Profile for Moira French > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Moira French RSS Feed (Marietta, Georgia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Set of 24 Tramontina Commercial Steak Knives NEW
Set of 24 Tramontina Commercial Steak Knives NEW
Offered by RADIO CITY
Price: $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for beef, not so good for cold butter, December 27, 2014
I judge a knife by how it cuts cold butter. I found these commercial knives were great for cutting prime rib - really, really good. But this morning when I used one to cut cold butter, I noticed it couldn't get through. It kept trying to grab it and ended up slipping. So I grabbed my other Tramontina knife - sold by Amazon as the 5" Diamant steak knife - and it cut the butter perfectly several times with no slipping. The blade is shaped differently and obviously that makes a big difference.

Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Stereo Audio Cable (4 Feet) - Step Down Design
Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Stereo Audio Cable (4 Feet) - Step Down Design
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely sold on this cord, December 11, 2014
Well, am I surprised! We were listening to the Doobie Brothers using a cheap auxiliary cord, and my husband said, "Hon, there's a whole guitar missing. It's not there." That very day, this cord arrived from Amazon. I put it in, and lo and behold, the missing guitar came through loud and clear. Explain that! I can't, but I sure am sold on this quality item.

Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker, 3-Quart, Blue
Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker, 3-Quart, Blue
Price: $30.25
38 used & new from $24.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for us, December 11, 2014
We bought this to replace a 2-quart one that broke. It doesn't spill at all. We use 3 family size decaffeinated tea bags, and two Bigelow Peach Tea with 1 1/2 cups of sugar placed in the pitcher. We've had no problem with it.

Darice 6206 Brass Plated Candle Lamp with On/Off Sensor
Darice 6206 Brass Plated Candle Lamp with On/Off Sensor
Price: $6.64
18 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, December 11, 2014
These are GREAT. I am so tired of battery operated candles with their weak orange light. I bought two of these instead. My last corded ones with 7 watt bulbs were too bright, but somehow these 7 watt bulbs are just right! Just right looking in from the outside, and just right on the inside of the room - not too bright, not too faint. They are very lightweight so the trick is that you have to buy these to go with them: Adams Christmas 1550-99-1040 Window Candle Clamps, 4-Pack. However, I had to get my husband to put the clamps on because they are very tight and I was not strong enough to fit the clamp around the candle. But he managed to do it easily. Now they are attached to the window, resting on the sill. Perfect. I love the way they go on and off automatically depending on the light. Thank goodness I read all the reviews first and bought the clamp that attaches the candle to the window. Saved me a big headache. Personally I think they are too lightweight to stay on a window sill without tipping over but I may be wrong.

Furniture of America Gardenia Button Tufted Fabric Headboard, Full/Queen, Ivory
Furniture of America Gardenia Button Tufted Fabric Headboard, Full/Queen, Ivory
Offered by Furniture Creations
Price: $149.17
2 used & new from $149.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent headboard, December 9, 2014
I needed a low headboard for my guestroom, because the bed is in the bay window. I needed all the light I could get, and I didn't want it visible through the window from the outside. So that's why I chose this headboard - 42 inches tall. I like that the material is soft and the pattern is pretty. It was fairly easy to put together and attached to the bed frame with no problem. One thing to be aware of is that it is a little darker than it appears on my monitor. I would say it is the color of sand when it is wet.

WalterDrake Headboard Light
WalterDrake Headboard Light
Offered by Miles Kimball Company
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little light ..., December 9, 2014
This is a good little light. I had to buy one for my guest room when I realized that my bedside lamps wouldn't really be tall enough to allow anyone to read a book in bed. This slips over the headboard. It uses a 40 watt bulb. And it looks attractive. This was a great inexpensive fix!

TRAMONTINA 80020/005 "DIAMANT" STEAK KNIFE - 5"
TRAMONTINA 80020/005 "DIAMANT" STEAK KNIFE - 5"
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $5.39
6 used & new from $1.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely LOVE this knife, November 17, 2014
18 years ago, my sister gave me a dozen of these but one by one, they got loose from being left overnight in water. So I bought these and have been completely happy with them. They are serrated on both sides which is very important. They cut very cold butter. They also cut steak just fine, and they are great for cutting vegetables. They are very, very sharp. I also love that this knife is lightweight and not too fat. For people who give this knife a bad review, I'm sure it's just not what they were looking for. Some people want a lightweight very sharp knife, and this is it. If you want something weightier and more substantial, this is not what you are looking for.

Sloggers Women's  Premium Garden Clog with Premium Insole Insole,  Kiwi Green  - Wo's size 7 - Style 260KW07
Sloggers Women's Premium Garden Clog with Premium Insole Insole, Kiwi Green - Wo's size 7 - Style 260KW07
Price: $21.52
13 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made but somewhat limited use, November 17, 2014
I bought two pairs of these because I needed something to slip into quickly when I have to run out and water all my plants, or get leaves and blossoms off the top of the pool, or run up to the mailbox. For that, they are great. But if you have any other garden work, you'll need something different. If you are distributing mulch from a big pile, for instance, the pieces get in the shoes. And if you're digging holes with a spade, you'll need tougher shoes. I also noticed in the summer that if my shoes got wet and then I started to get sweaty and dirty, the shoes had to be washed. The insert has to come out so you can wash it. I had Crocs with holes for years and was perfectly happy with those because when feet get wet, the shoes wash off easily and dry easily. The insert in these shoes has to come out for the shoe to dry properly. BUT they are very well made and for certain purposes they are really good. Just limited.

Garmin nüvi 2555LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps and Traffic
Price: $124.19
59 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a good choice, November 17, 2014
I bought a Magellan and ended up 60 miles to the north on a country road before I realized where I was heading. Took it back, researched GPSes on Amazon, and bought this one. Have been nothing but happy with this in every way. My husband loves it too. I left it in the car when my out-of-town son-in-law was here with two very young kids and he said it was a godsend for finding things. He put in "IHOP," and within no time he was headed to the nearest IHOP. He LOVED it. Of course if everyone has a smart phone you don't need it, but even with my smart phone, I still use this. I just like it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2014 7:15 PM PST

Intex River Run I Sport Lounge, Inflatable Water Float, 53" Diameter
Intex River Run I Sport Lounge, Inflatable Water Float, 53" Diameter
Price: $19.38
60 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this product, November 17, 2014
Bought two which very quickly got holes IN MY SWIMMING POOL. Thought I had a bad batch so bought them again. Same thing - got a hole IN MY SWIMMING POOL. My 6 dollar lounge made from thin plastic lasted all summer. These were gone in days. I am cured. Will NEVER buy these again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3