Profile for David Hilliard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Hilliard "Helevitia" RSS Feed (Norcal)

Page: 1 | 2
Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Coiled Cable (2.5-6 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, June 1, 2014
Perfect size to sit on my desk and not get tangled. The most impressive part was the company's response in making sure I was happy. They sent me an email a few days after I received it to see if everything was OK and if I need any help or had any problems, they wanted to make me happy. Not many companies have that kind of customer service. Thank you!

I've been using it for about 2 months and I've no problems at all. I would recommend.

Inov-8 F-lite 240 Shoe,Black/White,10.5 M US
Inov-8 F-lite 240 Shoe,Black/White,10.5 M US
Price: $122.58
3 used & new from $120.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely light - too tight, June 1, 2014
This review is from: Inov-8 F-lite 240 Shoe (Shoes)
Definitely get a half size bigger if you buy these. They run small. Other than that, they are great! Light, breathable and not too expensive.

SentrySafe KB25 KeyBox with 25 Key Hangers, Black
SentrySafe KB25 KeyBox with 25 Key Hangers, Black
Offered by Ron's Home and Hardware
Price: $23.80
17 used & new from $19.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I want, June 1, 2014
I was getting tired of looking for keys all over my house or losing keys, so I bought this. It comes wiht a simple key lock for deterring young kids and it has key chain labels to attach to your keys. It holds normal keys as well as big bulky car keys. If yo are looking for a keybox that is supposed to keep people from stealing your keys, this isn't the one you want. It's wall mounted with your typical anchors(2), and that's it.

Perfect for a single family home type setup with various keys for inside and outside of the house. I would recommend.

Slappa SL-90/9004 DVD Case, Black
Slappa SL-90/9004 DVD Case, Black
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, wish it held more!, June 1, 2014
This is a solid product that works really well. My only complaint is that it only holds 90 DVDs. I would like to see a version that holds double. I had to buy 2 of these.

The construction is good, the sleeves are decent(though the stitching can be a little sloppy which causes some tight fitting covers), and it does the job you want it to do.

This product has helped me save some space in my house and I would recommend it to anyone.

Slappa HardBody PRO 600 CD Storage Case, SL-60001B
Slappa HardBody PRO 600 CD Storage Case, SL-60001B
Price: $126.10
5 used & new from $126.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds CD's well. Some minor annoyances and issues, June 1, 2014
I have 300+ CDs, so I spent some time research CD storage. There are a few products out there, but I ultimately chose this product.

The case is very durable, it has wheels and a handle to wheel it around with. The quality of the CD sleeves are good enough. As someone else mentioned, the stitching is a little sloppy on the CD sleeves, but not too bad. So, all in all it is a good product and I would recommend it to anyone looking to store their CD collection like me.

So what are the cons?

1. I stupidly believed that I could hold 600 CDs with the covers, but that is not true. If you want to store the covers(and the back insert) you can only hold up to 300 CDs. The name of the product is a bit misleading.

2. It's not very clear on Amazon's site or Slappa's site, but these aren't the CD sleeves that you can take apart one by one(Slappa has CD sleeves where you can "snap" them together individually). All of the CD sleeves are sewn into the case and none of them come apart. That's unfortunate for someone like me who will continue to add CDs to my collection and I want them in alphabetical order. Once they are in, it's a pain to move them around. This is practically a deal breaker for me. So much so, I may look for alternate solutions as I gain more CDs. This may not be an issue for most people, but it is for me.

3. Out of all of the solutions I've looked at, none of them think about the rear insert. For me, I want to keep the rear insert, so I actually pull those out and place them in with the booklet, but it's not the prettiest solution, but it works.

Other things:
If you have digipak CDs, you are SOL. You have to either cut/trim the front to slip in as a cover, just insert the CD without anything else, or, if it has a booklet, use the booklet for the cover. AFter trying all 3, I've decided to ditch the digipak altogether and use the booklet as the cover. if there is no booklet, I just keep the CD only. It pains me to do this. No company has a solution for this other than keeping the CD in the original digipak.

Bottom line: Solid product that will work for most people.

