Profile for Orion > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Orion "SM" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Anti-Slip Anti-Bacterial Bath Mat 16" x 28"
Anti-Slip Anti-Bacterial Bath Mat 16" x 28"
Offered by Perella's
Price: $19.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure this bath mat is anti-bacterial. Perhaps I received a defective item..., March 23, 2015
I'm having a very hard time reconciling my own experience with this product with the rave reviews here on Amazon. We purchased this mat for our bathtub to help with bathing our kids in the tub. Out of the box, it seemed quite nice and functional, albeit very plain to look at. However, within two uses of the tub/bathmat, we started to notice little brown spots on the rubber surface of the mat. This was not dirt we or the kids introduced into the tub, but rather, something most likely growing on the mat surface. Scrubbing with soap and a rough pad did nothing to remove this brown spot, and in the few weeks since then, the number of these spots have continued to rise and the bath mat looks disgusting.

I'm really disappointed with the product and I don't see how this has so many positive reviews. Perhaps I received a defective item?

Amazon, to their credit were excellent and provided us a full refund after we brought this to their attention. I guess we'll keep looking for another bath mat for our tub.

Update - I wanted to add that the company that makes this and the seller (Perella) do stand by their product. After leaving this review, I was contacted by them and they mentioned that this product came with a complete replacement warranty. They offered to either replace it at no cost or provide me a full refund for the item. In my case, since Amazon already authorized a refund to me, I did not take them up on their offer. But, it is nice to know that this seller and company stands by their product. If this product looks good to other shoppers, I'd suggest purchasing it knowing that you can get a refund if you have similar issues to me. Perhaps I just received a defective item, so I can give the product the benefit of doubt for now. I'm leaving the 1-star rating, but I wanted to add this note so future shoppers are not discouraged from purchasing this product.

CHOETECH LG G3 Quick Circle Case Wireless Charger Qi Standard Wireless Charging Receiver Cover Smart Wake Up/Sleep View Window Side Flip Pu Leather Case (Does Not Support LG G3 AT&T Version)
Offered by Greenjia
Price: $40.00
4 used & new from $6.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparison against original LG Quick Circle Case, December 25, 2014
Length:: 4:11 Mins

This CHOETECH Quick Circle case is a decent case and the cheapest case you are likely to find with Qi Wireless charging capabilities. Since I have owned both this case and the original LG QuickCircle Wireless charging case, I thought it would be useful to compare the two for those who are wondering how this case stacks up against the more expensive LG product. Right off the bat, you should know that this case tries to completely knock-off the LG quick circle case and it does a decent job but with a few important drawbacks that detract from what would otherwise be a great case with good bang for the buck. To keep this short and sweet, I'll list out the pros and cons for the case

Pros

- Cheapest quick circle case ($16 at time of review) with Qi Wireless charging capability
- Replaces LG G3 phone back cover, thus retaining a slim profile for the phone
- "For LG G3" text missing on newer batches. Depending on whether you'd like to have it or not, this could be a Pro or Con
- "For the price", the overall fit and finish is pretty decent. No glaring manufacturing defects are observable and the back cover has a textured feel that makes it more grippy
- Plastic ring for quick circle animation works well
- Wireless charging seemed to work though I was unable to check efficiency of this case v/s the LG case.

Cons (compared against the LG case)

- The front flap feels REALLY cheap. It is light weight, and hardly ever wants to stay on the screen. You can easily see this in the video review I've attached. It makes the overall case feel cheap and assures negligible protection for the screen if you were to drop the phone.
- Overall finish is much poorer in comparison to the more expensive LG case. The backing, while nice, looks nothing as nice and uniform as the LG case. THere are some minor imperfections in the corrugated pattern on the case back which make it look less appealing than the LG case
- The soft cloth section of the case that folds back is poorly executed. It looks decent when brand new, but after folding back a few times, it develops creases as it looks like the top cloth like material is just glued onto some backing. The creases look terrible and make it look very cheap. Unfortunately I forgot to show this in the video. In comparison, the LG case does not have a thin layer glued onto a backing, so it looks uniform and folds back perfectly with no creases.
- The back is a bit thicker than the LG case. This is a minor nit pick, not really a con. But in comparison, the LG case is slimmer
- This is a personal thing, but on the original LG case, the front has "LG G3" printed in a muted gray color in a really sleek font. I actually really like it as it adds a little something to the front panel and improves the aesthetics imo without looking tacky.

The biggest thing that sets the LG case apart from this case is the fact that the front flap stays glued on due to a static electricity type effect that keeps the screen attached to the top flap. I REALLY like this as it removes the need for a magnetic latch, and the case looks much more elegant. The slight downside is that this static charging of the screen makes it also pick up more lint/dust in your pockets so you may have to wipe the screen clean a few more times a day.

