Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Big D > Reviews

Browse

Big D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Big D RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
Oranit: Crossed Lines
Oranit: Crossed Lines
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Complex, August 22, 2015
I took the reviews and took a chance with this book, I wish I had not. The author's style of writing is complex darting from weather to coffee as fast as a brain may do left to its own devices. The scene with the psychiatrist assuming various backgrounds in a single conversation is very weird. Throw in a relatively large number of characters from various nations and religions with a complex murder and you are one busy reader. Its like cramming for SATS, I read to relax not create stress. I did something I've only done once or twice before I aborted the book without finishing. If you're brave, go for it; if not....pass.

Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, White, HX5610/30

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails in the long run. Value not present., June 24, 2015
Avoid.

The toothbrush does a good job where it fails is in its longevity. This is the second Sonicare that failed in about a year's time. This is not acceptable. Manufacturers need to design product for the longer term while asking buyers to pay a premium for their product.

Patriarch Run
Patriarch Run
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I stopped reading the book, it was jumping all over the place., December 29, 2014
This review is from: Patriarch Run (Kindle Edition)
I gave up reading this book after a few chapters as it jumped around too much and I unsure of what was happening and the timeline. I speed read and that may contribute to my failure to grasp the chronology. I may try again a day when the reader is able to better focus.

The Blackhouse: The Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: The Lewis Trilogy
by Peter May
Price: $11.71
105 used & new from $4.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Get this book! You will enjoy it!, September 23, 2014
I am reticent to review books on Amazon when you all are amazing at doing so, however, this book in particular touched me as exceptional on many levels. Of course, the characters are key along with learning more about a remote culture, a historical trip that few take annually that may signify passage from young adult to manhood, learning the truth of a terrible secret, returning to a childhood home to investigate whether a crime there relates to an ongoing case elsewhere.

I've always wondered why some books rise and some do not, is it publisher support, marketing, reviews, reviewers, gross sales, luck, all of those factors and some I have no concept of understanding without entering the fray. This book should have made it through rising to a reasonable status, it's that good.

Kitchenaid KUDS30IXSS Superba Series Dishwasher
Kitchenaid KUDS30IXSS Superba Series Dishwasher

1.0 out of 5 stars Think again....this one is not even close to acceptable., January 27, 2013
We bought this dishwasher because we have been happy with Kitchenaid products in the past, this one crashes that belief on the rocks. As consumers buying items such as this infrequently places us at a disadvantage unless we share experiences on sites such as this. To be an expert today one must be involved daily and cars, dishwashers, mortgages and a slew of other things make such a list.

This dishwasher does not clean dishes, uses too much energy and water. The dishes are never truly dry when we go to put them away. I've taken to opening the dishwasher door, jiggling the upper and lower rack and leaving the door open for a couple of hours before putting them away.

On the positive side, the dishwasher is quiet. All well and good, I'd prefer a lot of noise and less of the negatives.

The rack could have been designed by Marquis de Sade with all the grooves, angles that, no doubt, fit the dishes they used in the mock up. Unfortunately, the dishes we own are not the same design. The racks are intended to slant the dishes to the water dispersal jets, however, the loading and unloading is complicated by the designer's intention.

Think again before buying this Kitchenaid.

A Circle in the Woods
A Circle in the Woods

2.0 out of 5 stars Unique Book......unique approach.....find an ending....please., November 30, 2012
Knowing the book was unique along with the style among other features, I moved right in thinking "how much can I get hurt?" Having completed the book a couple of hours ago the answer is a greater than "somewhat" and less than "a lot."

The author's style is ahead of the curve, no question, and it might work IF he had found a way to tie the story together so those of us a bit less advanced can understand the resolution/ending.

I may even offer a free trip to SoCal so he can explain the ending to me, I'd really like to know. He introduces new characters in the last 30 pages, who does that? It's a puzzle to me, is that what he intended? Doubtful. Should I read it again searching for more less obvious clues as to how to tie it together? I would except I seldom, if ever, reread a book unless I read it in college and choose to ht it again.

If you enjoy a "mystery" within a mystery this book maybe for you. As intriguing as it is, it's just not for me. Guess I'm partial to people who paint closer to the lines even if they are outside.

Broan 15" Trash Compactor - Stainless Steel Door 15SS
Broan 15" Trash Compactor - Stainless Steel Door 15SS
4 used & new from $1,217.37

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, October 5, 2012
I bought this compactor because of Broan's reputation and quality. What a mistake.

My pet peeve: You have to open a door to access the trash container and then, throw the trash in. Wasted motion and inconvenient. Very.

Why not a small door that one can drop the trash down a chute into the main cavity.

Avoid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 4:49 PM PDT

The Good Lawyer: A Novel
The Good Lawyer: A Novel
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done., June 28, 2012
I avoid reviews as most of them are negative and cite factors not related to the book for example, poor delivery by Amazon.

I took a chance here and was very pleasantly surprised, this book is a excellent The Good Lawyer: A Novelread. Give it a chance, I think you'll like it.

I got it on my Kindle as I am one of those who refuses to purchase a Kindle version that is more expensive than a paperback - publishers and their pricing be dammed.

An Act of Self-Defense
An Act of Self-Defense
Price: $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Overwritten or under edited, February 18, 2012
Seldom do I review a book allowing potential buyers to arrive at their own decision.

For this book I have to warn those considering a purchase this book suffers greatly from overkill of the author's view. Every page reiterates his political view.

Enough already, I get it.

It is desperate for an editor to chop about one third of the book out (if not more).

If you are bored and want to burn some extra time, this is the book for you.

Defense Technology First Defense 1.3% MK-9 Stream OC Aerosol
Defense Technology First Defense 1.3% MK-9 Stream OC Aerosol
Offered by Reliable Values
Price: $60.56
8 used & new from $60.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Ways to improve product, November 22, 2011
This is a wonderful product that could only be improved by having it sprayed in the faces of members of Congress who have failed accomplish any significant legislation in this session.

Using DT 56895 on members of Congress may loosen the gridlock created by dogma allowing politicians to see how the country is suffering as a result.

Lets start with members of the so called Super Committee who most recently demonstrated their inability to act like thinking adults who put America first. Today, they should be known as the Super Dud.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2011 2:14 PM PST