Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Phaestus > Reviews

Browse

Phaestus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Phaestus RSS Feed

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent, October 9, 2012
We tested this scale by weighing the same item several times. The scale gave a different weight each time. When we changed items, it would sometimes give the weight of the previous item. This scale does not work properly.

BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Phone, Black (T-Mobile)
BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Phone, Black (T-Mobile)

2.0 out of 5 stars Phone is ok - T-Mobile is not, July 12, 2007
This phone was expensive, but appeared to offer a lot of features. It does, and in general the use of it is good. But changing settings is cryptic (especially compared with Motorola Razor). I prefer texting on the Razor.

After a few months of normal use, it looks pretty worn out. My previous phone (Razor) looked good for much longer.

Also after a few months, I tired of the email and web features and turned them off.

Also, being a Mac user, this phone is limited in friendliness.

Part of the reason I got this phone is the T-Mobile MyFaves feature. Since my wife was with T-Mobile and I pretty much talk only to her, I decided to switch to T-Mobile. The use of MyFaves was great at first (I like the animation) and easy, until T-Mobile started charging me for calls placed to my wife (my main Fav, of course).

When I called T-Mobile about it, they claimed that I took her off of MyFavs. Coincidentally, the time of this change occurred when the phone had crashed on me, and I had to restart it. Now, T-Mobile is demanding that I pay for hundreds of dollars in calls. They have adamantly refused to believe that the phone has always displayed my wife as my main Fav. The "supervisor" I spoke with flatly refused to believe there could possibly be any technical problem. Naturally, I am just a lowly consumer without photographic or electronic records of the status of my phone, so I am sure I will lose in the end.

In synthesis, be aware. This phone has some serious problems that can cost you.

On that note, my wife also received an expensive new phone from T-Mobile by mail and was billed for it, although she did not order it. T-Mobile insisted she ordered it and demanded payment; when she demanded proof that she ordered the phone, T-Mobile recanted their story and refunded her money. This incident, in combination with mine, has raised serious doubts in my mind about the integrity and intentions of T-Mobile.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2007 10:30 AM PDT

H&R Block Taxcut 2006 Premium Federal + State + Efile
H&R Block Taxcut 2006 Premium Federal + State + Efile
5 used & new from $8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Software is average and extras cost more, May 2, 2007
The software was average in use (but I am a little spoiled by Apple); I got lost a few times trying to navigate when trying to file an extension: the software did not seem to realize that I already prepared my taxes. After I figured that out, they charged me to file the extension. I do not recall having to pay for that with TurboTax last year.

Sex: The Secret Gate to Eden DVD: Alchemy, Tantra, and Kabbalah in the Mysteries of Adam and Eve
DVD ~ Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to describe, May 2, 2007
I find this film very hard to describe or summarize. The concepts and information are so deep and overwhelming that my mind is spinning. I have studied a lot of tantra and mysticism, and see now how wrong so many books and videos have been. This video makes everything so clear and real that I feel both grateful for the insight and ashamed of my foolishness. I am deeply grateful to the filmmakers, and hope that many people get the message.

Decoding the Past: Secrets of Kabbalah (History Channel)
Decoding the Past: Secrets of Kabbalah (History Channel)
DVD ~ Michael Berg
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $5.38
17 used & new from $3.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Typical, May 2, 2007
This is pretty standard tv: watered down, without any real insight or usefulness. I suppose it is ok as an introduction to one way of viewing the history, but like all history, it is really just a collection of repeated opinions. I liked Sex: The Secret Gate to Eden a lot better.

The Secret (Extended Edition)
The Secret (Extended Edition)
DVD ~ Rhonda Byrne
Offered by Beyond Words Publishing
Price: $6.98
210 used & new from $0.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes, your mind does create your life, May 2, 2007
All of the great messengers have said it, including Jesus, Buddha, etc. But this is what happens when our ancient heritage becomes a money-making tool: the true meaning is [...] or lost. This video is just another in a long list of examples of how the mind of humanity has become so [...]: if the suppositions of this video were true, there would be no suffering in the world. For if everything is manifested by our thoughts, then who is creating all the poverty, starvation, war, deforestation, and worse? The followers of this latest fad ignore the basic law of all matter and energy: there are consequences for our every action. It is true that "we become what we think" (as Buddha said) - but the problem is that we fail to realize that what we are now is a result of flawed thinking. Thus it makes sense to first recognize our flaws and change them, otherwise we will continue to deepen the suffering of the world. What else is every religion saying but that? First become a good person - not merely with the intention to be good, but actually good - free of the causes of suffering. Good places to start? Try the real, eternal wisdom of the ancient scriptures: the Bhagavad-gita, the Bible, the Koran, the Dhammapada, the Vedas, the Eddas, and many more. Such ancient wisdom has proven its value and is not trying to make money or become famous. If you really want some potent wisdom, try the DVD Sex: The Secret Gate to Eden and the books of Samael Aun Weor.