Profile for J. Harker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Harker "Peanut's Mommy" RSS Feed (Columbus, Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2
Kaleidoscope Pick Up Sticks classic pickup game toy
Kaleidoscope Pick Up Sticks classic pickup game toy
Offered by imagine products
Price: $15.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, July 31, 2014
I'm not sure what would cause someone not to rate this product a five stars. I have not read other comments before writing this. We love this game! I love the vintage feel of the box and wooden sticks. They're sturdy and effective. They did ship very slow but that wa during Christmas when Amazon was having issues with shipping overload.

The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep
Price: $11.76
323 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A blessing!, July 31, 2014
This book was heaven-sent for our family! I'm not sure I've seen another book that discusses sleep issues for kids past the baby stage. We are probably the opposite of a lot of families. Our oldest started sleeping through the night at seven weeks. It was later, in preschool. When we started having trouble getting him to sleep. It was taking a toll on the entire family. I have utilized several other Elizabeth Pantley's books, so ordering this one was a no-brainer. I appreciate that she doesn't offer a fix and say "this will work for all families if done right." She understands that each family is unique and therefore offers multiple approaches to varying sleep issues. You can work through the issues using whatever methods work best for you and your child. And Elizabeth Pantley's is right there every step of the way. I have almost all of her books and have used both as a parent and as a professional in the field of early intervention. Sleep is such an important part of a child's health and complete well being and this book can help you get there like it did for my family.

The Avengers Blue Round Tin Bank with Easy-Off Lid
The Avengers Blue Round Tin Bank with Easy-Off Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 20, 2014
We love this tin! It's a great size for a five year old saving coins. The kid is snug, so he needs my help to close it but that is also a blessing because it prevents the can from easily opening, spilling and creating a choking hazard for our youngest.

The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
Price: $11.18
798 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU!!, May 20, 2014
Elizabeth Pantley has helped me for the second time! Her book first helped me with my oldest and my youngest was a whole new ball game. Children require and deserve the patience Elizabeth Pantley offers in her No-Cry Sleep Solution book. Not once did I have a bad gut feeling about her advice, I didn't worry if I was negatively impacting my children because the advice is to nurture and love. I knew the advice I was taking from this book was a win for my babies and mom and dad too!

Melissa & Doug Rascal Raccoon
Melissa & Doug Rascal Raccoon
Offered by 5 Toys
Price: $8.00
4 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, April 7, 2014
Absolutely adorable! This little guy is so cute and well made. He was the perfect addition to our little guy's woodland creature nursery without being too big!

Hallmark - LEGO Star Wars Square Dessert Plates
Hallmark - LEGO Star Wars Square Dessert Plates

3.0 out of 5 stars cost, April 7, 2014
Very cute but they can be found cheaper elsewhere online for less than half the cost. Do your research before buying unless you don't care about saving a couple bucks.

T-Shirt - Captain America - Distressed Shield
T-Shirt - Captain America - Distressed Shield
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $11.64
9 used & new from $11.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs small, August 9, 2013
Shirt quality is nice. Shield looks great. Seems small and with little stretch to the fabric. I will wash it and hang to dry for first wash and pray it doesn't shrink. My husband only wears medium, so I was a little surprised to see how this fit. Arrived VERY promptly!

Hillsdale Parkglen Desk
Hillsdale Parkglen Desk

1.0 out of 5 stars THREE damaged desks shipped to my house :(, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Hillsdale Parkglen Desk (Misc.)
Let me start out with saying each customer service representative I spoke with was so kind and helpful. If only they were the think tank involved in making sure this heavy desk is shipped without being damaged. I had three desks shipped to my home in an attempt to get one that was not damaged. The desk could have been so beautiful and sturday but was damaged each time. The first desk had two damaged corners. The bag of hardware was spilled out and had scratched the wood with missing pieces. There was no way to hide the damage and just use the desk as it was for for the amount I paid I shouldn't have had to settle. So, I was told throw it away and a new one would be sent. After it didn't show up, I called and realized that specific customer service rep must have been like talking to a gourd for the miscommunication that occurred. The second desk finally came two weeks after the first desk. The second des was completely in pieces. The keyboard "drawer" was stripped from the bottom of the desk. It was literally in pieces. The hardware not only was spilled out and scratching the wood, the screws were embedded in the top of the desk. I was told to throw that desk away, was given a 20% discount and was told a third desk was on the way and it would be specially packaged to prevent damage. I was told "we're optimistic it will work out this time." Nope. The hardware bag once again was spilled open scratching the wood and a corner was horifically smashed in. The desk weights 121 lbs. There was 3/4 inch (we measured) soft styrafoam protecting this heavy desk that comes from Vietnam. The desk truly could be beautiful but until they work out the poor, ridiculous packing and shipping issues I would not take the risk with this desk.

The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution:  Gentle Ways to Encourage Your Child to Eat—and Eat Healthy
The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Your Child to Eat—and Eat Healthy
Price: $12.49
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, August 13, 2012
Elizabeth Pantley has once again brought out an issue for many parents and their children that can cause so much pain and frustration for both sides. My son has been a picky eater for as long as I can remember. Early on I gave up making it a fight to the dismay of many important people in my life. I refused to let food be a battle but that did not mean I let him eat whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. To those around me, if I wasn't pushing a meal on my child that meant I did not care about his health and nutrition. I was scared of any conversation centered around my son't eating. Elizabeth's book reflects the feelings and attitude of both parents and children and how to resolve picky eating "issues" with respect while preserving the parent-child relationship. The recipes were easy enough that my son was able to help me and that made him even more interesting in eating the foods he was preparing himself! The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution has given me the confidence that I have made the right decision to not make eating a battle but a lesson on choices, rules and respect.

Fisher-Price Disney's Jake and The Never Land Pirates - Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky
Price: $29.99
30 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute toy!, June 12, 2012
My three year old son was so excited to open up Bucky! It is bigger than I thought it was going to be and was pleased.(Be careful when removing ties. One is connected to tic toc's door and will pull the door loose. I wish I had noticed how it was tied before I tried to pull the tie through :/) My kiddo loves hearing all the sayings and tic toc popping out. He loves that he can position Jake and Scully in different positions on the ship. THE CANNON IS AWESOME! It shoots a few feet and is pretty easy to use once the little hands figure out how to turn the water cannon to get it to go in. There are holes to hold two of the three cannons and the third cannon can stay in the cannon. My son and I both love the fact that Bucky is on wheels that purposely make him wobble as if he's on water when pushed! This is a cute detail!

I gave it a three for educational value because my son is very into pretend play and Bucky, Jake and Scully speak to that part of him. The nest pole (not sure what it's called) wobbles around. It feels like it could break if a child were to pick Bucky up by this part. The slide is too short. The figures basically just fall but my kiddo doesn't care. I Tic toc does not make any sounds when he pops out. One of the sayings is a ticking clock but is independent from tic toc popping out. Overall, I love Bucky. Not thrilled with the price but was manageable knowing my son would play with this toy for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2