Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for buttonskay > Reviews

Browse

buttonskay's Profile

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

buttonskay RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sovereign Silver is the best brand of colloidal silver!, October 12, 2011
I have been a user of colloidal silver for a while now..I usually always buy Sovereign Silver brand. Recently was unable to purchase SS brand, so I ordered a different brand...big mistake! When I opened it and went to use it I noticed it was a dark yellow gold color, almost like rusty water...I did some research and found that any color to colloidal silver is a sign of an inferior product. So, I sent it back and luckily my Sovereign Silver was back in!! I ordered it in, got it today, and it is clear as bell, like water!! I will stick with Sovereign Silver from now on!! Period!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 8:18 PM PDT

Source Naturals Wellness Colloidal Silver, 2 Ounce
Source Naturals Wellness Colloidal Silver, 2 Ounce
Price: $11.48
10 used & new from $6.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Colloidal silver is great, this brand not so much..., October 12, 2011
Update 10/15/2012:
I appreciate all of the comments to my review. I just want to say I know what ppm means. With much research (mind you I am not a doctor, nor do I play one anywhere...) my research finds that the optimal color for colloidal silver is clear to light/pale yellow. Colors that are dark gold, orange, red, blue, black, etc. are a sign that the silver may have begun to "clump" together. I still use colloidal silver, and I still buy Sovereign Silver brand. The main thing is for you to do your research and buy what you think is best for you. That is one of the great things about feedback/reviews.
I have used colloidal silver for many things. I usually buy Sovereign Silver brand. The last bottle I ordered of it had a broken dropper (they have a glass dropper). I decided to try Source Naturals brand as it has good reviews, and price per ounce is comparable...Well, I got it in, and when I opened and went to use it, I noticed that it is a dark yellow gold color...looks rusty almost...Well, I thought maybe that is not unusual, maybe it is just the brand...as Sovereign Silver is always clear, looks like water. I did some research, and found that colloidal silver really should be clear, any color is a sign of an inferior product. Now inferior does not necessarily mean bad for you...but I didn't want to take the chance. I sent it back and re-ordered Sovereign Silver brand...It came in today, I opened it and it is clear as a bell. So, for me, I will be sticking with Sovereign Silver brand.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2014 5:42 AM PDT

Godinger Satin Wedding Album 4 X 6
Godinger Satin Wedding Album 4 X 6
Offered by DF Vendors
Price: $31.99
3 used & new from $25.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but now the price has almost doubled..??..., September 27, 2011
I would give this 5 stars as far as the quality of the frame, it made a great wedding gift. So much so that I need another gift for another wedding, came back to buy another one, and price is way more than it was! I paid $14.99 with free shipping back in May...so, if you can find the album for that price, I say buy it! Actually, buy 2 or 3, as you never know when you can't find them or the price has almost doubled!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually use this as a free motion slider for quilting..., August 13, 2011
I actually bought this non-stick oven liner to make a free motion slider for my sewing machine quilting. They actually make what is called "The Supreme Slider", and a "Sew Slip"...but while pricing those, I found several people who recommended buying a non-stick oven liner, and adapting it to use instead...so, the price of this is half or over half the price of the above mentioned items...so, I bought it, took less than 2 minutes to set it up, and away I went with the sewing machine quilting...it works great, too! Big big thanks again...to Amazon!!! Another great price for another great item!!

Show Me How to Machine Quilt- Print on Demand Edition
Show Me How to Machine Quilt- Print on Demand Edition
by Kathy Sandbach
Price: $19.99
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I have several books on this subject, this is in my top 5..., August 8, 2011
I have umpteen books on quilting, and several are to do with machine quilting. I must say this is one of the best I have! It shows in detail actual quilting stitches the author has done, and I mean like where she put the fabric in, no marking, and just freestyled the stitches...it not only tells about how to set up for quilting by machine, different accessories you may use or need, etc, but for me it shows that the stitches can be quite lovely when you don't over think it, and draw them out...the "imperfectness" of the designs are what makes them so whimsical and it just works! For me, I had such a hard time thinking that all of the stitches and designs needed to be "right on spot" and I took out more than I left in...I was in a huge rut! This book came in, and this sounds "hokey", but it just made things "click" for me...the author uses examples throughout the book, and the last pages are all freestyle drawn design ideas, several pages for all different types of quilts...kids, adults, holidays, elegant, whimsical, etc...this is one book I will definitely keep!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated Review, Still love this machine, August 6, 2011
Update to my review:
I've been asked how I used a quilting guide with the walking foot on this machine.
I do fmq (free motion quilting) and outline quilting. As I haven't done grid quilting,I hadn't noticed that my machine did not have a quilting guide to use with the walking foot to do grid quilting. It has a walking foot, but there is no hole in the walking foot to insert a quilting guide.
Another buyer called Brother to ask how a quilting guide would work with this machine. Per Brother: This machine does not have a walking foot with a hole to utilize a quilting guide.
So if you're looking for a machine to do grid quilting, please keep in mind this machine does not have a quilting guide. I believe there are other ways to do grid quilting. I've seen tutorials showing the grid marked with painter's masking tape, or with a chalk marker.
Otherwise I still love this machine.

