Profile for David Gonzalez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Gonzalez RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Now You're Speaking My Language: Honest Communication and Deeper Intimacy for a Stronger Marriage
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars well worth it., September 4, 2014
Could have been done with this book weeks ago. Find myself going back to read and reread portions, it's good.
I think it is well laid out, references to biblical scripture when used are appropriate. Author's life examples of when things go well and when they don't in a relationship are relevant.
Very good book.

Samsung UN60FH6003 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV (2013 Model)
Samsung UN60FH6003 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV (2013 Model)
Offered by Paul's TV
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $969.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving from DLP to this...wow, January 17, 2014
Retiring a malfunctioning DLP 56" and all we wanted was a TV, not a smart TV, just a TV. This model fit the bill just right.
First: Only 2 HDMI inputs - Not a deal breaker for us. Our DVD, Blu-ray, cable box, etc. are routed through our receiver so only one HDMI cable going to the TV.
Second: No audio output - Not a deal breaker for us. The built in speakers actually do sound quite good in our listening environment. More than adequate for casual TV listening. Your experience may vary. For a wake the neighbors kind of sound experience we use the sound from the receiver.
(If I'm not mistaken the sister TV, EH6003 has an audio output which might be the source of the confusion on this matter)

Now the fun part sharing how very, very nice this TV is which we found for $899.99.
1. Easy peasy set up.
2. Great picture right out of the box considering we're upgrading from an old 56" DLP set.
3. Only a little tinkering with some of the settings using as a guide picture settings others have shared here and elsewhere and the THX set up feature on a Pixar Blu-ray and Avatar never looked so good.
4. Remote control is easy to use with all buttons well marked. However, some of the buttons may feel a bit small for some users, it is a compact remote.
5. Another plus is that because this is not a smart TV it means the remote is not cluttered with little to never used buttons.
6. Onscreen menus provide short explanation for each function you highlight before you make any changes.

Any downers for us? Very minor ones

1. The Owner's Manual is the fold out map variety which means smallish type and not real handy to use. It has all the necessary info but any prior experience with a Samsung TV and their menus will serve you well here.
2. Wish the remote used AA instead of AAA batteries
3. Seemed just a wee bit flexy on its base though I suspect this is the case with all larger screens and not really a design fault. And I have to admit I was pushing on the TV to see what would happen to satisfy my own curiosity. I was satisfied that it was stable enough. But if I were you I would still try to keep youngsters and relatives with a history of clumsiness away from the TV. Or mount it using a wall bracket.

We are very pleased with this TV and look forward to many hours of viewing pleasure.

1-21-14 Amendment: TV does seem to have a sweet spot for viewing and viewers too far off axis may notice the far side of the screen appearing a bit lighter than the side they are closest to. And though the TV shows amazing image quality from Blu-ray my initial impression is that our old DLP did a better initial job with broadcast TV for which our source Comcast cable. Tinkering with the settings continues.

Personality Plus for Couples: Understanding Yourself and the One You Love
Personality Plus for Couples: Understanding Yourself and the One You Love
Price: $9.80

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., January 11, 2014
...just a hard time staying with the author as she goes through the various personality combos and what to expect. reads kind of like a really long horoscope. I will finish the book but it's gonna take some time.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $199.00
16 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing little speaker system with a rich full sound with one little fly in the soup., November 18, 2013
I have had mine for a week now and it is quite the performer and a good value for money spent. I was hesitant to spend $200 for a portable Bluetooth speaker. I thought my G-Grip from Target bought on sale for $49.99 compared to MSRP of $74.99 sounded very good for what it was, 7" long, 2" deep and 2" high. I was not expecting any other small enclosure to be substantially better. The Bose SoundLink Mini is, in every way a superior sound.
At low to mid levels and depending on sound source even pushing it max volume limits it has a full rich sound that gives you the impression it is not leaving any bass, mid or high frequencies off the sound stage. Approaching max volume the bass can get a bit muddy sounding depending on source but overall I call it great little speaker system.
It charges to 100% as spec'd and I have gotten a full 9 hours out a full charge before the red light indicating 20% or less power remaining begins to blink.
Beautiful to look at with solid construction quality materials and workmanship.
I rate it 5 stars because I cannot rate it 4.5. It is definitely more than a 4 star product but I'd knock a half star for the price which I think could be 5-10% less and still allow Bose to hold to their premium price philosophy and the way bass can become muddy at or near max volume.
Still, I'm not about to return mine anytime soon.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Nikon EN-EL12 and Nikon Coolpix AW100, AW100s, AW110, AW110s, P300, P310, P330, S31, S70, S610, S620, S630, S640, S800c, S1000pj, S1100pj, S1200pj, S6000, S6100, S6150, S6200, S6300, S8000, S8100, S8200, S9050, S9100, S9200, S9300, S9400, S9500
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, September 22, 2013
Charger works very well. Relatively quick charge. Included batteries do not last as long as Nikon batteries but still a welcomed and appreciated bonus

TomTom START 55M 5-Inch GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps and Roadside Assistance (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Just Guy Stuff
Price: $109.99
14 used & new from $59.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Start 55M replaces XL 350TM - so far so good and..., July 13, 2012
Initially I will give it 4 stars as this was its first full day of use from mid morning into late evening. All functions worked as advertised, map was accurate out of the box, no updates applied yet and...

... though it is not adverised as being able to provide traffic info when I used the car power cord from my XL350TM, how about that, there was the traffic info. I had decided to go with my older cord because the one supplied was way too short for my needs so having the traffic information appear on the screen was a very nice surprise.

