Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes
Profile for Christian Campfield > Reviews

Christian Campfi...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christian Campfield RSS Feed (New York)

The New Depression: The Breakdown of the Paper Money Economy
The New Depression: The Breakdown of the Paper Money Economy
by Richard Duncan
Price: $26.41
66 used & new from $5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Guy That Understands the Reality of the Situation, August 19, 2012
Richard Duncan has a unique view about the world economic situation. The book is insightful and balanced. Basically, it's too late for the Austrian theories. We are so far into debt that a consolidation of government and government spending would likely send the US into a depression so deep that the country would not hold together.(I know some people think the collapse of the government would lead to greater freedom, but I think years of starvation, gangs, high crime, and lawlessness is a situation to be avoided at any cost.) You have to read the book to get a real understanding of the mechanics behind what we are seeing. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 7:35 AM PDT

LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition Playstation 3
Offered by Exuby
Price: $22.95
156 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multiplayer game for kids and adults., August 14, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Got this game so my daughters and myself could play together. It's great. They are 10 and 8 and we have the best time playing together.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Where Seekers Become Finders, May 26, 2005
If you've always wanted to become an "enlightened" person, but didn't know how, there is good news. Wolfgang's teaching is now accessible in three languages (Enlish, French, and German) to serious seekers with access to the internet. You won't find long discourses on things like consciousness, atman, or ego. Through his teaching he is like a master locksmith. He helps unlock the mysteries of what it means to be human and to live in freedom.

As I have experienced his teaching, I have found him patient, respectful, honest (but not brutal), and intelligent. Before I worked with Wolfgang I was a serious seeker. I can honestly say that I found what I was looking for. To that last sentence I should add that in spite of all my reading, traveling, and meditating, I probably wouldn't have gone from a seeker to a finder without his expert guidance.

The web site is well put together and offers a good amount of information introducing the basic concepts of Wolfgang's teaching. The web site includes extracts from his e-book NLP & Beyond, with an endorsement by his friend and brother Dr. Stephen Wolinsky, as well as e-mail dialogues-transcripts with seekers who have followed this teaching to become finders.

If you read over the web site and aren't yet sure if you want to become an active student, you can register with the final dialogue forum. In the forum you can talk to many of Wolfgang's past students to help you make your decision.

Kodokan Judo With Master Technician Kyuzo Mifune [VHS]
Kodokan Judo With Master Technician Kyuzo Mifune [VHS]
Offered by Panda House
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, August 23, 2003
A brilliant video of a master judo player. I have never seen, in person, a person with this level of skill. He's 70+ years old on the video and he's tossing guys around like rag dolls. As best as I can tell, they were really trying to throw Mifune, though unsuccessful. The quality isn't the best, but it was good enough for me. Anyone who is interested in judo, jiu-jitsu or bjj would benefit a great deal from this tape. (Though much of the groundfighting is old news for pure bjj practitioners.)

Higher Judo
Higher Judo
by Moshe Feldenkrais
3 used & new from $51.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Judo Stuff That Has Proven Timeless, May 27, 2001
This review is from: Higher Judo (Hardcover)
The full title of the book is "Higher Judo - Ground Work" I have been practicing bjj for a while and found a good amount of techniques that it seems the community forgot about. What pleased me about the book was that the author doesn't simply explain the moves, he intertwines the explanation of the moves with the strategy ones needs to make it work. The book has many drawings, but you will need at least 1 to 2 years experience to make real sense of them. I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to maximize his/her ground fighting skills with a gi.

Power to the People! : Russian Strength Training Secrets for Every American
Power to the People! : Russian Strength Training Secrets for Every American
by Pavel Tsatsouline
46 used & new from $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars It is worth the price., February 11, 2001
Reading the other reviews of this book helped me decide to go ahead with the purchase. I have been lifting weights on and off for over ten years. After some consistant training I always had a problem of getting too tight and feeling restricted in my movements. This was even more of a problem as I got more and more involved in martial arts. After all these years I finally found a method to get stronger without feeling like I am loosing flexability (I think I've even gained some range of motion). So far (2 months) I find the claims the author makes on the back cover to be no exaggeration - he's all he is cracked up to be.
If you are interested in strength, I recommend this book over all others. Don't waste you time or money on anything else. The author's ideas are contrary to the popular methods in use. But, I find that his ideas match my actual experience. For example, the basic rule of "bulking up" is to do heavy weight for only a few reps. Absolutely not true. For years I bought into that theory. Luckily I came accross this book.
Lastly, I recommend this book to all martial artists. You don't have to look like a freak off a California beach to be monsterously stong. In fact you can be equally as strong, probably stronger in MUCH less time. Finally there is a safe way to get strong for those of us that are "chemically challenged."
(I should also mention that although I have been getting consitant and powerfull results, I don't know if it works for everyone.) Good luck.

Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas
Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas
by A. H. Almaas
Price: $21.08
91 used & new from $5.02

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the last "spiritual" book I bought., October 14, 2000
This book hit all the right spots for me. I bought it when it first came out. In spite of the fact that I had read many good books on inner work before this one, I was still surprised by the power that the words had on me. What really pleased me about this work is that it treats the ennea-types as fixations. I have found that in my own life, I was not just one type for very long. In other words, I could relate to all the other "types" at one time or another. Almaas explaines this by saying that if you have one fixation, in a sense you have all of them. If you are totally free from one fixation, you are free from all of them. One's inner orientation is either on the ennea-fixations or on the "Holy Ideas." There a many details about this that I hope you will read for yourself. I would recommend this book for those people that have had some experience with inner work already. I wouldn't recommend this book if you have had very little or no experience with inner work. I don't think proir knowlege of the enneagram is necessary to get the most from this book.