Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for ARH > Reviews

Browse

ARH's Profile

Customer Reviews: 828
Top Reviewer Ranking: 377

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ARH RSS Feed (The Shadow of the Tetons)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wrangler Men's Authentics No Iron Flat Front Pant, British Khaki, 34W x 32L
Wrangler Men's Authentics No Iron Flat Front Pant, British Khaki, 34W x 32L
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit as expected and I happily include these slacks in my regular work clothing rotation, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am always on the lookout for another nice set of slacks for work. These slacks are well designed and are made of high quality materials. As far as sizing goes, they have a true 34" waist and fit as expected. The only thing I wish these slacks had but don't is a flexible waistband that would give a little more give in that area. Other than that though, I have no complaints and I now happily include these slacks in my regular work clothing rotation.

5 stars.

Lexar microSDHC 32GB Mobile Flash Card LSDMI32GABNL
Lexar microSDHC 32GB Mobile Flash Card LSDMI32GABNL
Price: $18.64
42 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars This card is easily installed and my phone recognized it immediately - 5 stars for great additional capacity, August 20, 2015
No complaints - great product

I currently use a Samsung Galaxy 5, and this micro SD card slipped into it's slot easily, the phone identified it immediately, and gave me lots of additional memory. That's one thing I love about Androids, the ability to add an SD card.

Lexar is a known name, high quality, and has been doing a great job for me.

Dippers Blue Pine Tree Unisex-Adult Trucker Hat -One-Size Royal/White
Dippers Blue Pine Tree Unisex-Adult Trucker Hat -One-Size Royal/White
Offered by triple clean
Price: $7.49
2 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for fans of "Gravity Falls", and helps flush out fellow fans, August 20, 2015
My daughter is a fan of Gravity Falls, thus this purchase. The hat was inexpensive at around $5, and the shipping was FAST. The hat fits as expected and my daughter wears it when we go on our outdoor adventures. She was wearing it on a recent family vacation and she was pleased to get a "Hey, nice hat!" comment as we passed through an airport.

The quality is fine, and she's pleased.

Remington PF7200 F2 Comfort Series, Black
Remington PF7200 F2 Comfort Series, Black
Price: $19.99
22 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for shaving, but the sideburns trimmer can be brutal...read on, August 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used Norelco rotary razors for years and years so I thought it would be interesting to try a foil razor for a while and see how they stack up against each other.

I have now been using this razor for the past 2-3 weeks. I tried it shaving daily as well as longer between shaves. When used daily I don't see much significant difference between this razor and my Norelco. Both do a good job. When I let my beard (which is not all that heavy by the way) go for 3+ days between shaves then they both have the same problem. A longer whisker is not handily cut by either razor. This means that I have to find a way to crop them back a bit before the razor can do the final smooth shave. When using my Norelco I'm able to use the sideburns trimmer to do this, so I tried to do the same with this Remington. Man, that was brutal! The sideburns trimmer on the Remington runs at a lot higher RPM and when I was not careful that blade readily nicked and cut my face - my Norelco doesn't do that.

So the shave is fine when used daily or even every other day, but of you go longer than a few days you'll need to find another way to shorten your whiskers before you can really shave.

The cover is easily removed so the blades can be cleaned, no problem there,

All in all, I like the razor, but not the sideburns trimmer. I eventually became a little gun-shy doing anything besides just a simple sideburns trim with the trimmer. This razor lost one star there.

4 stars

Warday
Warday
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm amazed and so GRATEFUL that we never experienced any kind of nuclear exchange between the USA and the USSR, July 24, 2015
This review is from: Warday (Kindle Edition)
I read this book when it was first released back in the late 1980s, and keep in mind that it was written prior to the collapse of the USSR, the tearing down of the Berlin Wall, etc. This was a book written during and for the Cold War.

You probably already know that the first thing that happens is that the USA initiates the deployment of a "Star Wars" type anti-missile defense system. The USSR realizes that this will put them so far behind technologically that they must use their nuclear arsenal or lose all possible advantage they might have had. This precipitates a War Day, actually a 36 minute nuclear exchange, including massive electromagnetic pulses that disrupt communications, microcircuits, computer systems, etc., in both countries and their neighbors. There are also limited numbers of ground targets that were struck in the first strike, before the EMPs made it impossible to continue the war politically and electronically.

It is now 5 years after War Day and two authors, Whitely and Kunetka, decide to travel across the continent to try to assess what the longer term effects of Ward Day have been on the country. They leave from Dallas, travel across the southwest to California, then out through Nevada, and eventually to NYC and back to Dallas. Along they way they interview a wide range of people, giving them time to simply reflect on War Day and its effects on them.

I found it particularly interesting that the authors were the main narrators themselves and played central roles in the book. War Day is, therefore a cautionary tale, written as future history, showing possible effects of a limited nuclear war between the USA and USSR.

OK, I'm a Cold War kid...I was born in 1959, so the only world I knew growing up was a Cold War world. That made this read particularly compelling for me, though I find it hard to explain to, dare I say this(?), the younger generation what the Cold War was like. I mean, I grew up around New Orleans, LA, we had missile duck and cover drills when I was in elementary school, and moved to Wichita, KS, which was allegedly on the USSR's top target list due to all the aircraft manufacturing that takes place there.

Anyway, I found the story telling and conclusions of Streiber and Kunetka to be compelling and insightful. And I have to say that I'm amazed and so GRATEFUL that we never experienced any kind of nuclear exchange between the USA and the USSR, though it was close at least a couple of times.

4 solid stars - well worth a look.

