Birds: Birds in Space Game
Angry Birds: Birds in Space Game
Offered by Brian's Toys
Price: $9.70
67 used & new from $2.56

1.0 out of 5 stars An exercise in frustration, January 16, 2013
Tried playing this with my son last night. The configurations shown on the cards are impossible to build. The plastic pieces are not well designed. The gray ones have warped edges (how can you stack things that aren't flat??) and they all have deep ridges on the side. Why would you not design the pieces to be perfectly flat? What should have been a fun activity with my son turned into me screaming at the pieces, giving up, and telling my son to pick another game to play because this one is too frustrating.

If you are looking to buy an Angry Birds game for a child, I recommend the Jenga Angry Birds Death Star game. It's well designed, easy to set up, and very fun to play.

Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, Silver
Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, Silver
Price: $42.00
21 used & new from $34.65

5.0 out of 5 stars good design, February 8, 2010
I've used my Mr. Bento a few times and I really like it. I pack leftovers in the containers and put them in the fridge the night before, then nuke 'em in the morning and put them in the lunch jar. By lunchtime the contents are still warm (not piping hot, but definitely warm enough to eat). I have also packed cold and hot items in the same jar (which you're not supposed to do). I just take out the cold items when I get to work, they do not seem to pick up the heat from the other containers.

My favorite part of the Mr. Bento (besides the name Mr. Bento) is its upright design. I have a long flat bento, and it's impossible to carry it flat and it leaks. Mr. Bento doesn't have that problem. The soup jar does not leak. The carrying case is a huge plus too.

Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera
Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera
Offered by Unidobox Home Decor
Price: $60.99
20 used & new from $20.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, July 17, 2007
I have had some excellent results with this camera and I have just begun to play around with it. I have gotten the best results when I shoot in outdoor, sunny conditions, or in still environments where I can use the bulb setting. When shooting close subjects, be warned that the range finder is way off. Use it to get an idea of what the shot will look like, but don't look through it to aim the shot. Just hold the lens in front of your subject from the angle you want.

Holga 120 Color Flash Camera
Holga 120 Color Flash Camera
Price: $39.99
10 used & new from $13.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 17, 2007
I have shot 10 rolls of film so far and they are my favorite pictures I have ever taken. This may be my favorite thing I have ever bought :)