Profile for S. Henley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Henley RSS Feed (Philly, PA)

Girls in Trucks
Girls in Trucks
by Katie Crouch
159 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A lousy read that wasted my time, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Girls in Trucks (Paperback)
The reader intrigued me in the beginning of her novel, but I soon was lost in her world of a story that was going nowhere fast.
I'm a firm believer that books change people as writers invest in the reader (or at least a good book/writer should). "Girls in Trucks" left me the same person I was prior to reading it...Maybe even a lesser person for wasting my time on it...

Engaging God's World: A Christian Vision of Faith, Learning, and Living
Engaging God's World: A Christian Vision of Faith, Learning, and Living
by Cornelius Plantinga
Price: $13.63
120 used & new from $2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, January 11, 2011
This book was the text for one of my introductory Bible classes in college, and I was not expecting much from it. However, I can say that it is an extraordinary book that I plan to keep for years to come. Plantinga tells the story of creation, the fall, redemption, consummation, and Christian vocation in a straightforward, intriguing manor for young and old audiences alike.
Highly recommended.

Casio Exilim EX-Z1080 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Anti-Shake Optical Zoom (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this camera!, July 29, 2009
I LOVE this camera!!!
This was my second camera that I've purchased. My first one was a cheap one I used for middle school and didn't care much about. Then three years ago, I bought this one and have sworn by it since.
This camera is great at shooting action shots, and great outdoors. I use it on pets, and works great when I photograph nature and hang out with my friends. It has SO many modes to choose from like: youtube video, splashing water, autumn leaves, soft flowing water, auction, text, underwater, whiteboard, old photo, and more. The underwater mode really performed well when I went to the Aquarium - took great pics of all the fish.
One negative that I do have about the camera, is that it isn't quite as good at shooting in 'underexposed' or darker rooms without natural light.
I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.
I bought this case:
and it works AMAZINGLY. I've had the camera for 3 years, and there's still not a scratch on it.
Hope this helps...

Holding His Hand: A Devotional for Teen Girls
Holding His Hand: A Devotional for Teen Girls
by Beka DeWitt
Price: $9.66
50 used & new from $0.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Too basic, December 6, 2008
This devotional was not what i expected it to be. As a 16 yr old, it was too basic and didn't help me grow in my faith at all. Maybe this was more designed for the 12 and 13 year old crowd...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2012 11:28 AM PDT

The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God
The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God
by Brent Curtis
Price: $13.39
1042 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright....?, December 5, 2008
It was a good book. Kinda. I got lost in the words and how many different directions the author was going in. I really did find some great truths in this book that encouraged me, but its not what other reviewers lead me to believe. I do recommend it, to an extent.