Easy Caulk "Press in Place" White Counter Caulk Strips
Easy Caulk "Press in Place" White Counter Caulk Strips
Offered by CornerFlex
Price: $8.92
5 used & new from $8.92

2.0 out of 5 stars There's good news and there's bad news, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, there's good news and there's bad news.

OK, the good news first, since, believe it or not, I try to look on the bright side whenever possible. The good news is that once you remove the old caulking, installation of this strip caulking is EASY. There is no mess, no white fingers, and no excess caulking to worry about cleaning up. Plus there is really no clean up to speak of.

So, what's the bad news? Frankly, it looks cheap, almost like you ran a strip of tape along a joint. And when I say cheap, I mean it looks really cheap, like work you might imagine someone would do who was working under an extreme time crunch and trying to cut all the corners they can.

The bottom line is that once I applied it, and then looked at it, I found that I couldn't stand the way it looks so ripped it right out - removal was, BTW also easy, and was glad to apply regular caulking again. Plus the seal was, well, pretty crummy. It feels like the entire job of the narrow line of stiff caulk along the back of the vinyl strip is to hold the strip in place, but the strip does not seal along the wall and surface where it's applied. I can imagine all kinds of moisture followed by mold and mildew getting in there. Yuck.

I sadly cannot recommend this for anything beyond ease of application. Or, perhaps if you have never done any caulking before and you are totally lost, then perhaps this could help in a situation like that. But for the vast majority of people I strongly recommend that you find someone who knows how to do traditional caulking and buy a couple of tubes and learn how to apply it.

2 stars, and, well, that's being somewhat generous.

Kenda K850 Aggressive MTB Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackskin, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch
Price: $20.53
3 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally wore the tread all the way off of one of my tires, so I opted to go for the exact same tire I had before - KENDA, July 21, 2015
I just placed an order for a replacement tire for my mountain bike. I have been riding on this tire for the past several years, and I finally wore the tread all the way off of one of my tires, so I opted to go for the exact same tire I had before - it's performed like a champ.

We live in SE Idaho, and that means lots of mountain and hill dirt trails and gravel roads, and these tires do an awesome job. These tires are rugged enough for pretty much everything Idaho has thrown at them, Kenda is a solid brand name and we've had great luck with them on our bikes.

The construction and traction are good, and we see no reason to go to any other tire.

Kenda, I'll see you again when I need to replace my other tire!

5 stars

Kenda K850 Aggressive MTB Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackskin, 26-Inch x 2.10-Inch
Offered by Dave 'n' Mark's
Price: $15.34
3 used & new from $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars We ride lots of dirt trails and gravel roads, and these tires do an awesome job, July 21, 2015
I just placed an order for a new set of these tires for my wife's mountain bike. She has been riding on this tire for the past several years, and they are now, well, she's finally worn the tread down to nothing.

We live in SE Idaho, and that means lots of fun places to ride. We ride lots of dirt trails and gravel roads, and these tires do an awesome job. As someone mentioned in another posting, do not buy these tires to try to reduce thorn-related puncture problems - that's more of a tube issue, buy good tubes too!. Anyway, these tires are rugged enough for pretty much everything we have thrown at them, they are a solid brand name and we've had great luck with them on our mountain bikes.

Kenda, we'll see you again when we need new rubber!

20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of Kool & The Gang
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of Kool & The Gang
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like disco, you'll like this, July 21, 2015
If you like disco, you'll like this. OK, I admit it, my HS and college years overlapped those now embarrassing silk shirts, leisure suits, and, yes, the age of disco. The shirts are gone as are the leisure suits, but there is a part of me that still likes some disco sounds now and again, and Kool and Gang did disco as well as anyone and better than most.

If you are a true Kool and the Gang fan you will already own most if not all of the tracks on this album, so this is not for you. But, if you are like me, and Kool and the Gang was enjoyed but not a musical focus, but you enjoy having some on hand, then this is a great collection.

As on many greatest hits albums the producers inserted some, well, IMO, not so greatest hits, but the ratio of hits with staying power to those that are lacking is good. For me 8 of the 11 tracks were readily recognizable and still appear occasionally on oldies stations. One of these tracks has gained recent renewed popularity because of its use in the movie "Wreck-It Ralph" where the track Celebration is featured. That's a fun movie and a fun song.

My break even point in deciding whether to buy any album is whether the value is better buying the entire album or just buying the tracks that I'm most interested in. In this case, I jumped on it when I saw this album listed in as a recent $5 MP3 album. Eight great tracks for $5 was a great deal!

Now these tracks appear regularly on my playlists.

BTW, if you are a newcomer to Kool and the Gang, not only is their music enjoyable, but they are fun to watch. They performed back in the day when presentation was just as important as the music. I love their music videos. They often all wore white shoes, danced in unison, and they have a great horn line, rely on driving bass to keep things going, and the lead singer's voice is fantastic. They play danceable music and romantic ballads.

5 stars for fans of disco, both old and new
1 star for everyone else...but I'm at least a part time fan, so 5 STARS :-)

Pure '80s: #1s
Pure '80s: #1s
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 18 tracks, 14 that IMO were hits and still have lots of staying power, a great price, a great deal, July 15, 2015
This review is from: Pure '80s: #1s (MP3 Music)
Let's keep this short and sweet.

This album has 18 original tracks (original artists, popular versions) from the 1980s. Of these I'd probably eventually end up with as many as 14 tracks even if purchased individually. There are a few tracks that are real dogs, as there always seem to be on these compilation albums, but the rest are fun and if you were around in the 80s you'd recognize just about all of the music.

I jumped at this when I saw it on an Amazon $5 digital music sale. For 14 tracks that I quite like that worked out to only about $0.35/track. SWEET!

Many of these are now part of my regular playlists.

5 stars, for sure.