Profile for J. Blumers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Blumers "Ginkle" RSS Feed (New Jersey)

CableWholesale 25-Feet 2 RCA Male/3.5mm Stereo Male Cable (2RCA-STE-25)
CableWholesale 25-Feet 2 RCA Male/3.5mm Stereo Male Cable (2RCA-STE-25)
Price: $3.69
18 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 9, 2012
It works as expected. It doesn't feel high quality and the RCA connectors are pretty weak. But I'm using this in my car behind the dash so I just taped the connectors together with electrical tape. The 3.5mm jack works very nicely.

eForCity® Clear Screen Protectors / Covers Compatible with Motorola Droid RAZR XT910, 3-Pack Combo
Offered by Boho Tronics (Proudly Ships From the USA)
Price: $1.33
8 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, August 9, 2012
That's about it; they work. They don't cover the entire glass face (which I had hoped they would) but that's alright. The adhesive seems to hold well and I was able to get them on without any bubbles or dust. The trick is using a credit card. I suggest you look it up on youtube.

Alpine M-bus to RCA Cable
Alpine M-bus to RCA Cable
Offered by AUDIO WATT STORE
Price: $4.99
4 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, August 9, 2012
Worked as expected. Not much more that I could have asked for. It doesn't feel very high quality, but it does the job.

Clingo Universal Hands-Free Car Mount for iPhone 4, 3G/3GS, and All Cell Phones and Mobile Devices
6 used & new from $13.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Update*** No. Just No. Original*** Was skeptical at first, but this thing works great!, August 9, 2012
UPDATE***

I have had the same problem as other users. It got really sticky to the point where I was afraid of damaging my devices. It also started leaving a residue. The last straw was when I couldn't get the suction cup to stick to my window. It was great for the first couple of months, but not a lasting product.

ORIGINAL POST***

This thing works great and looks sooo much better than the ones that clamp the phone from the sides. I have the Motorola Driod RAZR with the Kevlar back and was worried that the pad would not stick to it. I'm glad to report that I was wrong. The mount holds the phone very well even when the phone is hot from running GPS. Other reviews have complained about the adhesive degrading over time because of the heat. I have only had it for about 2 weeks but since then it has sat in my car (with a black interior) at probably up to 120°F. If it starts to degrade, I'll update this review, but otherwise it has worked flawlessly since I purchased it on July 18, 2012. My only complaint is that it wobbles a tiny bit. My car has a pretty low suspension so every potholes make the phone shake a little. But don't let this dissuade you from getting it, it's a very minor annoyance compared to how well it works overall. Not to mention, it looks great!

One more thing; it comes with a plastic disc the size of the suction cup with adhesive on the back (Like this: AP020 Adapter Circular Adhesive Console I guess the idea is that you could stick the adhesive to the dash or window and attach the suction cup to the plastic disc. I don't use it, but it could be very helpful if you want to mount it to something other than the windshield.

ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder
ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder
25 used & new from $75.25

5.0 out of 5 stars My friends with GoPros stare in jealousy. Great camera!, March 5, 2012
Length:: 0:33 Mins

Unlike past reviews, I do not have any issues with audio. When I received it, I noticed that the seal had been broken and then replaced which suggests to me that they did testing or something on it before repackaging. Great quality and the ease of use is soooo much higher than the GoPro. It really cuts out the whole "Is this thing on?" footage. I also like the laser.

The only complaint I have is that the mounts are expensive. Not a big deal though, as it is pretty easy to make your own. The quality is great; with the right software, cropping individual frames leads to awesome action shots.

I love the sleek design; much better than wearing a toaster (GoPro) on your helmet. I have fallen on it several times at racing speeds and have not had a problem. Great little camera.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 1:41 PM PDT