Profile for pd > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

pd "electronics geek" RSS Feed (nc)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lambert Peat 05115 Comp Retail Grade Peat Moss, 1 Cubic Feet
Lambert Peat 05115 Comp Retail Grade Peat Moss, 1 Cubic Feet
Price: $25.02

1.0 out of 5 stars you can get 4 cubic feet of peat moss for ..., March 24, 2015
you can get 4 cubic feet of peat moss for 10 $ in any big box store that sells plants and pots. Most of the peat moss comes from canada only so doesn't matter which brand. I am rating it one star for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2015 8:01 PM PDT

Nature Made Vitamin C 500mg, 60 Softgels (Pack of 3)
Nature Made Vitamin C 500mg, 60 Softgels (Pack of 3)
Offered by Tax Free USA
Price: $24.99
8 used & new from $22.32

3.0 out of 5 stars good price but some issues, March 24, 2014
I bought this Vitamin C and this brand for 2 reasons , good price and most nature made products don't contain gelatin which is not suitable for vegetarian . However when I received these bottle I realized that this one does contain gelatin so if you are strict vegetarian then this may not be the one you want to buy. The regular version of Naturemade vitamin C does not contain any gelatin. Also the second problem is that these are big. My first impression looking at it was if it was for animals or human beings. I wanted to give these to my grandma who is 90 but I would not do it due to risk of choking. the size is approximately 3/4 of an inch. Wont be buying this again.

Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli, 40-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli, 40-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $33.67
20 used & new from $31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Using this muesli since 1yr now., September 8, 2013
This muesli has become a standard breakfast for the entire family. The taste of this muesli is bland/sweet depending what you get in your mouth. Adding a little sugar makes it a treat for me as its the best whole grain and wholesome breakfast you can have. Also you can add fruits to it to make it more tasty. This muesli makes you feel full till lunch which prevents me on chomping on unhealthy snacks. Rich in fibre is a plus . Compared to other cereals available in the market this muesli has no junk in it only oats, nuts, seeds.Based on the amount of nuts and raisins it has the quality is exceptional. Even my 3 yr old son prefers this over any of the store bought cereal.

Sure Fit Lexington Chair Slipcover, Multi
Sure Fit Lexington Chair Slipcover, Multi
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $38.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated it, September 8, 2013
I had bought the entire set for chair, sofa and loveseat. Tried to put it on my chair first. Took a long time to get it on even with instructions as it was humongous. After 1 hr of trying I realised that the reason it was not aligning well was too big for my big chair. After tucking it in every corner the chair looked like a bag filled with something. I kept it on for 2 days to convince myself it works but the tucks kept coming out and the creases on the chair due to extra material looked horrible. Also the color in the pic looks brighter than it actually is and it looked really dull in reality.Definitely not a good fit if you have a contemporary look. The product definitely not what it says: Surefit . Returned back to amazon and had to pay the shipping. This was my first return since I started using amazon in 2004.

NOVA Medical Products  Tray for Folding Walker
NOVA Medical Products Tray for Folding Walker
Price: $33.42
9 used & new from $24.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits ok on other brand of walker, September 8, 2013
I bought this for my grandmother to help her save some energy and to make it easy for transporting anything in kitchen as she is not able to carry it anymore. Set up is easy as it is ready to use. The quality of the plastic is cheap but durable. The angle of the tray can be made completely horizontal only if it fits the walker perfectly otherwise will be a chore to get it on. We had to first position it the way we want and then apply pressure to the 2 longitudinal clamps that go on the either sides of the walker. Because it does not fit the brand of walker we have my grandma has to just leave it on at all times which makes the folding/unfolding of the walker impossible.

Recommend to get it only for the brand of walker mentioned.

Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Design Training Pants, Size 3T-4T, Boy, 50 Count (Pack of 2)
Offered by Box O' Mart
Price: $52.82
2 used & new from $52.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for nothing, March 10, 2013
We brought the 2t-3t size to switch him from baby dry diapers was the worst mistake. The pull ups look nice but hardly hold anything. Pants starts coming down and my was son was so uncomfortable. Also the amount if redness he developed during the month we used these was more than 2.5 yrs of pampers baby dry. Leaks are major when he pooped. Switched him back to pampers swaddlers and he is a happy camper again.

