Profile for B. Speer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 202

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Speer RSS Feed (Auburn, California USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revolution Carolina Team Disc Golf Bag - Multi-Cam
Revolution Carolina Team Disc Golf Bag - Multi-Cam
Offered by Gotta Go Gotta Throw
Price: $199.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Manage has lost their way. I own an original first model still strong. Now way over the top prices, IMHO, February 4, 2015
I have owned this bag so long it is thoroughly beat up yet with years of life left to go. Problem is I bought mine for about $100 when they began and offered one model only. This current model sold for about $115 a year or two ago. Had to buy direct. Now they have gone big time and so has the price. I recently switched to a much lighter and cheaper bag for about $35. It is not the same heavy construction but much less hassle to carry and no one needs 16+ discs to play a round. At $200 this is a joke IMHO. It seems disc players keep wanting to carry more and more so often they now PUSH $400 baby carts with a bag and cooler filled with beer. To each his own, bless them, LOL Been writing to LowePro to see if I can convince them to make disc golf bags. They have made super quality backpacks and camera bags for decades. Their prices are under $100 for detailed quality bags for cameras. I own ten for different purposes. Revolution, good luck and good bye...................

Search And Rescue 18 Foot Orange Ring Retriever
Search And Rescue 18 Foot Orange Ring Retriever
Price: $40.12
3 used & new from $32.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, Another Disc Golfer. My old one won't extend well or lock. Discs cost more than golf balls by far, LOL, February 4, 2015
How funny! I'm another disc golfer. When you pay $18 for a disc you want to get it out of the water even more than a "ball golfer". Been using a 25yr old 18' retriever but the slip joints don't want to slip or lock anymore. I keep mine in the car. It is worth going back for if one goes in the water.
Once a fellow player threw his in our local lake. It was his upshot, putter for many years. Then with long sticks we muddied up the water trying so hard but it was out of reach. Next day alone, got my retriever out of garage, found that disc in settled clear water and at the 18' max laying on the mossy bottom. Cleaned it like new. Few days later our group played again. I snuck it in the owner's bag. He freaked out, LOL I winked to another player and he ratted me out, LOL

Definitely gotten my cost back many times over often retrieving others discs when there was no other way but swimming, LOL 5yrs later, yesterday, played and that guy still throws that retrieved disc. ............but my double partner and I won.

Happy Trails P.S. Planning to cut a little off the end for about a 180deg curved hook

MagLite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED Flashlight, Black
MagLite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED Flashlight, Black
Price: $27.28
149 used & new from $18.42

1.0 out of 5 stars WAY, Way too big, wrong batteries, and wrong LEDs, February 3, 2015
Even the LED version of this is a joke along with the price and battery size. In the last year or two I threw this model and the two cell version in the trash. How's that for an unrecommend ?

Maglite needs to start all over again and design something that includes the major advances in flash lights that sell for well under $20 and use the latest batteries that last much longer with simple recharging once or twice a year. Maglite is way too late with way to little although it is actually TOO big unless you need a club. When is the last time you clubbed someone?? LOL

Dramm 15075 ColorStorm Spinning Sprinkler, Blue
Dramm 15075 ColorStorm Spinning Sprinkler, Blue
Offered by Lake View
Price: $18.73
7 used & new from $15.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I had Faith in Many Happy Owners, January 15, 2015
Unique design design throw quite a large circle with even coverage. Dramm builds quality sprinkles the last for years, never failing me.

Anker® Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with 20 Hour Battery Life and Full, High-Def Sound for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Nokia and More(Blue)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $31.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Based on Price/Performance Excellent, January 15, 2015
Based on price verses performance this is an excellent speaker. Bought another wireless for my wife about $35. Also excellent. At about $45 this is about that $ much better. This has one speaker, the other has two. Based on volume and sound quality two is not necessarily better. Twenty hours of play time over ten with the other is a plus. This Anker Classic is very good and smaller than the $35 twin speaker. Even in our back yard Anker Classic fills the air hopefully w/o bothering the neighbors.

Haggar Men's Classic Expandable Waist Pleat Front Twill Short, Khaki, 44
Haggar Men's Classic Expandable Waist Pleat Front Twill Short, Khaki, 44
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and comfortable, December 26, 2014
My ten year old stretchable Sportif shorts are getting thin but I still prefer them they are so light and cool but at $55 ??
So unless the weather is above 95 I will wear these and these have a nicer finish on the fabric. One star less for the extra bulk around the waist due to the stretchable setup. Fabric on the blue is different than the tan and better looking IMHO. For the money I think you will be pleased.

OXO Good Grips Jar Opener
OXO Good Grips Jar Opener
Price: $9.95
11 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars None are perfect. This one works better than my other and is a lot smaller in the drawer, December 26, 2014
I'll be the five hundred and tenth commenter which says something doesn't it. I guess no opener is perfect but I already had a good one except it was on the big side taking too much drawer space. My old one probably had more leverage than this one but this OXO is simple fast and fits small to quite large. The round silicon included mat that comes in the device also adds a lot of strength on more stubborn jars but usually not necessary. If you have severe arthritis you might need an electric opener. All the manual ones need some strength?
Follow Up: Found a one opening problem, flavored water plastic bottles with the small plastic caps; they have a seal that needs to be broken opening the first time. Cap is tight and small and plastic. This opener has that narrow steel toothed edge to bight into the lid. In this situation if bites deeply into the cap before getting enough traction. I could see the lid cracking mine didn't. My old one is the: Evriholder EasiTwist Jar Opener if you look at it the edges that hold the caps are soft rubber lined so they will not cut. Never found a lid it would not fit or open. It's flaw is it's size in length and width. I still like this OXO but I will keep the old one handy too.

New Star 34608 Cast Aluminum Utility Scoop, 85-Ounce
New Star 34608 Cast Aluminum Utility Scoop, 85-Ounce
Price: $15.21

5.0 out of 5 stars So big it approaches the limit for one handed carry., December 18, 2014
Ordered on faith because the smaller one I have has been very useful filling our bird feeders. This one is huge. Sat around for a couple weeks with nothing to do until I needed to move large quantities of dog food from one container to a small one. Both containers are large and larger heavy so I took scoopfuls from bigger to less big. Great! When I have to fill in dips in the lawn with fresh top soil this huge scoop will be handy. If you want to borrow FIVE pounds of sugar from your neighbor take this scoop. You will on need one full scoop, LOL

Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On,Brown Leather,13 M
Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On,Brown Leather,13 M
Offered by EShoeWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost 600 happy owners???, December 18, 2014
Looking for around the house comfort shoes. Most important, keep my feet dry when I take our Golden "Amber" (eyes) out in the back yard on the winter wet, wet, wet lawn. Prefer driving shoes generally but water soaks through to socks and feet pretty quick.

No these are not slipper looking BUT the sure lived up to what so many, many others said for comfort with no break in needed. They were a touch large but I wear medium heavy weight wool socks in winter so they fit nicely. I did treat them with "SnoSeal" bees wax water proofing too. Definitely add my name to the list of hundreds. All for One and One for All thanks for customer recommendations.

IKEA - 365+ Food Saver 10x7x2
IKEA - 365+ Food Saver 10x7x2
Offered by Electric Test
Price: $16.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Five years no problems with four sizes plus lids., November 19, 2014
This review is from: IKEA - 365+ Food Saver 10x7x2
Bought at Ikea for less in four sizes. Seal well, open/close vent, red chili does not stain, good selection of sandwich size and bigger and bigger. A notch above Rubbermaid IMHO.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20