Profile for Portia B > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Portia B RSS Feed

Neuro Nutritional Supplement Drink, Sonic, 14.5-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Neuro Nutritional Supplement Drink, Sonic, 14.5-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Price: $28.68
2 used & new from $28.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly familiar..., September 7, 2012
I don't normally buy stuff like this, but my husband was in an odd mood and wanted to try one at a gas station. I don't really trust beverages like this that go so far into selling the supplement side of the beverage that they don't even mention flavors. I'm not against adding nutrients to drinks, but the benefits are limited and I view it as a beverage first and foremost. Anyway, Hubby wanted to try one. After he tried a sip he passed it on to me. I smelled it and said it smelled familiar but I couldn't place it, some kind of vitamin or medicine maybe. He just smiled and told me to drink it. I took a sip, and it tasted very much like it smelled. Then he filled me in on why it was familiar, it tastes exactly like Flinstones chewable vitamins, It even has a kind of chalky texture. In the end it wasn't disgusting, but it wasn't great either. If you really want a drinkable supplement and miss the taste of those chewy little vitamins, go ahead and try one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2012 5:57 AM PDT

Scotch Restickable Shapes Variety: Orange, Blue and Pink, 7/8 x 7/8 Inches, 3 Packs of 18 Pieces
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticky, September 2, 2012
These are very, very sticky, much more so than I expected. I would definitely heed the package warning to be wary of the surface you put them on. I haven't had any issues, but you have to pull really hard to get them off of things. I haven't yet needed to wash them, so I don't know how well they last past that, but I have used them repeatedly without losing any stickiness.

Travel Qwirkle Board Game
Travel Qwirkle Board Game
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $13.46
36 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the original!, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Travel Qwirkle Board Game (Toy)
Qwirkle is a wonderful game that works with mixed groups of many ages and helps develop critical thinking skills and strategy. The visual and spatial aspect is also wonderful. The reason I am writing this review, however, is to point out that it is a perfectly miniaturized copy of the original. I am often disappointed when a travel game leaves out so much that the game play suffers. These tiles are just smaller versions of the original, which I have no problem with. The whole thing is packaged very nicely in a zip case. It's very small and portable, and the small tile size means that it does not need a whole lot of table space.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 9:54 AM PDT

Clif Kid Organic Fruit Rope, Variety Pack, 8 Strawberry, 8 Mixed Berry, 8 Grape, Net Wt. 16.8 Oz. Pack of 24
Offered by Free Shipping Tigers
Price: $21.39
3 used & new from $16.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, January 16, 2012
I used to get these at Sams Club every now and then, but got tired of them after a bit. They are quite tangy and very chewy. I tried sharing with my seven and eight year old nieces, but only one would eat them. She thought they were okay, but her sister took a bite and decided she hated them. I would recommend buying a few different flavors as singles if you can find them locally. It's a bit too expensive to buy them that way all the time, but you should try the different flavors before you commit to buying them here. Some people love them, others hate them.

Martha Stewart Crafts Paper Tape, Modern Festive
Martha Stewart Crafts Paper Tape, Modern Festive
Price: $4.19
14 used & new from $3.93

3.0 out of 5 stars A little different than I expected., January 16, 2012
This tape is much more glossy than I thought it would be. It still has a slightly waxy look to it like regular masking tape or Japanese washi paper tape, but it is far glossier than either and does not feel waxy at all. Some people might like it better, but it has a much different look than I thought it would. The shiny glossiness looks a bit tackier to me and does not look as good for all the applications I would use other paper tapes. I still like it a lot and will use it for many things, but I am a tad disappointed. It is still a wonderful product, but if you are used to other types of paper tape you might want to find it in a craft store first or at least be aware that it is a little bit shiny.

Kettle Valley All Natural Real Fruit Snacks, Wildberry, 0.7-Ounce Bars (Pack of 30)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum., November 7, 2011
These are great. I love the flavor and the texture is just right, not tough or chewy. I've been trying to find a fruit snack that has a bit of fiber in it but isn't from China. Having them in time for Halloween was perfect as I had an alternative to raiding the candy bowl. Not only do these have a bit of fiber, they only have 68 calories where as all the candy we had had at least 80-90 calories per tiny chocolate bar(and went far beyond that for some).

Magnetic Poetry Go Games Hangman
Magnetic Poetry Go Games Hangman
Offered by totalElement
Price: $9.50
9 used & new from $1.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes Anywhere, October 8, 2011
I bought this for my husband because we like carrying travel games with us. I wasn't sure that we would actually get much use out of it. Turns out we both love it. The main reason I chose to write this review is because I wasn't exactly sure what the pieces and set-up would be before I bought it. It has three full alphabets plus extra vowels and s's. It also had a bunch of blank tiles so that you can arrange them to represent your word and then replace them when your opponent guesses. Play was a bit awkward until I figured out a way I like the pieces arranged for easy play. There is plenty of space, but they have half of it set up as the "wrong guesses" spot so the rest of the tiles get a bit crowded. This is only a tiny bit annoying, and that's just because the pieces are a bit small. Overall it's an awesome thing to have around. Hangman is such a good play anywhere game, and it's nice to not have to waste pen and paper. It's a very convenient size and shape while still being large enough to play easily.

Sony MDR-370LP/BLU Headphones -Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony MDR-370LP/BLU Headphones -Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love These, October 3, 2011
They give nice sound quality while being very comfortable. They are angled just right and rest right beside your ear. The pads are kind of puffy and rounded, and are almost like little pillows. You can't see it very well in the pictures, but the pads have this almost shimmery fabric. These are very cute and good quality.

Pass the Pigs
Pass the Pigs
Price: $9.99
111 used & new from $5.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great anywhere game, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Pass the Pigs (Toy)
Pass the Pigs makes such a great travel game because they didn't have to change the nature of the game in order to make it portable. It's easy to play on a variety of surfaces, doesn't need a whole lot of space, and doesn't have lots of little pieces to get lost(just be careful when you roll the pigs). I also like that Pass the Pigs don't make a lot of noise. Small dice games are often convenient for taking with you, but I won't play them in a lot of places because they can be so loud. It's a simple, fun game.
The container can be a bit tricky because you have to get the pencils in the right spot, but it's only mildly annoying.

Scotch Magic Tape Donut Dispenser, Assorted Colors, 3/4 x 300 Inches, 4 Rolls (155)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to grab and go, September 28, 2011
I love these. I got tired of my washi tape rolls collecting dust and debris along the side. These were the perfect solution. I carry around the tape that comes with it until it's gone, and then switch it out for my prettier tapes. In addition to keeping the tapes clean and un-squished, they also seem to break a lot less than the traditional cheap plastic tape dispenser. You do have to make sure you press the tape down to insure it does not roll back, but I only find this an issue when my young nieces use it. It being a bit shorter didn't bother me at all. I figure the main reason to buy them is the dispenser, which you can easily re-load with tape refills. It is very easy to take apart for loading and unloading. I never liked buying clear tape in refill form before, because I hated reloading the ugly dispensers that didn't cost much more than the refills anyway and were always breaking. Even though I bought these to use for paper tape, I now find myself setting one aside for clear cellophane tape. I think these are well worth paying a tiny bit more.