Profile for S. Lobos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Lobos "slobos" RSS Feed (Houston.TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eForCity 2 Packs Silicone Controller Case Combo: Blue / Red Compatible with Sony PlayStation PS4
Offered by Everydaysource
Price: $6.32
3 used & new from $2.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice covers for your PS4 controllers., April 3, 2014
These silicone cases fit nicely on my controllers and offer nice protection. Just feels natural when holding it. Good stuff!

The Peace Warrior Trilogy - Omnibus
The Peace Warrior Trilogy - Omnibus
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Trilogy!, October 8, 2013
I thought the trilogy was a great Sci-Fi read. Took my mind places that I thought only video games could. I grew to care for all of the characters as each had their own unique personality adequately displayed in the book (Even the bad guys). The story really drew me in and kept wanted to read the next page...and then the next chapter. Couldn't recommend this book more.

Sharkoon X-Tatic Air Gaming Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 and PS3
Sharkoon X-Tatic Air Gaming Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 and PS3
Price: $109.00
9 used & new from $41.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound is just good enough..., April 29, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, so I had a pair of Sharkoon X-Tatic SR Gaming Headset with Dolby Headphone Technology for XBOX 360/PS3/PC and loved them. Sound was awesome and really comfortable but I couldn't stand the wires. Ended up selling those to purchase the Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue which were pretty good but were not the most comfortable headsets available so I sold those to purchase the Sharkoon X-tatic Airs.

Now on to these, after a little research I discovered that Sharkoon had produced a wireless headset. After the good experience I had with my previous Sharkoons I thought it was a no brainer to buy these, especially at the discounted price. Here are my thoughts on these headset and keep in mind that I'm not a audio enthusiast but have had my fair share of headsets(Mainly Stereo).

COMFORT:
They are super light weight and feel like they lay perfectly on your head. I felt close to no pressure on my ears when I had them on so I'm sure I could put long gaming sessions with no discomfort. The padding is placed exactly where it needs to be.

SOUND:
This is a department where these headsets lack. As the title says, the sound is just good enough. I have these connected directly to my TV through the Audio Out input where I've connected all of my headsets. At it's highest setting, the headset sound just feels nerfed. With my other headsets if I had it too loud I would have to reduce the volume of it. With these I want to turn them up but it won't go any higher. With that said, the sound is still pretty decent but it doesn't have that "kick" that a headset should have.

FEATURES:
I really like what you get with the headset. The stand with the recharging capabilities (Comes with extra rechargeable batteries) is a nice touch and will ensure that you'll be gaming continuously. Everything was easy to set up and I was gaming in no time.

Overall, I'm happy with the Sharkoon Airs even though the sound could be better but it meets two of my important needs: (1 being wireless (2 comfortable.

Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon PGI225 and CLI226 (1 Large Black 1 Small Black 1 Cyan 1 Magenta 1 Yellow) 5 Pack
Offered by Office Valley
Price: $5.58
41 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly on my Canon PIXMA MX892!!, April 29, 2013
Works great and at a fraction of the price of the Canon ink replacement. Will definitely be buying more when ink runs low!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for my needs!, November 5, 2012
I'm not a camera person by any means but I can without a doubt say that this camera takes some quality pictures. I'm not sure what the best settings or features a good camera should have but the Olypus XZ-1 is very user friendly in that it has preset settings with options for certain situations that you're planning to take pictures in. For example, took the camera to my son's soccer game. There was a setting that was specifically for snaps of moving objects. The shots I took came out great and without any motion blur. Can't say enough how happy I am with this camera. I would absolutely recommend it.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Nintendo 3DS
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Nintendo 3DS
Price: $15.79
86 used & new from $5.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lego game on the 3DS!, June 20, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, so my 5 year old son loves Lego games. He plays Lego Indiana Jones on the Xbox but usually has trouble with some of the puzzles so I usually join him to help beat the levels. I eventually bought him Lego Indiana Jones 2 DS version but forget it, controls were clunky and puzzles were harder. Then I saw this game was going to be released soon so I kept in on my radar. I eventually downloaded the demo and thought it played very well so I decided it would be worth the purchase. My son has been playing it and I can gladly say he is enjoying. The controls are smooth and he's is plowing through the levels with ease. The puzzle sequences are so well put together to where they're not too hard but yet it gives him a challenge. It almost walks him through it. For example: When he completes a puzzle, coins will appear and show him where to jump or which direction to go. The level design is great along with the gameplay. I do think the handheld version is geared more towards the younger crowd but it doesn't mean its not a good game because it is. I often have to stop myself from snatching the 3DS from my son. :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 5:01 PM PDT

