Profile for CindyMinz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CindyMinz RSS Feed (New York City)

L'oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, 374 Blackest Black, 0.27 Fluid Ounce
Price: $4.79
27 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite mascara!, July 3, 2014
I haven't bought a new mascara in a while. Well I love anime and manga and always love the character's big eyes and cute eyelashes. Didn't expect much from it since I always think commercials overhype results. But I LOVE THIS MASCARA. I have long lashes but always want thickness. The mascara bottle is super cute, and the wand bends so you can get those extra hard lashes in the corner. It goes on kind of thick and wet but dries pretty fast. My eyes POP when I have this on. It's weird though....at Rite Aid they didn't have it out on display. I looked up and they had it on the top top shelf. I had to get someone to get on a ladder and get it for me. So glad I did....it's my new favorite mascara!

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Retention Shampoo-13 oz
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Retention Shampoo-13 oz
Offered by Western Distributers
Price: $13.26
34 used & new from $9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shampoo I've Used For My Curly Hair!, February 6, 2013
When I go To CVS I usually go on a mini beauty products shopping spree. On that spree I walked into the hair aisle for a sulfate free shampoo. I have very curly Hispanic hair that is just really dry, probably cause I don't take the best care of it and my curls are a lot tighter than most Hispanic women I know. This shampoo cause my eye because of the shea butter ingredient and all the other good stuff inside. I almost bought the one for the curly hair but this just seemed better in terms of what it could do and both were about 10 bucks.

I used quite a bit of it for my hair but I think that's just cause I have very dry hair.I loved the smell and I liked that it still created a bit of sud. I noticed that compared to regular moisturizing shampoo, Shea moisture made my hair a lot softer. It was easier to detangle in the shower. Second time I used it my hair felt even more soft and manageable. I love this shampoo and definitely recommend it!

Dead or Alive Dimensions
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $20.46
45 used & new from $12.96

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Addition to the DOA Franchise...., November 19, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
One of the main reasons I got a 3DS, besides wanting a new handheld system, was because I wanted a new DOA game. DOA wasn't out as of yet and I was wearing out my copy of DOA4. As I began playing it, I was pleasantly surprised.

The graphics are very nice and neat on the 3DS, with only a bit of messy outlines on the characters. There are new costumes and some old classic ones which I appreciated. My only complaint is that there were some DLC costumes that could only be downloaded in the early phases of it's release. I bought my 3DS only a couple months ago, once the hype surrounding this game had already passed so now I'm screwed out of those costumes. I thought that was kind of a dumb move on Tecmo's part. There should be some other way for us late people to download the friggin costumes.

The story mode is broken down into chapters, with movie cut scenes and full explanations of each Dead or Alive tournaments and it's story. I thought it was really fun to play through each chapter, getting the run down of what happened and how it affected every character. It goes all the way to DOA5 so you even get to see some new stuff! As you play it even helps the newcomers understand the basic controls and combos which I thought was a friendly addition but annoying at times to someone who's played the game about a million times.

Online mode is where this game shines. You can create a small username and everyone has a stats profile that shows win/losses, Throwdowns (more about that later), grade, etc. When I first got the game I would spend hours online battling it out. It's fun and the lag isn't bad at all. When are you playing people across the globe it does seem to slow down a bit but not too much. But of course with any online mode there are always douche bags out there who will spam the crap out of certain moves, i.e Hayabusa's Electric attack. The first time someone won over me using that move I almost broke my 3DS in half out of frustration..so be aware. They also added a throwdown mode. If you Streetpass someone with the game, you can fight a ghost of them in a match. I whooped the guy I passed so I don't know if it's because I'm decent or the CPU is just stupid.

The practice mode is just like every other DOA except there is no exercise mode within it, which was a bit disappointing. The moves are just about the same with a bit of tweaks here and there. Overall everything was pretty smooth.

Tag mode in this game was just a sad sad moment in DOA history. What idiot thought it was be a good idea to tag you up with the computer in every tag match you can play? Everytime you get hit your stupid partner comes in while you regain health and then subsequently gets their own butt handed to them. And this cycle continues until about 20 mins later, you finally beat your opponent. All your hits do almost no damage so you really have to take out some time when doing this. Survival mode is also another oldie but it's more work than fun. The CPU has been really dumbed down in this one so getting up to 100 should be very easy, but not really fun.

Overall I was really happy with the game and I'm glad I bought it. I hope they make a sequel and fix all those loose ends. Thanks Tecmo!

Ninja NJ100 Express Chop, Red
Ninja NJ100 Express Chop, Red
Offered by BuyDBest Inc.
Price: $26.35
34 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Small But Such a Great Tool!, November 19, 2012
I saw this on sale in Target for 17 bucks and bought it. I have a very small apartment and just cook for me and my boyfriend so I thought something like this would be perfect to help me out with the cutting and mincing. I used it for the first time yesterday, by mincing some garlic and onions. Putting it together was super easy and I like that they had it in the color green because most products don't like to cater to us green color lovers :) Anyways it worked really well! I had to cut up half an onion so I did have to break it into smaller parts to fit it into the plastic part but after one or two pushes on the button it was all done! I loveeeee it! It's soooo cute and doesn't take up much room in my small kitchen.

