Profile for B. Speer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 208

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Speer RSS Feed (Auburn, California USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Phillips Light Touch #1 Oval Cushion Brush
Phillips Light Touch #1 Oval Cushion Brush
Offered by eStores-LLC
Price: $17.95
2 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Since then I have bought four others in various designs to see if there was something better. Little balls at end of each bristl, April 19, 2015
I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this brush already. When I decided to let my hair grow longer bought this brush years ago.

Since then I have bought four others in various designs to see if there was something better. Little balls at end of each bristle really smooth out knots and do not scrape your scalp when brushing. Boar bristles and other animal types do not work as well as this one for me.

If you want special brushes for styling like small round brushes in different diameters that might be better. As my hair gets longer, getting up mornings and taming the tangles from pillows turns and laying on the back of my head without a pillow make such a mess sometimes it is spectacular, but not for public viewing, that is when this excellent brush lines up all the hair about where it is suppose to be. If I lost all my other brushes I would not replace them this ONE is enough. Happy Trails

DGA Mach 2 Disc Golf Basket
DGA Mach 2 Disc Golf Basket

5.0 out of 5 stars This DGA Mach 2 or the Disc Catcher are the best if you can afford, April 10, 2015
I bought one of these from a guy who had his own private course but sold his home and sold 18 of these for half price. That was ten years ago. With my Golden Retriever "Amber" we are in the backyard several times a day with a dozen discs to practice putts. Unless you have 300'plus distance use this basket for putting practice. I you are serious about really better play and fairly consistent winning putting 50 plus times most days over a couple years and 10 out of 10 putts will go in from about 35'. It is rare I can't get my "up" within 30', any drives within 30 to 40' means tournament wins if you can putt decently. It is long and complicated but in short good putts mean doing the same thing absolutely everytime with a chance to literally aim during the motion of putting when you hand passes in front of your eyes. Stand sideways with disc in hand and hand directly in front of disc toward basket. To "fire" the putt hold hand out and pull back SLOWLY to waste then quickly always with hand PULLING IN FRONT OF DISC TOWARD BASKET. Always hold disc level, few do, or slightly tilted down toward basket. Slow back and with speed fire LEVEL disc toward basket through the line of your eye and basket with wrist roll and out in front of released disc rolling from elbow down to hand so it "feels" like your throwing over your palm UP hand at release. When you get tired you will start with your hand too low and bad habits will creep in and wreck your putts. Absolute consistency repeated over every time or it all goes away and the "muscle memory" is ruined. Any tiny deviation in your putt should be tried at least a thousand times and clearly understood why it benefits and not because it "works" temporarily. If you understand what I just wrote you have a large portion of what at least a million putts have taught me. And you still need the basket to make the putt consistently yours.
Tomorrow I play doubles in our weekly game for 16yrs.
Happy Trails

adidas Originals Men's Samoa Retro Sneaker,Collegiate Navy/Running White/Metallic/Gold,13 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, prices vary by color, synthetic leather but good looking, April 7, 2015
Synthetic leather but still quality shoe. I put white elastic laces on. Use a shoe horn to easily get your foot in then tighten with lock or leave snug with elastic tension. Really nice looking shoes, casual dressy?

Denman Hair Brush Cleaner
Denman Hair Brush Cleaner
Offered by Parisa of London
Price: $4.57
9 used & new from $3.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cost Effective Brush Cleaner, April 7, 2015
This review is from: Denman Hair Brush Cleaner (Misc.)
It is cheap and works well. Brushes do need to be cleaned now and then. This tool does the job.

J-B Weld 50176 KwikWeld Syringe - Dries Dark Grey - 25 ml
J-B Weld 50176 KwikWeld Syringe - Dries Dark Grey - 25 ml
Price: $5.88
16 used & new from $4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars 8yrs later still good. Lots of came apart mends like garden tools, April 7, 2015
Been using JB for decades. Put a $1000 motorcycle fairing back together after a fall. 8yrs later still good. Lots of came apart mends like garden tools, furniture, etc. On tiny projects put some on business card and apply with toothpick. It is feaible to hold parts together until glue sets. One handy trick, cut a piece of plastic bag out of sandwich zip bag. Apply JB around two pieces being glued then carefully wrap strip of sheet plastic over JB glue smoothing out joint. After hardened peel plastic off for smooth joint. Happy Trails

