Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Galaxy Note 3 Case, i-Blason N9000 Smart Phone Leather Slim Book Case Cover with Stand Feature for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, May 5, 2014
I bought a very similar item for my last phone, a Nexus 4. I liked it a great deal, and got many compliments on the utility of it. This one is better. Part of that is of course the larger phone... more storage space in the "wallet" portion of the case. But, the quality of the material seems higher and the absence of a snap (replaced by a magnet) makes it more streamlined. I will undoubtedly cut off the magnetic strap as this phone and case are destined for my back pocket, just like the last one.

SHARKK Gray Aluminum Wallet Credit Card Holder Made By SHARKK Brands
SHARKK Gray Aluminum Wallet Credit Card Holder Made By SHARKK Brands
Offered by SHARKK
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but unecessarily bulky., November 21, 2013
Holds a good amount of cards, but the size is larger than anticipated. Given the price the quality is good. There is a lot of plastic involved here which increases the bulk. Had this been made with just metal like an old fashioned cigarette case it might have been better.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as it looks, April 27, 2013
I bought this to replace an ancient expensive mouse that has finally died. Until I actually plugged it in and started using it, I didn't realize how inferior it is.

The shape seems right, but now I realize there is no space for my third finger, and as a result it just hangs over the side on top of my pinky. The entire top of this mouse is taken up by the two buttons. On my old, very popular, mouse, there is just a little space outside the buttons where that third finger can rest.

There are no weights, and I wasn't expecting any. However the mouse is lighter than anticipated, and too light for me. After all these years I need that weight.

Finally, the mouse is sturdy enough and yet the lack of weight and hollow feel just make it seem cheap.

I got what I paid for and I'm sure many people will like it, but I will have to pass it along to someone else and get a better one.

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga [Online Game Code]
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic RPG, September 1, 2012
I have played a huge number of RPGs over the years, and this is one of the best. I can honestly think of 5 or 6 games that were better for different reasons, but only one or two single player RPGs have kept me occupied happily for over 250 hours.
Combat can be challenging at times, depending on class selection and the specific point in the early game. All classes do eventually get easy, but they may also have varied combat lengths... playing an archer the first time through took probably 120 hours.
There is a strong story line but cartoonish acting. You will always know what you are doing and why, and you will feel you need to do every quest to level up, as there is always that sense that you have to be ready for what is coming.
Perhaps my biggest complaint is that the early game has a lot of auto saves, and goes on long enough that when they start coming far less frequently you WILL be caught off guard and you WILL have to replay up to an hour of game, more than once. Also, later in the game there are a series of "flying citadel" dungeon types that are long to clear and a bit repetitive.
There are technically two games here, but knitted together seamlessly. It will feel like 3 or 4 games due to varied (huge)locations. This game will likely not move you like KOTOR or ME2, but you will enjoy your time and I can't imagine a better gaming value given its regular pricing.

HDE Non-Contact Infrared IR Temperature Gun Digital Thermometer
HDE Non-Contact Infrared IR Temperature Gun Digital Thermometer
Offered by HDE
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy tool for a good price, August 1, 2011
I'm sure there are more accurate and better constructed temperature guns, but this works just fine. It displays a max temp reached during the trigger press, so if a temperature is fluctuating quickly you get a meaningful number.

Samsung Blu-Ray Internal SATA Drive with Lightscribe SH-B083L/BSBP (Black)
Samsung Blu-Ray Internal SATA Drive with Lightscribe SH-B083L/BSBP (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent bargain, September 10, 2010
I have yet to find any problem with this drive at all. Granted, the benchmark software I used gave odd results compared to my old (expensive at the time) DVD drive, but actual performance has been wonderful. I have yet to see any stumble or pause in any Blu-ray title. I am of course using good play-back software that cost more than the actual drive.
For any who have not yet done this I want to add some comments in general about Blu-ray. Ever since I switched to LCD monitors I have been disappointed with the way DVDs worked on them. I was always seeing dropped frames that made my brain think I was seeing slow motion when in fact it was something else. This drive along with PowerDVD 10 and Blu-ray disks make everything look just as smooth as the theater.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2010 12:40 PM PDT

Sony MEX-BT3800U In-Dash CD Receiver MP3/WMA/AAC Player with Bluetooth (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice value, June 23, 2010
I was able to install this in minutes myself, thanks to compatibility with the kit I had installed years ago with the first stereo I bought for the car. The wiring was standard and matched what I had in place, and verifying that was the hardest part of the install.
The first thing I noticed was the excellent reception in both FM and AM, far better than the old CD stereo. The controls were more useful and the options at no point left me wanting. I did need to tweak balance and find the right EQ setting. The manual walked me through the bluetooth setup with my phone quickly, although it does take a little getting used to if, like me, you have never used a device like this. I used an external mic, still in testing.
Connecting my Sansa Fuze to the front aux in worked as expected. CDs also sound good. I have not tested the USB.
The unit will beep over the speakers 3 times after the ignition is off, to remind you to remove the faceplate. Not so needed in my town but I like the reminder.
The largest con I have so far is the lack of faceplate case. Second to this would be the rather obscure off switch, located immediately NW of the large knob in the picture.

Nathanael Greene: A Biography of the American Revolution
Nathanael Greene: A Biography of the American Revolution
by Gerald M. Carbone
Price: $14.37
61 used & new from $3.61

3.0 out of 5 stars A survey of his military career, May 8, 2010
I found this book to be an acceptable introduction to Nathanael Greene, but it left me with no real impression of the individual.
What this book really does well is to offer a seemingly balanced critique of Nathanael Greene's generalship abilities. I would accept that if the book was more balanced overall, offering more insight into his personality, but I would rather get a primarily military analysis from someone more qualified. I can't fault the author's journalistic credentials or his actual writing skills, but I do think there is more to be gleaned regarding the personality of Greene. It seems to me that should have been a much larger focus for Mr. Carbone, rather than battlefield recaps.