The only thing is that sometimes the cut of the onions are a bit different. I found some REALLY minced onion at the bottom, and then some big pieces throughout but it didn't really bother me. Cleanup is also very easy. You can take the blade out and clean it like a cup.

If you don't need anything too big or fancy this product is perfect. Get it! :)

Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Nintendo 3DS
Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $19.56
53 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Games For The 3DS! So Fun!!!, October 24, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had never heard of the Style Savvy games until I downloaded the demo on the E shop. From then on I was officially hooked! I played the demo out and then set my calender for the 22nd! The game wasn't available anywhere so I downloaded it off of the E shop. It took 45 minutes and it was still the 40 bucks price tag but I'm a very impatient person and wanted the game right away! And I'm so glad I did. The game is so addictive.

For starters everything about it just so darn cute. Everyone in the game is just super friendly and such different personalities, and the clothes are just awesome and there is definitely something for everyone. Tons of styles : sporty, feminine, romantic, goth, Princess, you name it and they have something to suite your tastes! You can make your character look the way you want, down to the highlights in your hair! You have your own apartment, and everyday you can change your outfit, head to the park or city, or have tea at the local cafe!

You start the game in Michaela's boutique. This is where you will be sending most of your time. You work your way up by helping customers (men and women..what fun!) with whatever their needs are. They might ask for a pair of shoes, a skirt, or a whole outfit! I especially like when they ask for a whole outfit because I take a while to choose a whole ensemble. I don't want to make the customer unhappy. You also buy clothes for the shop, and new suppliers pop up, usually after you fill up your happy meter. The happy meter gets filled every time you do well with customers, make someone happy by talking to them on the street, or changing your outfit. Once you move up in position at the boutique you can change a lot more about it, down to the walls and outside appearance. It's so fun knowing you can make everything the way you want it! You can even choose different types to music to play throughout the store. It does get a bit repetitive because if you are in your store, you will have to be looking for outfits for many buyers and depending on the mood and clothing you sell most of the same kind of outfits. Even though you are doing it over and over, it's very hard to stop because it's always fun to shop and sell new things!

The apartment is where you go back to save the game and whatnot. There you can ALSO change the look of it, from the furniture to the color of your bed! I absolutely love it! Right now I have green everywhere! Everything you order something for the boutique you can get a sample of each piece sent to your apartment by a very cute delivery guy. In your apartment you can see everything that has been sent to you, and choose the outfit you are going to wear for the day. Sometimes I take a while to get ready for the day and it's so fun to see everything I have in my closet! The game has thousands of items so your imagination will run wild with ideas. You can also change your makeup at home too!

Working in the boutique you tend to run out of stock when it gets busy so you can go to the buyer's depot to stock up on clothes. There are different floors with different stores, depending on what your looking for. They have all kinds of shops and all the clothes are shipped straight to the boutique once you purchase them. As you go on in the game you can store more and more in your back room.

They also have contestants at night where you pick models and coordinate outfits based on the night's themes. You unlock special pieces of clothing and compete against the computer to see who has assembled the best outfit! They even have a host, a runaway and a crowd cheering you on. You even get to go to an after party if all goes well!

There is also an online shop where you set up 3 outfits and have a profile card, where people can read about you and buy and like your outfits online. Everyone has their own shop code so you can share it with your friends. If you want to visit mine, my shop code is K17Y09B89! I wish they expanded the online more to the point where people can come directly to my shop and just buy any item but I guess that would have taken a lot more expansion on the developer's part, but this is a very small critique for a such a great game. It's super long and there's so much to do!

If you love fashion, clothes, and just overall fun BUY THIS GAME! You will def love it!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2013 6:15 AM PDT

SSX - Xbox 360
SSX - Xbox 360
Offered by Boothill Sales
Price: $33.87
71 used & new from $6.04

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened to SSX??, October 2, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SSX - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this game with lingering memories of SSX Tricky and SSX 3. Those games were built on fun and emphasis on the personalities of the characters. They were wild and crazy and levels were tricked out with an off the wall setup. It was just plain old fun! But this game is nothing of the sort.

The game plays like an survival game. Most levels are very difficult and extra equipment in needed in specific areas (wing suit, goggles, heat) to navigate safely. The terrain could be very snowy or foggy so these pieces of equipment can be life or death. The first 10 times I tried to complete a level I fell between the cracks of tons of mountaintops. How can I win a race when all I'm trying to do is stay alive?