Amazon Echo: How To Use Amazon Echo To Its Fullest Potential
Amazon Echo: How To Use Amazon Echo To Its Fullest Potential
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Obviously Translated Into English from Foreign Language, April 7, 2015
Yes it is free, it also is a waste of your time trying to figure out what many sentences mean? It pretends to be unbiased in the middle of being biased, LOL. perhaps the author meant well and was mistranslated? Perhaps Amazon Echo is not complicated enough to need a serious instruction manual? This "book" is only 31 pages including fluff title, credits, contents, etc. Go ahead, it's free, try figuring out what the heck it actually says. Just don't say I didn't warn you. You're getting a little less than you paid. I'm assuming your time has value too, LOL

Revolution Carolina Team Disc Golf Bag - Multi-Cam
Revolution Carolina Team Disc Golf Bag - Multi-Cam
Offered by Gotta Go Gotta Throw
Price: $199.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Manage has lost their way. I own an original first model still strong. Now way over the top prices, IMHO, February 4, 2015
I have owned this bag so long it is thoroughly beat up yet with years of life left to go. Problem is I bought mine for about $100 when they began and offered one model only. This current model sold for about $115 a year or two ago. Had to buy direct. Now they have gone big time and so has the price. I recently switched to a much lighter and cheaper bag for about $35. It is not the same heavy construction but much less hassle to carry and no one needs 16+ discs to play a round. At $200 this is a joke IMHO. It seems disc players keep wanting to carry more and more so often they now PUSH $400 baby carts with a bag and cooler filled with beer. To each his own, bless them, LOL Been writing to LowePro to see if I can convince them to make disc golf bags. They have made super quality backpacks and camera bags for decades. Their prices are under $100 for detailed quality bags for cameras. I own ten for different purposes. Revolution, good luck and good bye...................

Happy Trails

Search And Rescue 18 Foot Orange Ring Retriever
Search And Rescue 18 Foot Orange Ring Retriever
Price: $39.96
4 used & new from $33.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, Another Disc Golfer. My old one won't extend well or lock. Discs cost more than golf balls by far, LOL, February 4, 2015
How funny! I'm another disc golfer. When you pay $18 for a disc you want to get it out of the water even more than a "ball golfer". Been using a 25yr old 18' retriever but the slip joints don't want to slip or lock anymore. I keep mine in the car. It is worth going back for if one goes in the water.
Once a fellow player threw his in our local lake. It was his upshot, putter for many years. Then with long sticks we muddied up the water trying so hard but it was out of reach. Next day alone, got my retriever out of garage, found that disc in settled clear water and at the 18' max laying on the mossy bottom. Cleaned it like new. Few days later our group played again. I snuck it in the owner's bag. He freaked out, LOL I winked to another player and he ratted me out, LOL

Definitely gotten my cost back many times over often retrieving others discs when there was no other way but swimming, LOL 5yrs later, yesterday, played and that guy still throws that retrieved disc. ............but my double partner and I won.

Happy Trails P.S. Planning to cut a little off the end for about a 180deg curved hook

MagLite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED Flashlight, Black
MagLite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED Flashlight, Black
Price: $27.28
159 used & new from $21.78

1.0 out of 5 stars WAY, Way too big, wrong batteries, and wrong LEDs, February 3, 2015
Even the LED version of this is a joke along with the price and battery size. In the last year or two I threw this model and the two cell version in the trash. How's that for an unrecommend ?

Maglite needs to start all over again and design something that includes the major advances in flash lights that sell for well under $20 and use the latest batteries that last much longer with simple recharging once or twice a year. Maglite is way too late with way to little although it is actually TOO big unless you need a club. When is the last time you clubbed someone?? LOL

Dramm 15075 ColorStorm Spinning Sprinkler, Blue
Dramm 15075 ColorStorm Spinning Sprinkler, Blue
Price: $18.74
3 used & new from $18.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I had Faith in Many Happy Owners, January 15, 2015
Unique design design throw quite a large circle with even coverage. Dramm builds quality sprinkles the last for years, never failing me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20