Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (The OC)

K-BOXING Men's Quality Genuine Leather Arrow Black Belt
K-BOXING Men's Quality Genuine Leather Arrow Black Belt
Offered by Fran's Fabulous Finds
Price: $19.96
2 used & new from $19.96

1.0 out of 5 stars The one size belt that doesn't fit all., August 26, 2014
The one size kits all belt that doesn't fit me. It does look like a nice belt.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2014 8:59 AM PDT

35 inch Deluxe Wood SkimBoard by Drew Brophy Copa Color SC: Print 481 Size SC: 35 inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Ended scaped up on delivery, May 29, 2014
After we waxed up the board I was looking at it and the side veneer/paint was scraped off. Not a big deal as I can put a little bit of paint or wax to seal it so it doesn't de-laminate. It does says one of two things - the shipping materials are not sufficient or the QA for this product is poor. Make sure you check your board well for damage upon receipt. Other then that we received it on time and the seller delivered. I didn't contact about the damage. It wasn't worth it.

Pat Welsh's Southern California Organic Gardening (3rd Edition): Month by Month
Pat Welsh's Southern California Organic Gardening (3rd Edition): Month by Month
by Pat Welsh
26 used & new from $57.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Southern California gardeners, August 5, 2011
This books puts the months of the year as it relates to my garden into perspective. I know what to do and I know when to do it. I have learned so many things. Over the last five years I read the coming month as it closes in. It's easy to digest one month at a time. I keep learning new things and attempt new ones as I'm ready to do more. Even if you are not into growing vegetables it says so much on maintaining your lawn, shrubs, roses and trees. When (and how) to plant flowers. On top of all that the book discusses options for low-water plants and water saving techniques.

Finally - this book has allowed me to enjoy my yard more as I have found ways to make it easier and require less time to get more out of it.

If you are not from Southern California it's still a great book especially if you live in the South where winters are light.

Light My Fire Original Swedish FireSteel Scout 3,000 Strike Fire Starter - Red
Light My Fire Original Swedish FireSteel Scout 3,000 Strike Fire Starter - Red
Price: $11.01
34 used & new from $4.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than having matches, September 20, 2010
These are awesome. Everyone in your family over 10 should know how to use it because they are that easy. I had my 10 year old start a fire in about 5 minutes with this device. Three of the five minutes were spent collecting kindling and preparing the fire site. A minute of instruction with him. Then a minute of him learning how to strike the device to make fire. If that doesn't excite a ten year old's ego I do not know what will.

The Art of the Dynamic Handgun
The Art of the Dynamic Handgun
Price: $48.13
2 used & new from $48.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, September 20, 2010
I am really impressed with this video. It is exactly what I was looking for in a training video on handguns. Frankly I do not have time to spend hours at the range learning. My family obligations prohibit spending a week (or even a day) on the range but I feel pretty strongly that being trained and effective is very important. With this video I am able to get an hour here and there. I was able to watch and learn so much and now I can begin implementing what I learned at the range when I get a chance to go. I can also do many of the drills at home or in my backyard without ever firing a shot. In addition, I can also show the video to my wife on her time because she is not likely to ever go to the range without me and taking the family at this point isn't realistic.

It's is not super-hardcore commando. It's not all about specific situations although they certainly come up. It is focused on the fundamentals and solid fundamentals can be applied to any situation. I felt it has a pretty balanced attitude whether you are in the marines, a police officer or head of household security. I am learning how to use my gun effectively whether or not I'm in Afghanistan or my bedroom. The fundamentals are the same and that is what they are teaching.

I haven't got to the concealed DVD yet but based on the first DVD it will be exactly what I need to know when I get there. I have a long way to go but now I have skills to work on.

The bottom line is the instruction is great and learning at my own pace makes this video exactly what I was looking.

NcStar 223 Stripper Clips (20-Pack) (AARC)
NcStar 223 Stripper Clips (20-Pack) (AARC)
Price: $8.34
29 used & new from $6.74

5.0 out of 5 stars I want all my ammo on clips!, September 20, 2010
Works well - I bought the magazine loader in conjunction with these clips and they work great. I'm going to buy a lot more and I want all my ammo on clips.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gadget, September 20, 2010
I'm a fan - I can load my magazines in an instant. I'm planning on buying a bunch of stripper clips as I want to keep all my 223 ammo on clips ready to load in an instant. I like the handle/push rod to clear the magazine.

SportRack A30902 4EZ Hitch Platform 4 Bike Rack
SportRack A30902 4EZ Hitch Platform 4 Bike Rack

2.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but spend the extra money for a better one, October 6, 2008
I bought this rack for a trip to Moab as we needed to put four bikes with non-standard geometries on the car. This rack served the purpose but if I had to use it on a regular basis I would definitely not buy this rack. I would spend more money for a better rack. The bike mounts had to be adjusted to get the bikes on the first time. Once we got them adjusted we always put them in the same place and it was fine. I thought the rack folded up against the car but it does not (that is my fault for not reading the details). It sticks out pretty far and as a result is not something you would leave on without bikes. Since the rack is heavy and needs a wrench to attach/detach this could be a real show-stopper. Putting on bikes will limit the visibility of your cars tail/brake lights and would be a little concerned about being rear-ended. I would suggest some reflective material to enhance visibility.

The bottom line - buy a better rack! The first priority is to get one that folds up against your car so you don't have to take it on and off all the time! The second is one that it easier to adjust.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2011 5:43 PM PST