Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 737

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer "girlswithbooks" RSS Feed

Price: $12.95
19 used & new from $12.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new line!, December 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The new line of dolls, The Beatrix Girls, is great! My preschool class students absolutley fell in love with them. They are bigger than Barbies and Monster High and Bratz. A great size for younger kids and older kids as well. The heads are oversized which is very cute and gives the child the opportunity to play with more hair! Speaking of which, the hair on these dolls is wonderful. There is tons of it and it's glossy and smooth. The clothes are stylish and cute without being too flashy or too adult. The only negative thing I can say about these dolls is this: they are supposed to be part of a band and each doll plays an instrument or sings.. however, no instruments come with them. I feel like kids would be more prone to buy the whole set if they came with the instruments. Other than that, they are wonderful!! The price is great as well!

Compulsion (Heirs of Watson Island)
Compulsion (Heirs of Watson Island)
by Martina Boone
Price: $13.78
82 used & new from $3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Faves of 2014, December 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Compulision by Martine Boone was one of my favorite reads of 2014. I loved every single minute and I can't wait to read more. The only problem with this book is it eneded too soon and the next book in the series isn't out yet. I loved the setting, the Caroline coast. It's old fashioned feeling, a little slower paced way of life and full of history and a lot of mystery. The main character, Barrie, is likeable and relateable. I feel in love almost immediatley with the character of Eight as well. (Yes, his name is Eight.) I won't say much about plot other than there is a long standing feud between some old families and it carries down to the current children and heirs. I love the slow, leisurly pace that Marina Boone takes with the plot, without boring the reader. I can't recommend this book enough.

Hellhole
Hellhole
by Gina Damico
Price: $13.58
80 used & new from $6.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkly Funny!, December 31, 2014
This review is from: Hellhole (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With a title like "Hellhole" I didn't expect this to be one of those laugh out loud type novels. I expect dark, despair, horror and desperation... however, what I got was quite a bit more than that. This book was funny! I can see this book easily being made into a dark humor comedy. Don't get me wrong, it's dark, yes. A teen boy releases a devil after stealing a small and seemingly insignigicant object for his deatlhy ill mother. He needs to send it back to... well.. hell... but first he wants the devil to do something for him. He wants the devil to heal his mother. Yea, I know it doesn't sound like a laugh riot, but you'd be surprised. I absolutley loved this book. However, if you aren't a fan of sarcasm or dark humor, this one isn't for you. But if you keep an open mind, you will love it.

Black Ice
Black Ice
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Price: $15.53
98 used & new from $5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling!, December 26, 2014
This review is from: Black Ice (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I loved Becca Fitzpatrick's previous series, Hush Hush. She is an amazing writer and I knew I would love her latest release, Black Ice. And I was right! Again, Becca Fitzpatrick's style of writing sucked me right in and I couldn't put it down.

Black Ice is chilling. Yes, I know that's a corny reference, but it's true! I had actual goosebumps at one point! I had no idea this book was going to be so suspenseful and I was truly in the dark as to who was bad and who was good. I have a horrible habit of sneaking a peak at the end of the book when the suspense gets to be too much, but I'm glad that I didn't. Because the ending is awesome. I wish I had bought this book for a few friends for Christmas so we could discuss it! I think I know what's they're getting for their birthdays though!! This would be a great book club read as well.

Samsung T24D310NH 23.6-Inch Screen LED-lit HDTV Monitor
Samsung T24D310NH 23.6-Inch Screen LED-lit HDTV Monitor
Price: Click here to see our price
43 used & new from $114.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Samsung T24d310NH 23.6 inch Screen LED-lit HDTV monitor is a great value for the price. Remember you aren't paying for a $800 tv so you aren't going to get $800 tv quality. That's not to say this isn't a great little tv though! My first thought is, this is a great secondary room tv, for the master bedroom, kids rooms, maybe even a child's room. You arent working with theater style cinema here, but it's great for small rooms. We installed this tv in my daughter's room and she loves it. The picture is crisp and clear. The menu style and remote is easy to use, although we have had Samsung tv's previously and are familiar with the setup etc. We have digital satelite for our cable provider, Directv, and had no issues setting it up. The sound is ....ok. Again, this is a middle grade tv so it's not going to have surround sound, but we found it to be relativley clear. I did not notice anything particularly horrible about it. We did hook it up as a monitor momentarily, and found no serious issues. But we are using it strictly for television viewing right now. All in all, Samsung is a name you can trust for electronics. And with this tv, you get what you pay for and then some.