The characters have all lost their edge. Now they have cut-scenes for each character, but nothing that would make you care or root for them. All the costumes look the same except the color. I miss all the cute costumes Kaori had. Like I've said in the past, a lot of games are now pushing for a mature and realistic feel so that's what I'm assuming went wrong with this game.

The online was really lacking. You can't even tricky alongside your friends or race with them. It's just a ghost traveling with your character, using their previous race and comparing it to yours. When I bought the game I was really hoping to see a more refined and fun online mode. This game just seems a bit complicated when it comes to it's online world. They have competitions and money that can you bet and try to win, but your not actually competing with anyone at the same time, just their replay. I think they've updated the online mode but from what I've played it just bore me to tears.

I'm sorry but I returned it. I think I'll be taking out my SSX Tricky and playing it out once more!

Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5
Offered by drawinglive
Price: $8.97
74 used & new from $4.59

3.0 out of 5 stars I was happy but it just wasn't what I was expecting...., October 1, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead or Alive 5 (Video Game)
Now before I say anything I want to make it clear I am a hardcore DOA fan. I've played and own every DOA (even the volleyball ones!) except the 2nd one and I will eventually get it just to make the collection complete. So as expected I was super hype for this game. I even got the collector's edition and went to Gamestop for the midnight release, so this review is based on the collector's edition version of the game.

The games comes in a cool aluminum DOA5, complete with an art book, soundtrack to the game, a poster, and a code for all the bathing suits costumes for all female characters, and a code for Kasumi's moves and a breakdown on the character. Everything was around 80 bucks which I think, if you are a real DOA fan, a good deal.

Visuals: Superb!! The characters sweat and get dirty as they are tossed and flung around! The graphics are way more realistic and every character has been fine tuned. I can tell that most characters were given a more thicker and muscular look, but I think that adds to the realism. The bathing suits look so pretty and the costumes look so real and fit the characters a lot better. Some levels are really cool and have multiple parts to it that can lead to streets, and lower areas of the stage. They also have cliffhanger moves in some stages that give each character a cool new move to try out and they really are cool. Try them out!

Game play: Pretty much the same thing as DOA4 except for the new cliffhanger moves, sidestepping moves and "Power Moves". When your health is in the red, you can try to land the "Power Move" an extra powerful move, kind of like a finisher that doesn't finish, that takes 25 percent of the opponent's health. The move sets off a movie sequence and kinda looks cool but isn't anything special and I wouldn't care if it wasn't in the game. I play mostly with Christie and Helena and I will say both player's moves have greatly improved and Helena is much easier and faster to use in this game.

Online: Now this was a big problem for me. The online has drastically changed from DOA4. First off, no more avatars or character lobbies, probably because it created so much lag. It seems now it has taken more of a mature approach, following in the footsteps of Street Fighter 4. Now it is split into 3 options: Ranked, Simple, And Lobby. Now here's the issue: you can only Rank up in a ranked match. I know that some people used to cheat in DOA4 and get their friends to lose matches and give them points but so what? I want to play in lobbies with my friends and rank up at the same time. So now you're telling me I can only rank up by playing a random stranger? That just takes the fun out of it. And who's gonna play simple match when you can battle it out in a lobby amongst friends or have to play ranked to raise your grade? It just seems like a dumb addition. They also took out online tag team!! So disappointed in Tecmo for taking that option out! It was fun to tag up with an online friend :(.
*Edit* I was told Tecmo has addressed the lag and released some free DLCs for the game so I will have to update on this.

The lag situation has still not been addressed. Games freeze up a lot and everyone in the room gets stuck on a black screen. At least they added a message box where you can type throughout the battle, but they do censor what you write so be careful! I DO like that they give you an option to leave the room after each battle. In DOA4 you would be stuck battling until the host went back to the lobby.

Music: I didn't like it. The song playing in the background in online mode is so repetitive! I honestly felt they did exactly like SF4 with some dude singing some kind of rap or song in the background as I am navigating thru the lobby. I am a big fan of original video game music and LOVED the DOA themes for every character and the menu and character selection music. It was brilliant. Now they want to be hardcore and add these gritty themes that just seem to fall flat. I guess it goes with the overall feel of the game but I just wasn't a fan.

Story: If any of you have played DOA: Dimensions then you can see the similarities in which both story modes were executed. Now you play through chapters with each character instead of playing story mode separately with each one. I honestly enjoyed the new story mode and it was really cool to see the whole story through each character's eyes, and be able to play with each one. And in every chapter they have a bonus mission to unlock new tags and such, which have also been added to the game. It gives you an extra push to do the chapters again. The ending was awesome and the cut scenes, even though fights made no sense, were still fun to play and watch. Good going Tecmo!

Overall I'm happy I bought the game but I do miss the old DOA a bit. But this is where fighting games are going so I've accepted it all. If you are a DOA this a definite must by, but others might weary.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2012 11:55 AM PDT