Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for KTLynn > Reviews

Browse

KTLynn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

KTLynn RSS Feed (Pacific, Missouri)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Green Fields Series Box Set: Books 1-3
The Green Fields Series Box Set: Books 1-3
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars which means if you love these (you will), July 22, 2016
I have been a HUGE fan of the series since reading the first book, Incubation, in December 2015. The story starts out a little different than any other ZA book I've ever read. So much so, in fact, that I stopped 1/3 of the way through the book to double check that I was actually reading a ZA book! That different beginning made me 100% more invested in the characters, because the back story really had a lot of personal development that frames the entire series. I'm a sucker for any book that makes me invested in the characters, and Ms. Lecter is a pro!
This is only books 1-3, which means if you love these (you will), then you have two more to read! There are things from the first book or two that reemerge as relevant details in the later books, which makes the story all the more cohesive.
If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, action or apocalyptic books, these are well worth your read. This is one series I have marked on the calendar for their release dates- and if you give them a shot, you will too! I'm re-reading this bundle again before book #6 comes out- because I know there will be an Easter egg or two that I have missed.

Recovery: V Plague Book 8
Recovery: V Plague Book 8
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series; certainly worth the time to read, July 2, 2016
With the insane cliffhanger of the last book, I was SO glad to be able to buy this one immediately. I can't imagine having to wait- it's one blessing to having discovered this series when it was so far in already.
Another great addition to a great story. Fans of this genre will not be disappointed with the time investment of this series.

A Little More Dead (Dead Series Book 1)
A Little More Dead (Dead Series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth your time to read, July 2, 2016
I'm a huge fan of this genre, and with well over a hundred read of this type, I can say I certainly wasn't disappointed.
No well-honed military types here, just regular folks barely scraping by in a deadly world. I like that the main character, Paul, keeps counting his "lucky breaks," which are minor in the face of the many obstacles he encounters.

Resurgence: Green Fields book 5
Resurgence: Green Fields book 5
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Addition, June 30, 2016
I've loved the Green Fields series since book #1, and all of the great attributes from previous installments have been continued in book #5.
Resurgence is an excellent title for this book, defining what it means to the series. (SPOILERS AHEAD!!)

This chapter in the epic tale of Nate- and Bree(!) had given the author SO much more to expand on in future installments. It revisited people we hadn't heard from in a while- and, to my delight, even circled back to some characters we hadn't known we had always missed. Bravo, Adrienne Lecter- you've hooked this reader even more than previous installments. I can't wait for the next one!

The Retreat #4: Alamo
The Retreat #4: Alamo
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Installment, June 23, 2016
I typically don't love short books, because I like to invest myself in the characters. However, I'm very glad I gave series a shot, because the story is spectacular.
The vast number of characters forces me to double check "who-is-that-again" on more than one occasion. While that isn't ideal, it does lend a bit of reality to the story- one set of characters are obviously going to encounter various others, even for short periods of time, in this hellish world.
I continue to love the horror of the Klowns and the different sort of post-apocalyptic twist present in this series, and I'm very much looking forward to the next installment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2016 3:12 PM PDT

A Broken World
A Broken World
by Andrew Lauck
Price: $11.95
21 used & new from $9.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Entertaining, but not enthralling, May 17, 2016
This review is from: A Broken World (Paperback)
I've read hundreds of Z-poc fiction, and this is an entertaining story, but far from a favorite. I think it's a standalone novel, bc it has a definite ending (one never knows, in this genre).
Stylistically, there was a LOT of gratuitous foreboding, which took away from the more intense parts. It employs a lot of situations common to this type of story, some more believable than others.
Bottom line: I won't reread, and the story is quickly fading from my memory- take that however you will.

iPhone 6s Case, Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [Crystal Clear] Clear back panel + TPU bumper for iPhone 6 (2014) / 6s (2015) - Crystal Clear (SGP11598)
Price: $10.99
44 used & new from $8.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 16, 2016
After shattering my iPhone 5, I was super paranoid about protection for my 6S. I cannot stand to have something on my screen, and the Otterbox & LifeProof cases are far too bulky for me.
It's been nearly 7 months since I purchased this case, and I've dropped my phone at least two dozen times. I'm extremely satisfied. No problems so far.

Carhartt Men's Big & Tall Signature Sleeve Logo Midweight  Sweatshirt Hooded,Dark Crimson,X-Large Tall
Carhartt Men's Big & Tall Signature Sleeve Logo Midweight Sweatshirt Hooded,Dark Crimson,X-Large Tall
Price: $42.99
3 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, May 16, 2016
I wasn't aware when purchasing, but Carhartt sweatshirts run a bit large. My boyfriend is 6'2" and 255lbs, and the XL Tall fits perfectly. We still wash it cold & lay flat to dry, just to avoid shrinkage, but very satisfied overall.

VVIVID Deset Camouflage Vinyl Wrap 12" x 5ft Film for DIY No Mess Easy to Install Air-release Adhesive

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable & Easy To Use, May 16, 2016
Very good quality, durable vinyl. I purchased this to use with my Silhouette Portrait, to decorate favors for my best friend's baby shower. The camo print was a little more spaced out than I anticipated, and more browns than greens. It still worked out wonderfully. I heat set the adornment with a hair dryer on high heat, and they are completely dishwasher safe!

The Tide: Breakwater (Tide Series Book 2)
The Tide: Breakwater (Tide Series Book 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, May 5, 2016
I've spent the better part of my week finishing all three books in this series, and I must say: I'm not disappointed in the least!
Very entertaining; a captivating story that's well worth your time.
If you like the Extinction Cycle series by Nicholas Sansbury Smith, you'll love this series as well! (And if you haven't read that series, I also recommend!)
I read quite a bit in this realm of storytelling, and love the books that make me emotionally invested in the characters. This is one of those series' that tells a great story while developing the characters in a gradual way that allows the reader to bond with them individually. It has a great balance of action, with just enough mystery that makes you want more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5