I used to be a "singer machine" gal, mainly as that's what my grandma always used, and what I learned on. The last Singer I bought, I just did not have good luck with it...so, I researched, and bought the Brother CS6000i here on Amazon....it is a great little machine for the price...then as time went on, and I started getting into quilting more and more, I decided I needed a few more features, mainly auto thread cutter and knee-lifter...so, back to Amazon, and bought the Brother PC-420. It, too, is a great machine! I actually probably would have not bought another machine if it had a larger throat space and was a little more "industrial" as far as stitching faster, and machine heavier...plus my husband has made me a frame for machine quilting, and I felt I needed something more substantial. So, off I went to do more research! I found that the Brother PQ1500 has all the options of some of the other "quilting" machines, for a lot less money...it is essentially the same machine as the Babylock BLQP-Quilter's Choice Pro, as a matter of fact, they look the same, and some have said they are...and the Juki TL 98Q is also very similar. The Brother is just less expensive...and I already knew that Brother makes great quality machines! As I have said before, in the quilting world, there are some who think you have to have a Janome, Babylock, etc...again I say "hogwash"! As a matter of fact, my quilting teacher has had to rethink her stance, and seems to now believe that the Brother machines do great with quilting!! I must also say that while my PC-420 does a great job, my PQ1500 is much faster with the quilting, after all it is a straight stitch only machine, up t0 1500 stitches a minute, so it does what its supposed to do...After I got the bobbin and top thread settings all set, I just started in with chain-piecing and then quilting my latest quilt. I could not believe how fast it is, how quiet it is, and how all of the stitches look perfect, no having to take out stitches due to "loopys" on back, etc...So, I now have the PQ1500 for my quilting, and the PC-420 for all the decorative stitching...I keep both machines set up in my quilt/sew room, and I use them both, just for different things. I did not buy the PQ1500 here, as I actually found a better price elsewhere; but the other 2 machines I did buy here, and I always have great service from Amazon!
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2015 4:10 PM PDT

Micro Vacuum Attachment Kit - 7 Piece
Micro Vacuum Attachment Kit - 7 Piece
Offered by Merchandise Mecca
Price: $7.38
34 used & new from $2.29

4.0 out of 5 stars vacuum works, plastic tubing smells awful..., June 13, 2011
I have to agree with some of the other reviews, the vacuum works, the plastic tubing smells terrible. It is not just a little "oh that smells kinda weird"...it has a horrible "chemically" smell, very strong and offensive! Even my husband, who really has a not too sensitive "sniffer", could smell this tubing! So, hubby was nice and got a different piece of tubing, and changed it out, so I will be able to keep and use the vacuum.

Prestige Medical Long Nurse Compression Socks, Black
Prestige Medical Long Nurse Compression Socks, Black
Offered by Valencia Discount Medical
Price: $6.98
8 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as more expensive brands..., June 13, 2011
Ordered 2 pair of these, one black, and one white. I thought for the price they would probably be light weight as far as compression...well, I am pleasantly surprised, as they are more like medium to heavy weight...husband had significant swelling of his left foot and ankle area due to having to wear an air cast on his leg. After wearing this sock for one day the swelling was 80% gone, and completely gone the next day! He says he thinks the white ones are even "tighter" than the black ones, though they both say one size fits all...so, if you are looking for a medium to heavy weight compression, these are great! Free shipping is added bonus!

Peerless P99575 Two Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet w/ Spray, Polished Chrome
Peerless P99575 Two Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet w/ Spray, Polished Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, looks and feels like a more expensive faucet..., June 9, 2011
This faucet looks really high-end, and works like a dream. I hope it stands up as well as it looks and performs now. The handles turn on/off very smoothly, and the high profile of the actual faucet spout really adds to the attractive look of the faucet.

Forever Roses - Small Bud Wooden Roses Bouquet - Dozen
Forever Roses - Small Bud Wooden Roses Bouquet - Dozen
Offered by Heartwarming Gifts & Novelties, LLC
Price: $5.74
10 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ok...just ok..., June 9, 2011
These are ok, and for the price, I can't really complain. Just know that they are really small, and when I received them, they were just loose in a box, no protective packing. Actually that is a positive for the roses, as they stood up to the flimsy packing!...All in all, they will make a cute token gift. But, if you are wanting to "WOW" someone, as in a guy wanting to impress a girl, make sure she is already your wife, and/or that you have something else to give her!!...
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 4:48 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7