PDP PSVita Pull 'N Go Folio
PDP PSVita Pull 'N Go Folio
Offered by Adam's Miscellaneous Merchandise
Price: $51.99
9 used & new from $32.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch!!!, February 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I initially bought the PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch but after putting in the AC adapter and charging cables it left little space for the PS Vita. I almost had to tug at it to get it in and zip it up. So to prevent it from potentionally scratching it in the future, I decided to return the case and get this one. I couldn't be more happier. It's not as big as I thought it was which is a good thing! It's about 2 inches bigger all around than a CD case. The case that actually hold the Vita itself is great. It's aligned with a soft mesh material and has 2 slits inside where the analog sticks can easily slide in. The net inside will easily hold the charging cables and adapter and the game card slots does the job perfectly. I'll probably never fill all of those slots with games but it's good to have the extra space.

I went to Gamestop to buy the pouch because its either temprorily out of stock here or its being sold way more than its actual price.

All in all, I think this is a fantastic case for the PS Vita. If you're not completely happy with the Travel Pouch I definitely recommend this to anyone.

G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System (Xbox 360/ PS3 Not included)
G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System (Xbox 360/ PS3 Not included)
Offered by Quickndone Electronics
Price: $219.99
16 used & new from $161.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I thought it would be!!, December 1, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had my mind set on buying a PS Vita as my Christmas gift to satisfy my gaming on the go but after hearing its release was being pushed back to 2012 I decided to look for an alternative. All my research lead to this thing of beauty. After looking up reviews and watching a bunch of videos, the PS Vita took the back seat and the G155 was all I wanted. I was fortunate enough to get it at a great price during the BF sale. I'm not going to restate why this machine is so great because most reviewers already have. I just want to show my support to GAEMS for making such an awesome device. Don't hesistate to buy it, because you'll be asking yourself why you hadn't bought it sooner.

Seinfeld: The Complete Series
Seinfeld: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Jerry Seinfeld
33 used & new from $88.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Seinfeld Colllection!!, September 27, 2011
I'm such a Sienfeld fan that after buying the whole series individually by season, I sold them all so that I could have The Complete Series boxset and all of the extras. The Coffee table book itself is worth it alone to me. Another plus about having this boxset is that all the DVDs are packaged in 2 booklet cases so now I won't have to fumble through the individual seasons.

I was lucky enough to buy this during a Lightning Deal and pick it up at a great price. All the other reviews explain why this boxset is so great, I'm just happy to finally own it.

ESPN Films: 30 for 30 Limited Edition Collector Set
ESPN Films: 30 for 30 Limited Edition Collector Set
DVD ~ Allen Iverson
18 used & new from $59.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Box set!!!, June 23, 2011
Picked up this Collector's set when Amazon had a One-day sale. The price was right but I had never heard of the ESPN Films so I decided to do some research. Came on this site and saw nothing but 5 Star reviews, checked out a few trailers and decided to bite. So far I've only watched 2 Films(Once Brothers & The Best that Never was) and if this is any indication of how the rest of the Films are going to be than I made a great purchase. Even with the stories taking place 20+ years ago, I felt that I was right there with them. That's how well these films are directed.

As for the Box Set itself, it's basically the 2 individual volumes and a hat packaged in a neat black 8x10 box. I'd be proud to display it in my shelf.

All in all, great product for any sports fan or even someone that likes watching documentaries.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4