OXO Good Grips Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Pro 13 Piece Set
OXO Good Grips Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Pro 13 Piece Set
Price: $399.99
7 used & new from $379.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Grips is Good Stuff!, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Oxo Cookware Good Grips 13-pieve Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Pro Cookware Set is by far the most amazing set of cookware I have ever owned! Now, granted, I am one of those people who never really paid much attention to my cookware. We are horribly and as long as the pots could cook mac and cheese, I was a happy camper. However, last year my husband and I embarked on a healthy eating initiative and suddenly, the cookware became important. When you can't smother the pan in butter anymore, you realize that you need cookware that heats evenly and to the proper temperature. This cookware set is very high quality. The stainless steel is heavy, but not too heavy.. just enough to make it feel secure. I was absolutely shocked at how beautiful the set is as well. In fact, I hate putting it away in the cabinet. There are measuring markings on some of the pots which is very helpful. The lids fit snugly. I have had mine in the dishwasher several times, and they come out looking beautiful! The handles are fantastic as well! It is a great set, I can't recommend it enough.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, 1.7 Ounce
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by FamilySupply
Price: $28.95
20 used & new from $22.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always been a huge Neutrogena fan! I don't think I've ever tried one of their products and not loved it. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel is another awesome product that I'm not going to be able to live without. This moisturizer is just perfection. First of all, it feels fantastic going on. It's cool and refreshing and light. It doesn't feel greasy, or leave a sheen. And best of all, it leaves my skin soft and supple. I've noticed my skin looks healthier, brighter and even my pores seems to shrink. I absolutely adore this product!

Frostfire (The Kanin Chronicles)
Frostfire (The Kanin Chronicles)
by Amanda Hocking
Price: $9.25
58 used & new from $4.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good start..., December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Oh man, I wanted to love this one. I have loved Amanda Hocking's previous novels. I had high hopes for this one. But Frostfire, sadly, did not live up to her previous work. First of all, not much happens. I realize that this is the first book in a series and most likely, the author is setting up the plot, working out the characters, backstory, etc... but I was just so bored. Why doesn't anyone write a stand alone book anymore? It's so frustrating reading the first book in a trilogy when it's set up this why. Why not just write a thicker novel? That way the readers come away with at least a little satisfaction. I have a feeling it may be more of the publishing company's decision, rather than the writer, but this trilogy nonsense needs to end.. or at least leave the reader wanting more.. not ready to throw the book across the room. There is nothing more frustrating to a reader than wasted time on a book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 1:23 AM PST

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird)
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird)
by Claudia Gray
Price: $13.46
70 used & new from $7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good!, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There has been a lot of hype surrounding this new book, A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. So I was very excited when I was offered a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A Thousand Pieces of You did not disappoint! I loved it! I am a huge sci fi fan, so I was immediately intrigued by the inter-dimensional story line. However, if you are not a Sci Fi fan like me, don't let that turn you off from trying this book. Yes, there is a time travel, multi dimensional aspect, but there is also a love story involved here. Not to mention, the writing is superb. Don't worry about getting bogged down by the science, it's fictional. You don't have to overanalyze. At the base, this is a great YA coming of age story with a touch of romance but lots of adventure. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves a good story! Great for high school age readers and beyond!

Earth & Sky (The Earth & Sky Trilogy)
Earth & Sky (The Earth & Sky Trilogy)
by Megan Crewe
Price: $9.18
56 used & new from $3.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Started slow but ended up loving it!, December 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe was one of those books that I didn't expect to like. I had a very time getting into it at first. I found it to be kind of slow in the beginning and almost put it down several times. However, I am glad I kept reading, because before long, the author had me pulled into the story and it wouldn't let go. I loved the storyline, although I have to admit it go to be a little confusing at times, hence the 4 stars instead of 5. But with time travel, aliens and premonitions there is a lot to juggle here. I would recommend this book to sci fi fans as well as YA romance and dystopian fans. But like I said, give it time. This story is worth the wait.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20