Hansgrohe 28472821 Raindance S AIR Bodyspray Square, Brushed Nickel
Hansgrohe 28472821 Raindance S AIR Bodyspray Square, Brushed Nickel
Price: $222.95
9 used & new from $205.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, October 27, 2013
First off, these things are huge! I didn't think they'd be as big as they were. I added these(3 total) as part of a master bath add-on. Strong, powerful sprayers. The whole thing spins 360 degrees, and since the sprayers are at a slight angle, you can pretty much get these to spray wherever you want(up, down, left, right within reason). They are heavy, made of metal and you can tell they put a lot of thought into the design as there are multiple internal pieces/parts for installation.

IMPORTANT! You will need a plumber who understands how to get the most out of the body sprays. Most plumbers will not know how to put the piping together to get this to work right. I just happen to get a plumber who has done this type of install before. Basically what happens is, plumbers put one pipe to all 3 body sprays and the water is uneven. The top one will have less pressure and the bottom one will have the most pressure. My plumber had to make this crazy design to make sure all of the water pressure was even.

Bottom line, I would buy anything from Hansgrohe. Quality products that are well thought out.

Francais Pour Une Nuit [Blu-ray]
Francais Pour Une Nuit [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Metallica
10 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best concert Blu-Ray I have ever heard, March 20, 2012
I was really excited to get this Blu-Ray. What I wasn't expecting was a beautifully filmed, amazing sounding 5.1 DD awesome Metallica concert. It really is phenomenal and if you have a stereo system and TV to enjoy it on, you will not be disappointed. Turn it up loud to truly appreciate it.

People have complained over the years that you can't hear Lars' bass drums too well on a lot of the Live Metallica stuff. Well this just blows it all away. The bass drum is perfect and will melt your eardrums off.

I know some are complaining of the audio being out of sync. I didn't notice, so I can't comment on that. However, what I will say is, if you enjoy listening to great sounding quality audio and you don't concentrate on the minor technical issues, this blu-ray is a must have.

Dr. McDougall's Right Foods Vegan Black Bean & Lime Soup, 3.4-Ounce Cups (Pack of 6)
Price: $11.45
16 used & new from $11.45

1.0 out of 5 stars It has MSG in it, March 20, 2012
I was considering buying this product until I noticed it has MSG. "Yeast Extract" is another name for MSG for those that don't know. I don't necessarily have a problem with MSG. What I have a problem with is manufacturers using different names to conceal the fact that an ingredient is in the product.

And just to play both sides, MSG is actually considered safe for 99% of the population according to several studies(please do your own research to confirm). However, I don't like being lied to, so this food is off my list.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 8:37 AM PST

Mass Effect 3 - PC
Mass Effect 3 - PC
Offered by Digitalville
Price: $12.25
42 used & new from $2.28

1.0 out of 5 stars I refuse to use EA's gaming service, Origin, March 10, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 - PC (Video Game)
I really want to play this game. I loved ME2. But I refuse to have spyware installed on my PC and based on what I've read, it sounds like it's a nightmare to even get the game going. Until I can buy it on Steam or play it without Origin and SecuRom, I will not purchase this game. Actually, that's a lie, until I can purchase it through Steam and know that it won't have any spyware, then I won't be buying it.

I know people will try to tell me how I'm a horrible reviewer because I don't even own the game and I'm not abiding by Amazon's agreement about reviews, but I don't care. I must take a stand and vote with my wallet and my thoughts. Take what you like and leave the rest!

Song Remains Not the Same
Song Remains Not the Same
Price: $9.00
50 used & new from $3.55

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really liking this CD, October 29, 2011
I'm not a BLS fan at all. Every time I've tried to like a CD, I've always come away disappointed. I've really wanted to like them, but it's never worked out...until now. I love this CD! It's like stoner-ish metal without the metal. I'm assuming Zakk is singing? Whoever is singing does a great job. Very dark and metal like. Lots of acoustic guitars, pianos, and killer solos. I keep finding myself going back to this CD for more.

I hope Zakk does more like this. Whatever the reason is that I like this and not BLS in general, it's working. If you are expecting BLS metal songs, you will be disappointed. If you like to put on headphones and enjoy different parts of the song and soak it all in, you will appreciate this. In the end, it's all subjective and you may not like it the way I like it.

Page: 1 | 2