Overall, the CHOETECH is a good case for $16. If you were comparing it against an LG case selling for $60, the LG case becomes a less interesting value proposition. However, the LG case can be bought from third party retailers like Expansys (where I bought mine) for ~ $35, and these are authentic LG cases. At that price, the LG case is definitely the better product for me. I've already dropped my phone on its front face in the LG case and the front flap stayed glued on and did a wonderful job protecting the phone. This case on the other hand would have likely resulted in a shattered screen as the flap is always trying to open up as I've shown in the video. If you have to spend another $10 or more for a magnetic latch, you might as well spend the $35 or so to pick up an authentic LG case that looks better and works better without needing an additional, obtrusive magnetic latch.

PS - I apologize for the potato quality video. I can't recall the last time we had sunshine this winter, and between gloomy ambient lighting, and depressing "soft white" CFL lighting, I picked the former as the lesser of the two evils for the purposes of shooting my first video review.

iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies
iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies
Price: Click here to see our price
49 used & new from $382.49

5.0 out of 5 stars All the reviews here cover all the great things about the Roomba, December 1, 2014
I don't think I can ever go back to not owning a Roomba! All the reviews here cover all the great things about the Roomba. I really have no complaints with it and will happily purchase another one whenever my current 770 kicks the bucket.

CherryCreek Decals Jungle Monkeys Giant Peel & Stick Wall Sticker Decal
CherryCreek Decals Jungle Monkeys Giant Peel & Stick Wall Sticker Decal
Offered by Wall_Art_Corner
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great look, February 12, 2014
I really like the decals. They are big, easy to peel and stick very well to the wall. All pieces are numbered making it a lot easier/faster to lay out on your wall. Additionally, this doesn't feel cheaply made like some other decals and the pieces are completely opaque and bright and are not dulled down by the color of the wall on which they are affixed.

Carters Keep Me Close Blanket, Ecru (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Carters Keep Me Close Blanket, Ecru (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by American Closeouts
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute, soft, and completely useless after a wash, February 12, 2014
Heed the warnings from other reviews. This blanket got ruined after a single wash/dry cycle in our new washer/dryer. Lint everywhere and it won't stop shedding. I'm concerned for the safety of my twin babies who are only a month old as they can easily end up getting the lint in their eyes or mouth.

It's a shame because the blanket is really cute and very very soft and snuggly. I'm going to think twice before buying Carters products in the future. You'd think that they'd have some better QC testing for their products.

GreenWorks 26032 12 Amp 20" Corded Snow Thrower
GreenWorks 26032 12 Amp 20" Corded Snow Thrower
Price: $195.00
8 used & new from $167.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and spend a bit more on a more heavy duty snow blower, December 17, 2013
I bought this snow blower over a year ago but I decided not to review it till I had used it for a couple of winters to allow for a fair review of this snow blower. I live in the North East (upstate NY) and get quite a bit of snow in the winter time. After having used this for 1 full winter last year and a couple of snow storms this winter, I think I am in a position to provide a pretty fair and detailed review of this product.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Pretty good at clearing snow if it isn't too wet or chunky
- Decent throw distance

Cons:
- Largest complaint is the rickety, plastic build quality. Almost every time I use it, I've had screws, nuts or plastic pieces fall off and get lost in my driveway. It's been really frustrating to use and at the moment, the plastic piece that forms the top of the spout has completely fallen off as the pieces that kept it on came off with all the vibration from using it yesterday

- Wheels are tiny and completely useless. They offer zero traction in the snow. When using it, you are basically just pushing and sliding the snow blower across your drive way. The wheels are completely pointless

- The light weight construction also makes it very hard to clear any substantial mass of snow as you can't really build up any momentum to go through thick/wet snow. This is exacerbated by the non existent traction of the wheels. So you end up having to exert quite a bit of effort to clear snow with this snow thrower and it isn't particularly great for your back, especially if you are a tall person like me.

- Design flaw leaves the gears for rotating the spout exposed to the snow. Snow can get in here and freeze and prevent rotation of the spout. Only way around this is to cover this with a scarf or knitted socks...

- I've had snow freeze up and clog the spout on several occasions when the snow is a bit wet and temperatures are slightly above/below freezing. I've had to carry something with me to knock out the chunk of ice plugging the spout to clear up the spout so I can continue with snow clearning.

- Managing the power cord is quite challenging and the cord never seems to stay latched into position in the holder that is meant for placement of the power cord. Using this snow blower when there is 5+ inches of snow out is pretty slow going and barely faster than using a shovel (though it requires less effort).

