Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Desert Gypsy > Reviews

Browse

Desert Gypsy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 825
Top Reviewer Ranking: 944

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Desert Gypsy "A Brooklyn Girl Out West" RSS Feed (Southern Utah, USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Duncan 2-Piece Short Handle Holder, Black
Duncan 2-Piece Short Handle Holder, Black
Price: $6.99
5 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars these work even better for me with a slight tweak....., February 23, 2012
I bought these to help manage a large wok and found that they open just a bit too far for me at the split, causing me to be concerned that they might fall off at a critical moment. I used some elastic cord to run a loop through and tied it off, tightening the "clam shell effect". Still leaves it flexible enough for pinching and easy on and off but just makes the grip slightly more secure.

The heat resistance is excellent and these are just the right size and thickness to get a really good grip on the pot handles. I love that they easily rinse clean of any messes. Pleased with this purchase and highly recommended.

Carhartt Women's Long Sleeve Vneck T-Shirt,Black (Closeout),XX-Large
Carhartt Women's Long Sleeve Vneck T-Shirt,Black (Closeout),XX-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars: nice fabric/finish but cut a little smaller than usual?, February 23, 2012
I have been a Carhartt clothing fan for a while now and this tee is the exception to the rule as far as me getting a good fit from them. I guess this one was cut a little on the slim side compared to their usual casual offerings - fit a little snug in a size that would normally run just a little loose for me.

Other than the fit, the fabric and construction are up to Carhartt's usual standards so four stars for quality, three for overall fit = 3.5 overall.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars well built but *small* bed...., February 22, 2012
This is a *very* cushy, high quality pet bed but very small sleeping area due to the puffy side walls. The sides measure about 5.5 in across each, then 8.5-9 inches diameter across the center sleeping area. That makes the sleeping area a little smaller than an average dinner plate.

My kitty barely fits in this bed at nine months old and will soon outgrow this. I've added a photo so you can see he can curl up really tightly in it; sometimes that's his preference but generally he prefers the other pet beds in the home where he can stretch out a bit more.

I gave four stars for the excellent construction and materials.

Bottomline: good for some, better for others, not so much for us though. I would recommend this for kittens or cats under five pounds.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2013 4:00 AM PDT

Richard Simmons - Disco Sweat
Richard Simmons - Disco Sweat
DVD ~ Richard Simmons
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $27.99
13 used & new from $14.01

4.0 out of 5 stars okay, laugh all you want...., February 22, 2012
Richard Simmons may not be everyone's cup of tea but when you are trying to get healthy and loose weight I really believe you should look for a track records of who/what works, who/what has integrity, and who/what is truly motivating. In my opinion, Richard is a triple treat in all those aspects.

As far as this DVD routine goes, I haven't been able to get past level one yet; I've been in a bit of a health challenge for several months so for me and my somewhat limited abilities at the moment this is a serious workout. I rotate this with other exercise and I am looking forward to going further with Disco Sweat in the coming months.

The disco songs are fun and familiar. The moves aren't too hard to follow and if I get lost I just march in place for a moment to catch up. I found it easiest to watch one particular person in the crowd that was doing modifiers of the moves and to try to keep pace with him/her. This is nearly an hour long from start to finish so you can break it up into more manageable sections or do the whole thing if you're able to. Richard keeps the energy high by by giving positive shout outs to you the whole way.

If you like kitschy and over the top sparkle gym shorts on your fitness cheerleader you will LOVE this DVD.

Recommended for those who want a good workout and those who want to have fun doing so.

Lounge by Mark Nason Men's Custer Driving Moccasin
Lounge by Mark Nason Men's Custer Driving Moccasin

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly as described, but...., February 22, 2012
I thought these menswear mocs would be fabulous with a pair of cuffed jean capris. They meet the description exactly as far as running true to size, high quality suede, appearance/matching the photos, and how the distressed finish and overall workmanship is described. Unfortunately the front of the shoe tapers a bit too low in the toe box to provide a comfortable fit for me. Going back in the box for a return.

Brent & Sam's Pure Naturals Cookies, Extra Chocolate Chip, 7-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Brent & Sam's Pure Naturals Cookies, Extra Chocolate Chip, 7-Ounce (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars the grown up version of chips ahoy, February 22, 2012
These are really good cookies - very similar in taste to the large size chocolate chip cookies from Pepperidge Farms or a better quality version of Chips Ahoy. Very crispy, lots of chips! A little smaller than a silver dollar in size. They have a very slight hint of coconut flavor to them which IMO enhances the chocolate flavor. A good choice for chocolate chip cookie lovers!

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre - 40 Dore
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre - 40 Dore

5.0 out of 5 stars universally wonderful!, February 22, 2012
This loose powder from Chanel is wonderfully light and translucent. Takes down shine without giving a "powdered" finish and evens out my skin just enough that I don't really need to use foundation, just a little concealer around the eyes. One jar has lasted a couple of years for me. It has a shaker top - with the lid closed, give a quick shake and the product is dispensed into an upper section of the lid; smart packaging because if you were to ever drop it you would not spill the entire container. Also keeps too much product from getting on the brush.

No scent, doesn't clog my pres, looks like a refined air brushed finish in natural sunlight. I often balance this with just a touch of bronzer for a more natural look.

Pleased with this product and happy to recommend.

Holmes HEPA Type Filter HAPF30D-U2, Filter A, 2 Pack
Holmes HEPA Type Filter HAPF30D-U2, Filter A, 2 Pack
14 used & new from $83.52

4.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised but i finally stopped throwing good $$$ after bad...., February 22, 2012
Three years ago I bought a Holmes HAP706-U True HEPA Mini-Tower Allergen Remover - you can see my review on that page. Not doing enough homework prior to this purchase, I didn't realize that I'd be eternally indebted to this tiny money pit for these rather expensive filters.

The filters to work as advertised so I am giving them four stars - minus one for expensive, but I've finally decided to CUT THE CORD on this unit. For what I've spent on replacement filters it just simply is NOT competitive as far as cost effectiveness compared to other bigger, better, more efficient units available.

If you are happy with this unit these are good replacement filters but otherwise I'd recommend looking into another unit entirely.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great for homes with pets!, February 22, 2012
I have both a cat and a dog in the home and certain fabrics just can't be washed all the time; this works really well to refresh their bedding between washes. This Biokleen formula has a really light clean scent (slightly minty citrus) that dissipates quickly and just leaves things smelling fresh. I like this much better than strongly scented products like Febreeze.

Highly recommended!

Jerdon 8-Inch Two-Sided Swivel Wall Mount Mirror with 8x Magnification, 13.5-Inch Extension
Price: $43.36 - $222.62

5.0 out of 5 stars 8x fabulous!, February 22, 2012
I debated whether to purchase the 5x magnification or this 8x magnification mirror and I am so glad i went with this 8x version for my purchase. It makes it so easy to accomplish fine tasks like tweezing eyebrows. The tilt/adjustability of the mirror works great and stays put once I set it in place. Has made my makeup look softer and better as I can see the need for less product and more blending.

I love the brushed nickel finish and classic styling. This mirror is installed in a bathroom and I've had no issues with rust; after eighteen months now it still looks brand new. I agree with other reviewers that if you have access to a stud it's better to use one. Since the swing arm is in use at least once a day and it did come a but loose from the wall over time; I've had to uninstall and add a better wall anchor.

Would definitely purchase again and highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20