Traveler's Choice Rome 3-Piece Hardshell Spinner/Rolling Luggage Set (Silver)
Traveler's Choice Rome 3-Piece Hardshell Spinner/Rolling Luggage Set (Silver)
Offered by eBags
Price: $134.09
5 used & new from $134.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as it looks, July 8, 2012
I had bought these bags in feb 2009. It looks good and appears to be very durable. The silver color looks as described and is easy to clean the bags after trips being hard case. Also the silver color also makes it stand out at the airport as most bags are darker in color. The bags are 20, 24 and 28 inch upright. The 24 and 28 inches are good for international travel as I have used it to travel to India, mexico and Aruba. But on a recent delta flight to Hawaii, the bag was completely damaged. There were big cracks on the hardshell which cannot be repaired. The bags lasted for 3 yrs only and since these bag has 6 yrs warranty advertised on it decided to check out the warranty info. Here is the link
[...] . The warranty clearly states that there us 6 yrs warranty on the bags but when you read the information carefully it states that it does not include damage due to airline travel. Its clear that the breaking of the hard-shell is just a proof of bad quality and 6 yr warranty is just to lure customers to buy their luggage because baggages mainly get damaged during travel and not just sitting around at home.

Tabbed Board Books: My First Words: Let's Get Talking! (Tab Board Books)
Tabbed Board Books: My First Words: Let's Get Talking! (Tab Board Books)
by Dawn Sirett
Edition: Board book
Price: $8.72
77 used & new from $0.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book if 18 months and older, June 8, 2012
This book is one of the 4 books I bought for my son when he was 18 months old. This book has tabbed section with different topics tat are easy to locate . Topics include feelings, food, animals, stuff in the house, shapes,colors cars.The pictures are colorful, vibrant and 2d . Most awesome part of the book is the pics are so real that the baby can actually point out in real life why he learned in this book. When I bought this book my sons vocabulary was may be 8-10 words involving mostly mommy daddy. Within a week reading and showing this book to my son everyday my son was able to point out most of the food items and now 2 months out he has a vocabulary of more than 50 words. This book is my sons favorite among all.

Mastering Elliott Wave Principle: Elementary Concepts, Wave Patterns, and Practice Exercises
by Constance M. Brown
Price: $50.03
34 used & new from $38.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Elliot wave teacher with new perspective, June 8, 2012
This book is exactly a typical Constance Brown book well thought, organized and innovative. I am a novice elliot wave student and was waiting for this book to come out since 6 months. This book is not a typical elliot wave book where author lays down the rules and all the description of the waves and then you get so lost in reading so much detail about the personality of wave and the rules that you actually forget to apply it practically. The author has introduced the concept by first teaching how to distinguish between price swings and waves which actually are different than most of us think. This is followed by explanation of effects of balance and proportion in the markets and how it can be used to identify elliot wave counts with her new approach.Then the author explains impulse waves and basic corrective patterns seen in the markets. After introducing new concept the author tries to actually test to see if the reader had understood before going forward with next topic. The amazing thing is that she has probably taught so many students that she actually knows where a elliot wave student would make mistakes and she points out every time she can. Also the author has shown the elliot wave counts for different time frames which actually helps to visualize in real time how to form a perspective when counting the waves. One of the main questions that I had was about which chart type to use and how to figure out if your count is right both of which have been answered. As the author said this book by itself will not help the reader become a master in elliot wave counting so will be waiting for the part 2 of the this series.

Fibonacci Analysis (Bloomberg Financial)
Fibonacci Analysis (Bloomberg Financial)
Price: $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book if you treat trading like your business!!!, February 29, 2012
I am a newbie to this world but decided to learn about fibs after realizing so many traders use it. I decided to read this book when I signed up for a fibs class and the presenter toldc that he uses the method described in this book to create confluence zones.

Let me point out that this book is definitely not the first book you want to read if you are new to technical analyss but it's for advancing your knowledge and coming up with high probability trades with minimal loss. The books presents the concept with multiple examples and shows exactly how to find the confluence zones, where to place your stop loss, target exit points.
The books seems to be complicated because everyone who is probably reading this book is new to this way of applying fibs and has to first unlearn the way they used it before. However once you learn how to draw the confluence zones you will be amazed how the market respects it and it makes you realize that every effort made to learn the concepts is worthwhile. However if you are day trading this may not be the fastest way to enter trades

Read this book 3 times and wiill be using this book for reference whenever I need help with the concepts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3