Profile for M. Richmond > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Richmond "misterspock1" RSS Feed (Schofield, WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Bike Rassine Notorious Drift Trike, Green Frame with Blue Trim
Bike Rassine Notorious Drift Trike, Green Frame with Blue Trim
Price: $318.27
7 used & new from $289.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great trike, for having some fun, some nitpicks, June 25, 2014
I recently received this trike for my Birthday, purchased from Amazon, I have balance issues and cannot use a 2-wheel bike well. This was the more inexpensive alternative to a 1000 dollar recumbent bike. It's fun to use it really moves downhill, but requires a bit of effort, understandably, on slightly uphill moves. I don't like that you kind of recline like a low rider on the thing, personally I prefer to sit up straight when I ride. The seat is comfortable when stationary, but particularly when moving over the sidewalk, every divide is reverberated into my behind, so I'm thinking of adding some foam for my seat and perhaps my back to sit up straighter.
Overall though, it is great for the exercise, after my first hour and forty-five minutes of riding I felt worked out from my head to my feet, and it is a lot of fun to ride. Bottom line: Good, but built for fun, not comfort.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 7:32 PM PDT

Western Digital WD Scorpio Black 750 GB SATA 3 GB/s 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Internal Bulk/OEM 2.5-Inch Mobile Hard Drive
Offered by Finity India
Price: $69.00
20 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for a dying 1 tereabyte, December 16, 2013
Found out that the drives installed in retail laptops, don't carry over a one year warranty, and the laptop manufacturer bears responsibility for the repair, so if your laptop warranty is out, so are you. Western Digital black drives, have a nice five year warranty and for that I give them five stars.

90W AC Power Adapter Charger for Dell XPS m-1530 310-7441 5t215 FA90PS0-00 pa 3e pp42l Laptop +Cord
Offered by EasyBuy Tech
Price: $10.34
7 used & new from $6.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it worked not much more to say., October 2, 2013
It did the job, fairly inexpensive arrived within a week. Would buy it again if I needed it. Happy. :)

Black Keyboard Protector Skin Cover for 11.6-inch Acer Aspire for S3 S5 S3-331 S3-371 S3-391 S3-951 S5-391 Series Us Layout
Offered by CaseBuy
Price: $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, August 13, 2013
Fits my 11.6" Acer 725, easy to clean, I just run it under the sink, maybe add a little soap if I want and let it dry and it's good to go. I got it originally to help protect from possible contact with the keyboard keys on the screen and am happy with its performance. Sometimes I have to push a little bit harder on some keys, because of the silicone-fit, but most of the time it works great.

Panasonic EW3109W Portable Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor White/Grey
Panasonic EW3109W Portable Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor White/Grey
Price: Click here to see our price
97 used & new from $39.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, June 7, 2013
Our previous BP pump was a manual pump and a pain, this one has an auto pump and so far is working great!

2GB [2x1GB] RAM Memory Upgrade for the Dell Dimension 4600 (DDR-400, PC3200)
2GB [2x1GB] RAM Memory Upgrade for the Dell Dimension 4600 (DDR-400, PC3200)
Offered by 4AllDeals
Price: $20.42

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, April 21, 2013
Good price, for standard DDR RAM, and fyi, it doesn't have to be a Dimension 4600 to work, and it works, enough said.

DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
Offered by LCClink
Price: $2.59
147 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and they work..., March 17, 2012
I have ordered around 4 of these cables and they have all worked. To those who complain about the occasional, non-working cable, I will point to two things A) Theses cables are cheap, you could order 4 for the cheapest retail store price and B) You could try requesting a replacement... I, for one, am happy.

Cooler Master Elite Power - 460W Power Supply (RS460-PSARI3-US)
Cooler Master Elite Power - 460W Power Supply (RS460-PSARI3-US)
Price: $36.82
33 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, March 1, 2011
Fixed a relative's computer with this power supply, definitely beats a stock HP, and at $29.99, can't beat the price for a name brand. 5 stars are for price and quality versus a stock supply, can't rate it for longevity since it was only put it in a couple weeks ago.

The Time Traveler's Wife: Unabridged Edition
The Time Traveler's Wife: Unabridged Edition
by Audrey Niffenegger
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $23.27
52 used & new from $0.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Were not at 88 mph Marty!, September 16, 2010
I seldom read romance, but I could not resist the draw of a book featuring a time traveler. My favorite book since age 10 is Well's "The Time Machine" and a favorite movie series of mine, logically follows is Back to the Future. So I took a deep breath and dived in.
The book is certainly not an ordinairy romance and even snarky, cynical me likes the idea of a relationship that transcends space and time. Meeting her when he is much older as a young girl, and patiently waiting and being a gentleman, of course.
Unfortunately after you get past the fact that Henry travels through time due to a medical problem, what you are left with is a standard love story that ranges from bliss, to angst, to tragedy.
Any philisophical debates about the nature of time travel and changing the future are simply side-stepped--the implications of his tampering with the future is never really discussed by the author--everything just works, rather fatalisticly perhaps, but it plods along as if time travel weren't something amazing but rather just an annoyance or even mundane.
This is, to me, a shame, because Henry is so well versed in classical literature and philosophy, indicating the author has done her homework--at the cost of making the characters seem a bit pretentious--This could have been so much more scifi mind-blowing then it was, but that of course, wasn't the author's intent.
On a side not The time Traveller's "wife" that the story's title refers to, is downright boring. She is a starving artist and well, that's about it, maybe there should have been something more to give her more depth and to make her more than a pretty face and devoted wife.
If you're looking for Marty and Doc Brown or even a few Morlocks, this will not get your DeLorean purring. But if your usual fair is Harlequin romance, this will be something a little different, yet shouldn't step outside your comfort zone too much.

Bully Scholarship Edition - PC
Bully Scholarship Edition - PC
Offered by redonedeal
Price: $49.43
6 used & new from $29.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent once I figured out how to get it running, August 31, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My copy, after downloading and applying the patch released April in 2009, [...] runs all right... once I read and tried the techniques discussed here: [...] I finally got my game working by applying a directx 9 cab file to my Windows 7 installation and disabling all audio in my sound card section but my main sound card via the control panel.

The controls are a direct port of the Xbox 360 and thus are poorly implemented, I however have an Xbox 360 wireless controller, which the game was actually designed to work with via PC so it's okay.

All in all getting it to work was a headache, but after the initial headache I have experienced no crashing problems (I'm only about an hour into the game however) and have been enjoying the game, save wondering if I might have been happier buying GTA or perhaps Fallout 3. (The game is fun but it gets tedious fast.).

Page: 1 | 2