Profile for RL > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RL RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Frio Frio Universal Locking Cold Shoe V2 - with 1/4-20 and 3/8 Threads
The Frio Frio Universal Locking Cold Shoe V2 - with 1/4-20 and 3/8 Threads
Offered by Outdoor Photo Gear
Price: $13.99
6 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product that will potentially save your flash., March 16, 2015
Should have bought this a long time ago. Expensive but worth it. I damaged an expensive flash due to it coming off adjustable cold shoe and this gives me great peace of mind.

Sophia Global Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon CLI-8 (2 Cyan, 2 Magenta, and 2 Yellow)
Offered by SophiaGlobal-
Price: $11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inks that match Canon's inks., March 16, 2015
Colors match Canon's and price is right. I can only hope longevity of ink is same or nearly the same as Canon's. Packaging is good excellent and doesn't appear generic.

Sophia Global Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon CLI-8 (2 Black, 2 Cyan, 2 Magenta, 2 Yellow, 2 Photo Cyan, 2 Photo Magenta, 2 Red, 2 Green)
Offered by SophiaGlobal-
Price: $29.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Ink and colors match Canon's., March 16, 2015
Colors match Canon inks. Haven't tested longevity of print but I'm hoping it is close to Canon's. The price is right.

Pelican Padded Divider Set for the 1610 Case, Single Layer
Pelican Padded Divider Set for the 1610 Case, Single Layer
Price: $114.95
5 used & new from $100.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but expensive!, March 16, 2015
This is much better than the foam cushions. However, the description and picture shown of product don't match. Item description says single layer, but picture shows 2 divider sets implying 2 layers. I now assume they are simply showing 2 different configurations. Putting that aside, the product itself is excellent albeit a little overpriced.

C&E 25 feet Universal Power Cord NEMA 5-15P to IEC-320-C13 18AWG Power Cord
C&E 25 feet Universal Power Cord NEMA 5-15P to IEC-320-C13 18AWG Power Cord
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 22, 2014
Long and good quality power cord at a great price. Glad I purchased it!

Jordan Almonds - Candy Coated - Assorted, 5 lbs
Jordan Almonds - Candy Coated - Assorted, 5 lbs
Offered by SincerelyNuts®
Price: $28.95
5 used & new from $20.94

2.0 out of 5 stars I was very disappointed. The Jordan Almonds sold at Walmart for just ..., July 22, 2014
The slightly larger size of the candied almonds over the grocery store variety looked promising; however, upon first bite, it was evident that the candy coating was very thick and the actual almond was small. I was very disappointed. The Jordan Almonds sold at Walmart for just 12 cents/lb more than this brand is much better and is sold in 16 oz packaging. Needless to say, I'll settle for Walmart next time around.

Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
Price: $99.95
68 used & new from $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget HVLP sprayer at an outstanding price point!, February 22, 2014
I'm am thoroughly impressed by this sprayer after initially being skeptical of its plastic tip and prior negative experience many years ago with a Wagner HVLP Finecoat sprayer with Latex paint--granted, the Finecoat sprayer's instructions did not recommend its use for Latex house paint.

But this sprayer was a pleasure to use and clean-up, when used with Latex house paint. I had a chance to compare this to the Graco 3900 Spray Station using the same batch of Sherwin Williams Pro Classic satin latex interior paint that I thinned out slightly (aprox 10%) with water and Flotrol. I eyeballed the viscosity and my guess would be it was a little on the thick side (it did not empty the viscosity cup included with the Wagner sprayer within 90 seconds); but after using the Graco SprayStation initially and using its viscosity cup at the recommended time of 180 secs for Latex, I decided that viscosity was unacceptably thin. So I just eyeballed the viscosity and tested it on the Wagner HVLP.

I am remodeling our kitchen and wanted to use a sprayer to paint the cabinet doors. The difference was night and day between the two sprayers. I purchased the Graco at Lowes with a total price with tax of around $162. This Wagner I obtained via Amazon for $111. As I said, the Wagner initially put me off with the plastic spray tip compared to Graco's brass tip and the extra fine finish brass tip that the Graco came with; but after spraying the Pro Classic batch I mixed up with the Wagner, I was immediately impressed. The finish layed-on like a very good roller brush coat, with slight spitting, but it leveled out very nicely as long as you don't pan the gun too fast. I then used the same batch of paint pouring it from the Wagner's cup to the Graco's, and tried the Graco HVLP. The result wasn't good--the Graco did a lot of spitting, paint wasn't spraying smoothly, and in general, it didn't hold up to the Wagner unit. The paint would have needed more dilution using the Graco.

Aside from the quality of finish, a nice feature of the Wagner HVLP was the flexibility of the air hose. The air hose feels like a rubberized plastic and flexed easily therefore making gun positioning more convenient. The Graco's hose is a stiff cheap feeling plastic. The Graco's hose also had a tendency to blow off of the connection, therefore requiring you to really torque the hose into place since it is a friction fit. It blew off on me 4 times during my spray session. The Wagner for whatever reason, stayed connected and did not require excessive force to ensure a good friction fit.

Although the Graco SprayStation 3900 included a 1 gallon backpack paint container as a bonus, I did not find that useful for the paint needed to be diluted more than when using the cup. The Wagner on the other hand, came with an aluminum cup and a larger plastic cup which I find more useful.

The operation of the Wagner's spray gun seemed smoother probably because of its all plastic construction. The Graco's gun operation feels gritty by comparison. I do like the way you can adjust the spray pattern easily as well as air pressure on the Graco's gun whereas on the Wagner, you adjust pressure using a dial on the pump housing and need to loosen the air cap on the gun to turn the spray nozzle for a different pattern.

Both manufacturer's spray guns cleaned easily but the Wagner's I concluded is easier to clean, with less parts to disassemble. I'm extra careful with the plastic tip and needle assembly on the Wagner to ensure I don't deform it.

The pump unit on both are nice, but the Wagner's unit is more aesthetically pleasing and has dual air filters whereas the Graco has only one air filter but has a a feature to store/wrap the hose on the unit itself. The power cord on the Wagner pump is heavier duty compared to Graco's.

I really wanted to like the Graco unit after having very positive experiences with Graco's TrueCoat airless sprayer and experiencing Graco's excellent customer support. But this Wagner is a sure winner when it comes to budget HVLP sprayers and definitely beats brushing or rolling assuming over spray is not an issue.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 11:27 PM PDT

Water Sentinel WSG-1 Replacement Fridge Filter
Water Sentinel WSG-1 Replacement Fridge Filter
Price: $19.72
35 used & new from $15.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product and works!, February 23, 2013
I used to purchase the GE branded filter and paid a lot more. This product appears well made and packaged. I installed it with no issues and it works like a charm. Most of all, the pricing made more sense.

WD Blue 1 TB Mobile Hard Drive: 2.5 Inch, 5400 RPM, SATA II, 8 MB Cache - WD10JPVT
Offered by Finity India- Now Offering Free Shipping
Price: $62.80
9 used & new from $44.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job and works well, February 23, 2013
I installed this on my 2nd drive bay within my HP Envy 17. Working alongside a Maxtor Hybrid drive, this was just what I needed to increase storage capacity on my laptop. Highly recommended.

BestDealUSA USB A Female to Mini USB B 5 Pin Male Adapter Cable
BestDealUSA USB A Female to Mini USB B 5 Pin Male Adapter Cable
Offered by YOUmiSKY
Price: $2.92
17 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as expected., February 23, 2013
Nothing much to go wrong here. The adapter worked as expected and was priced right. Will buy again if needed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6