Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for OJ Silk > Reviews

Browse

OJ Silk's Profile

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OJ Silk RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
nonda MI22GDRN World's Smallest USB-C to USB-A Full Aluminum Mini Adapter, Designed in Germany, for new MacBook - Space Grey
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the MacBook 12 Retina ~ fits like a glove, April 29, 2016
This truly goes perfect with my Macbook Retina. I like the Macbook's smaller footprint & not bothered by the 1 USB-C port because of products like these. I have several good USB 3.0 flash drives so I didn't want to buy a USB-C/USB-3 drive. Instead for a minimal cost, I add this mini adapter that is perfectly designed to go with the Macbook & all is well. The adapter snaps in perfectly (you hear the little click & get a tiny light). I'm not sure why some folks are saying that it's loose. I highly recommend this product. Made specifically for the Macbook 12 Retina & it shows.

Cable Matters USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C & Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible) to HDMI 4K UHD Adapter in Black (Up to 720p on Lumia 950/950XL)
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $44.99
3 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable Matters -- Amazon's best for cables & adapters., April 29, 2016
I have bought several cables & adapters from Cable Matters & they've become my go-to company for that on Amazon. I needed a USB-C to HDMI for my Macbook Retina & tested the Apple AV adapter but though it worked, every time I'd put the Macbook to sleep, I'd get strange little feedback from the monitor. So I went ahead and ordered the USB-C to HDMI adapter from Cable Matters and it's perfect. Much more affordable & I prefer the smaller footprint vs. Apple's triple adapter (HDMI, USB & Power). For me, separating them works as I always have enough charge to run through my uses, I seldom have a need to connect the USB 3 & when I do, I purchased nonda's mini adapter, whom is very small, matches the space gray & works very well (I preferred the design & reviews were positive). In summary, very happy once again with Cable Matters. I trust them and recommend their products.

Dell S2715H 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Dell S2715H 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Price: $260.32
68 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mac Mini's perfect companion, April 25, 2016
I've always liked to have a work station at home with a desktop (alongside a laptop for on-the-go). I use a Mac Mini for home since it performs great alongside being aesthetically pleasing. I needed a monitor to go with it but my hutch only allows for 24.2 inches wide & 19 tall. I wanted a 27-inch screen but due to the limitations, I thought I'd have to settle a 24 since most 27's are 24.5+ wide. Then I ran into this Dell, who's bezel is so razor thin, all packed into a 27-inch screen in just 24.06 inches wide (fit like a glove for me). The question then would be, how would it perform? Being that it's 1920x1080 on a 27, I was slightly concerned. Instead, I ended up being very pleased. It feels to me as if I own an Apple Thunderbolt Display (it even has the silver base to match my Mac Mini). The cherry on the cake was the built-in speakers (two 9w speakers), that sound great. Overall, very pleased and you can get this for $249 these days. In Summary, if you don't want to spend $999 on an Apple Display and want something that favorably complements your Mac Mini, then this is it. You'll have a setup that performs nicely, looks good & at a very good price.

Ratchet & Clank - PlayStation 4
Ratchet & Clank - PlayStation 4
Price: $37.76
84 used & new from $28.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & Fun. Now can we get Jak & Daxter..., April 19, 2016
Beautiful game. Fun to play. Now all we need is Jak & Daxter...

EA Sports UFC 2 - PlayStation 4
EA Sports UFC 2 - PlayStation 4
Price: $39.99
76 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars UFC 2 more fun than original, March 15, 2016
Here are my early impressions since I've only had the game a few hours...
In comparison to it's first offering, I find UFC 2 a lot easier to get into. Overall, I find the game more fun. As a UFC fan that watches all of their events, the overall presentation is also very good. Great roster, too that includes every fighter I can think of (even retired legends GSP, Chuck Liddell, Royce Gracie and even Bas Rutten via pre-purchase bonus or via fighter store). If you had the original UFC, Bruce Lee is automatically added.

Early impression highlights:
More fun, easier for the casual gamer.
Fun modes like Knockout mode.
Excellent true-life UFC presentation.
Fighters get bloodied up a little quicker (that's always fun).
Grappling & transitions are not as difficult.

I play games for fun & love UFC so this appeals to me. However, these are only early impressions. I'll update if anything seems significant to share for an aspiring buyer.

