Profile for diane S > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

diane S RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Speedo Women's Endurance Plus Side Shirred Tank Swimsuit, Black, 14
Speedo Women's Endurance Plus Side Shirred Tank Swimsuit, Black, 14
Price: $60.18
5 used & new from $45.86

4.0 out of 5 stars looks nice, October 28, 2014
It did run smaller than the other suit I have that is the same size. Hopefully it will stretch a bit when wet. Suit is good quality which I expect from Speedo. Look good too.

My Sister's Grave
My Sister's Grave
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 21, 2014
This review is from: My Sister's Grave (Kindle Edition)
Kept me wondering "who did it" until the end.

The Secret Piano: From Mao's Labor Camps to Bach's Goldberg Variations
The Secret Piano: From Mao's Labor Camps to Bach's Goldberg Variations
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Music lovers, February 25, 2013
This book is about a womans devotion to the piano. She lives through the Chinese Communist Mao regime. This is very rough and she is punished for being from a above average family. It gives you a real look into this era.

The Misremembered Man
The Misremembered Man
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Folksy story of orphaned boy, February 25, 2013
I enjoyed the book about a man's life who grew up in an orphanage. The orphanage was run by the Catholic church in Ireland and they were not a kind bunch. Many lasting memories haunted Jamie. He found his reward as the book ends very nicely.

Blown Away
Blown Away
Price: $10.99
87 used & new from $2.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Blown Away (Audio CD)
I enjoyed her album, but I was not famiilar with many of the songs. Some were hard to understand what she was saying.

Red
Red
Price: $10.00
121 used & new from $4.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., January 8, 2013
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
I'm not a teen so I listen less. I am not sick of hearing "We will never, never, get back together". There are many good songs on this album.

UnblockIt (Kindle Tablet Edition)
UnblockIt (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and frustrating., January 8, 2013
You start out thinking you are pretty good at this and then you later realize you are not to good after all. Some of them seem impossible. An new day brings a new start and sometimes it works right away. Go figure. Just know you can always put it away and try again once your blood pressure goes down.

Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition
by Joel Fuhrman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
58 used & new from $2.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Get Healthy, January 8, 2013
This book convinced me that you can heal many of our health problems with this diet. I had Gerd (heartburn-constant) and since I have been on this diet, it is gone. The book repeats a bit, but was still very informative.

Shantaram: A Novel
Shantaram: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A Deep Look into India's Unseen Side, November 24, 2012
The writing in this book is philisophical in parts and contains some pretty rough language and situations. Mr. Lin who escaped to India from Austrailian Prison gets involved in both the humanitarian and mafia side of life there. You get the impression that half of the population is involved in some kind of criminal behavior (black market medicine, passports, drugs and bribing of the police). It's basically a love story and a human development intertwined in survival. I think that any age could enjoy this look into the underbelly of India.

The Good Braider
The Good Braider
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A look into another culture, November 13, 2012
This review is from: The Good Braider (Kindle Edition)
The story details the lives of an African family escaping from a war. The trip here is difficult to say the least. The characters definately have a different life from what we enjoy. Once here, the mother tries to keep the daughter under the rules of her tribe. This doesn't work well in America. So it really gave me an intimate look into another culture.

Page: 1 | 2