Summary: All in all, I really wanted to like this snow blower but the build quality is just atrocious. It is too lightweight and rickety and it has a propensity to lose small parts that are hard if not impossible to replace. The nuts and bolts were all installed properly as per the manual but it seems like a design flaw as they do tend to come off due to the wear and tear and vibrations of snow plowing. If I didn't have the snow blower falling apart on me every time I use it, I'd probably have rated it a 3 star product, but the poor design and build quality pulls this down to a 1 star product and I am seriously considering shelling out more for a more heavy duty snow blower.

ZipWall AZ2 Standard Zipper (contains 2 zippers)
ZipWall AZ2 Standard Zipper (contains 2 zippers)
Price: $21.35
8 used & new from $12.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely weak adhesive. Very disappointed with my purchase, February 13, 2013
My wife and I ordered this for a vinyl based cover we had put together to cover our orchid shelving unit. We had constructed something similar a few years back and used a different brand of zippers that worked flawlessly and lasted through 3+ years of use with absolutely no problems.

We ordered these zippers as we wanted the black color and installed them on the vinyl and then cut the vinyl as per the instructions. The zippers work okay, but the adhesive isn't strong at all. The very next day I saw parts of the zipper coming off the vinyl. Pulling on the zipper to open/close only makes matters worse.

I'm extremely disappointed in this product and would never recommend it to anyone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 10:56 AM PST

Plush Tuff Olefin Mat 3' x 5' Blue
Plush Tuff Olefin Mat 3' x 5' Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and great customer service from the seller, January 29, 2013
My wife ordered this mat for us so that we could use it by our patio door. With the addition of a dog to our home, this product has been a life saver. It is large enough to make sure that we can have our Golden retriever sit/lie here after being out while we ensure that his muddy paws/belly is wiped and dried. It's been great for winter as well, and most importantly, it looks nice, has a very nice rubber base that prevents it from sliding around while also ensuring that water does not seep through the mat and onto the floor.

We loved this product so much that we bought another smaller mat in the same color from the same seller for our front door. There were a couple of mix ups with the seller sending us the wrong color mat (twice!), but the seller was always very accomodating and they ended up shipping the correct mat on the third try and let us hold onto the previous two mats!

To summarize - Great product, great seller!

ZyXEL PLA4205 HomePlug AV 500 Mbps Powerline Wall-plug Adapter
ZyXEL PLA4205 HomePlug AV 500 Mbps Powerline Wall-plug Adapter
Offered by E-Speciales
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $32.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but terrible speeds (in a new home!), January 29, 2013
I really had my hopes up when I bought this product. I currently have my Linksys router and HTPC setup in my living room and have my desktop upstairs in my room. I've been using a USB Wifi Dongle to connect my PC to my home network, and while it has been okay for streaming HD movies (I get around 20Mbps via Wifi), it gets very frustrating when I am moving large files from my PC over to my HTPC/NAS.

After holding out for a long time, I decided to purchase this "500 Mbps" powerline adapter since I figured it would at least be faster than a "200 Mbps" adapter. While I was well aware that I shouldn't expect the advertised 500 Mbps speeds, I was still cautiously optimistic about this product at least outperforming my current Wifi dongle.

Setting things up was easy enough, with everything being plug and play. However, when I tested my speeds using iPerf, I was horribly disappointed to note speeds of around 20 - 24 Mbps. I should mention, that this is a fairly new home (built in 2006) and all the wiring, etc is in great shape. I then spent some time hopping from power outlet to power outlet in the house and the highest I managed to get was around 60Mbps on the outlet right next to the the other unit (not very useful). Otherwise, speeds usually varied between 8Mbps (yes! 8!!) to around 25Mbps. To add insult to injury, running online speedtests showed that I was getting the same ping and up and download speeds via my Wifi Dongle and this ZyXEL product.

Safe to say that this item is going right back to the manufacturer. It seems like powerline networking is very hit or miss and you just need to be lucky with where your router and PC is setup in relation to the electrical layout in your home. I'm glad that this works for the people who have posted here, but I'd caution anyone purchasing this unit to make sure that they can return it if it does not meet their expectations.

For me, I am better off with my Wifi dongle as it has been very reliable, gives me the same speeds as this powerline adapter and additionally doesn't hog a power outlet in the house. If I had to do it again, I'd be far more tempted to invest in setting up a Wireless-N network around the house with one or two routers.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 10:15 AM PDT

Runners World Reflective Vest
Runners World Reflective Vest

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, very easy to wear, perfect for wearing over heavy winter jackets, December 27, 2012
My wife and I bought 2 pairs so we could wear these over our winter jackets when taking our dog out on walks in the evening during the winter months. These jackets are extremely reflective and very easy to get into and out of. They are also loose enough that they can easily be strapped over heavy winter jackets without any trouble.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4