Sensi Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, UP500W for Smart Home, Works with Alexa
Sensi Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, UP500W for Smart Home, Works with Alexa
Price: $129.00
13 used & new from $109.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Nest disappointed, Sensi impressed, January 12, 2016
Tried Nest & didn't hate it but for $250, didn't love it. Disappointed that the actual temperature was not displayed.
So I researched some more & bought the Sensi. Love it. Incredibly easy setup (20-30 minutes for anyone). Solid app that easily let's you program anything and everything (Hot, Cold, a mix, whatever). More importantly, it connects to their server. This thermostat does what it says, is very customizeable and reliable. It costs just $100. Highly recommend. Note: Have been using it for 2 weeks only.

Madden NFL 16 - PlayStation 4
Madden NFL 16 - PlayStation 4
Price: $29.88
218 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy upgrade over '15, especially for Prime members, August 26, 2015
The game is improved in every way, though not leaps and bounds over Madden 15 because that game was good in itself. More realistic football situations are included this year -- ie. penalties, big time catches (focus is definitely on WR/DB matchup). Graphics (particularly player face scans) & overall presentation (more realistic crowds) are also slightly improved. If you're a die hard football fan, then upgrading to Madden 16 is worth it due to it's upgrades /improvements. Worth noting that Prime members get $10.00 off ($49.99).

MoKo iPad Air 2 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Cover Case with Rubberized back for Apple iPad Air 2 (iPad 6) 9.7 Inch iOS 8 Tablet, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Sleep / wake)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $10.95
10 used & new from $5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Air 2 version -- Thumbs up!, October 26, 2014
I was happy to receive my Moko iPad Air 2 case this morning -- earlier than anticipated & most importantly, very happy with the case. Just as nice as Apple's $40 Smart Cover & under $10. All the cutouts are perfect, the sleep wake works great & it's nice and slim. I'm also confident in the build quality as my last Moko case never deteriorated. In summary, I highly recommend this case. Don't understand why anyone would spend $40 on other cases.

LG Electronics 60LB5900 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV (2014 Model)
LG Electronics 60LB5900 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV (2014 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't need SMART functionality, this one's for you!, August 29, 2014
If you're looking for a 2014 model without Smart TV Functionality, less than $1,000 & amazing picture -- you've found what you're looking for --
1) Great price for a quality 60-inch LED ($879 average).
2) Don't want Smart TV features (or 3D) -- prefer connecting to Xbox1, PS4, AppleTV, Roku or Amazon Fire TV.
3) Excellent picture w/good refresh rate (seems better than 120Hz).
4) Good sound from the two-10 watt speakers (20-watts total).
5) Love the matte/silver bezel. Thin, Modern & Elegant (if you want black, this isn't for you).

Notes:
1) Only 2 HDMI inputs. That works well with my current setup as I only use 1 (Xfiniti X1 box runs through Xbox1). Still leaves me with a spare, however, some may need more.
2) Shares common LED issue -- Side viewing angle. Meant to be watched front and center.
3) If you're looking for SmartTV features, this is not for you. I was looking for TVs without these features since I have them available through other sources and didn't want to pay extra $200+ to have them.

For me, this was the perfect TV. I was looking for a good quality 60-inch LED, without having to pay extra for Smart TV functionality or 3D. Very satisfied with my purchase.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2015 1:00 AM PST

UFC - PlayStation 4
UFC - PlayStation 4
Offered by DarkwingLLC
Price: $17.69
175 used & new from $11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too many button combinations, June 17, 2014
This review is from: UFC - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
I've played many UFC games going back a while, including THQ's UFC Undisputed series & EA Sports MMA.

Here are my first impressions since the game just came out -- it's OK. I have three main gripes so far:
1) Way too many button combinations. You'll need to invest a lot of time to master these. It's hard to dodge punches & defend takedowns.
2) Unrealistic striking as the amount landed is insane. Most of them don't show proper/necessary impact. Many strikes just bounce off without damage. You can land a perfect strike & the damage will be that of an ordinary jab.
3) Striking graphics are also strange & not as good as the Undisputed series or Fight Night (Boxing, EA). The knockout animations are inferior to prior offerings. Sometimes a strike doesn't seem to land (or barely graze), yet it's the knockout blow (almost like a ghost punch).

On the positive side -- the game is still fun to play & the roster is great. It includes current, retired (ie. St. Pierre) & legendary fighters (ie. Liddell). As many know, Bruce Lee was also included (pre-order bonus). Royce Gracie can be unlocked or purchased as well. All the fighter models look great.

I will post an update as I spend more time with the game (career mode, etc.). But wanted to give a first impression for anyone who wanted to get an opinion from someone who's actually played the game. So far, a little disappointing but that may change once I spend more time with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5