Compared to the recently deceased XL 350TM the Start 55M screen felt more sensitive to the touch, its processor a bit speedier reacting to user unput and moving to a 5" screen is easier on the eyes.

The window mounting bracket supplied was had the friction on the ball mount set way too tight, the tension screws will need to be adjusted before I consider it ready for daily use. I'm using the mount from the 350TM which I had already adjusted to my liking and it handled the slight extra weight of the 55M without any problems.

It found and locked on to 10 satelites within a reasonable amount of time in the St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN area. By that I mean it was ready to go by the time I removed it from its travel pouch, turned the unit on, connected the power cord to the unit and the vehicle's cigarette lighter and secured it to the windshield.

Already being familiar with the Tom Tom interface made it for an easy transition from the XL350TM unit to the Start 55M. I can't speak to other reviewers' comparisons across brands all I can say this is not the worse interface ever and it does the job just fine.

As a basic 5" screen GPS with a hidden unadvertised feature and on sale for 129.99 I would suggest anyone not in the market for bells and whistles to give it seroius consideration.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2013 6:55 AM PDT

Synergy Digital NP-120 Lithium-Ion Battery - Ultra High Capacity (1800 mAh) - replacement for Fuji NP-120, Pentax D-L17 & Contax BP-1500
Offered by East Coast Photo
Price: $12.95
3 used & new from $8.33

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, fai price., November 25, 2011
Product arrived ahead of estimated delivery date and was adequately packaged to arrive undamaged. Instructions say to charge for full 10 hrs before first use, do not go by any charge indicator lights on your device so plan accordingly.
Works well in a ZOOM 3G mobile router so far giving about 3-4 hrs of use before needing to be charged.

Sony RM-AV2 Remote Commander for Sony Camcorders
Sony RM-AV2 Remote Commander for Sony Camcorders

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, even better now that its on sale, August 26, 2011
Ordered this earlier this week from AMAZON along with a SONY GP-AVT1 grip for our SONY camcorder. My wife is enjoying the grip, says it's pretty much all she needs for steadier hand held shooting.
I prefer to use a tripod with a fluid head and found that using the controls on the camera could introduce unwanted movement into the videos. The SONY RM-AV2 takes care of that issue very nicely.
It connects to the camcorder with a proprietary connection which is snug an secure, and so far, no unwanted wiggling of the wire connection at all. The clamp for mounting to the fluid head is very secure and there's more than enough cable for my needs. Even enough to allow for other mounting possibilities.
Cons? The controls themselves could've been made larger with a smoother operating feel. But, for a consumer grade product, especially at an attractive sale price, I don't think you'll find better for your SONY camcorder if you like to shoot using a tripod.
For you handheld shooters consider the GP-AVT1 grip which is also on sale and turns into a niffty tabletop tripod for your camcorder or even a point and shoot camera.

Sony GPAVT1 Shooting Grip with Mini Tripod
Sony GPAVT1 Shooting Grip with Mini Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars purchase well worth the price, August 26, 2011
Orderd the GP-AVT1 from AMAZON this week when I saw it on sale. Had been watching it for some time as it seemed it would be a good companion to our recently purchased SONY camcorder but not at the suggested retail.
It is well made, operates with ease though the cable connection to the camera seems too snug for my liking, I imagine that may loosen over time but not to the detriment of the device's functionality.
Mounting it to the cameras tripod mount was a breeze and the mount allows for fore and aft movement to help better balance the camera in your hand. Connection to camera via a proprietary cable is very snug. Noticed an immediate improvement in camera handling, panning movements are much smoother and there's considerably less strain on the hand.
It's no steadicam mount but sure helps with handling the camera and that in turn is making for less shakey/jittery movements in our videos. My wife is no longer inclined to get out the tripod with video head mounted as she feels this is more than enough steadiness for her needs.

Induro AKB0 Tripod with Ballhead 56-Inch Max Height 10lb Load Capacity
Induro AKB0 Tripod with Ballhead 56-Inch Max Height 10lb Load Capacity
Offered by SuperDigitalCity
Price: $139.00
9 used & new from $139.00

4.0 out of 5 stars a great tripod with surprising qualities and features., July 27, 2011
For this purchase light weight, quality construction and ease of portability were key. Our prime tripod is a SLIK Pro 500DX but we don't want to carry this with us all the time. Here's where the Induro AKB0 comes in. At less than 3 lbs with ballhead it also has quality construction and some surprising features consiering its price point.
Fully closed it is about 20 inches long, the center column is reversable and the legs are individually adjustable for use on uneven surfaces. With legs fully extended its on the short side but its a trade off we accept in order to get the portability.
The carry bag provided is well made, padded and has an internal zippered pocket for small items. It also comes with printed instructions and wrenches for keeping connections snug if necessary. The only bummer is that with our Manfrotto 700CR2 video head mounted we cannot quite close the zipper on the bag. Almost, but not quite
The provided carry strap is for the bag or the tripod and the tripod even has an allen bolt mounting spot for securing an accessory like a Pocket Wizard and some other small item and a hard point for securing one end of the carry strap. You can use the spring loaded hook as the other hard point or wrap the provided loop around the tripod legs.
We use the tripod with a Nikon D70s with lenses ranging from; 18-70 to 80-400 and a Sony HDR-CX110 camcorder and have had no serious stability issues. The spring loaded hook at the bottom of the center column means we can add a weighted bag, typically our camera bag, for more stability.

Page: 1 | 2